Who's done a clutch already on a 03' SRT-10?

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who\'s done a clutch already on a 03\' SRT-10?

I'm looking to put one on the shelf "just in case". How much did you pay for yours? How many miles until yours failed? Thanks.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Who\'s done a clutch already on a 03\' SRT-10?

I'm having a clutch bilt now. I have decided to go with the carbon/carbon setup, and aluminum flywheel. The co. doing the work is Carolina Clutch. I have used the Dual Friction Center Force, and the Kevlar setup before. All have proven to be superior to the factory clutch. The 03 is tall in the gearing to work out with the factory clutch. Let me know if you are interested in this setup, if you want to go the other route, Carolina Clutch, can get you what you want. There prices are absolutly unbeatable.

Skip

OP
OP
S

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Skip,

How much is the set-up and how long has this set-up lasted in other cars?

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Steve the clutch set up I will be using is the carbon/carbon setup and custom made aluminum flywheel. The cost will be around $1800.00 This is a top of the line setup, built by Carolina Clutch co. I've used the Center Force Dual Friction setup before and it is nice if you don't want to spend so much. I just thought I'd try this ultimate setup. The clutch in the 03 is really not to good, as it slips more than you think. You would realize this when you go in to second gear under a full load, as the upgraded clutch will feel very different. It sort of launches you forward much more than the oem clutch. This clutch also will weigh about 4lbs less, and the flyweel will be around half what the OEM is. This is worth a lot in my opinion.

Skip

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

just an fyi - the comp coupe flywheel will go right into the SRT-10. It is much lighter than the SRT-10 flywheel and is all steel, not AL like aftermarket flywheels.

I asked the CC engineer why steel and he said in hi stress use, it was far less likely to warp or have problems than an AL one with steel insert.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How long does the Carbon/Carbon last?

Max

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As far as how long the carbon/carbon setup will last, if you're just spinting around on the street, and on the track once in a while, you will will never wear it out. If you do, it can be redone for a fraction of its intial cost. This is a very long life setup, when compared to the OEM.

The aluminum flywheel will not warp, even under extreme conditions, the one I'm having built is different than the Fidanza. It has the carbon surface on it. I'm not an expert on flywheels, but the people building this flywheel are, and there is know way they would build this out of aluminum if it were going to warp. In my opinion, the factory uses steel to cut down on cost, or maybe the steel one is more resistent under the most extreme of conditions. Carolina Clutch has never had a problem with this setup. They are fully aware of the use these cars will go thru. They want to get in on the Viper market very much. I have much faith in there products.

Skip White

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang