WHY are our pedals so cheap

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
***, why the hell did they give us these cheesy pedals, my buddies 03 cobra even came with racing pedals, again...*** :curse: . Any suggested remedies?

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ask your buddy why his 03 Cobra only came with a measly 390 HP.

Hey Chuck, Caravan called, they want their pedals back. :D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After market pedals are not that badly priced. Can get a nice set for under $100. I bought a set but never installed them. They just sat around for a while until I sold them on here. I am lazy I guess. LOL

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After market pedals are not that badly priced. Can get a nice set for under $100. I bought a set but never installed them. They just sat around for a while until I sold them on here. I am lazy I guess. LOL

I hear ya, I'm too lazy to even buy them in the first place. :smirk:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hear ya, I'm too lazy to even buy them in the first place. :smirk:

HAHA! Same way here.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I knew who made them but the ones with "RT/10" & "GTS" on them seem to be one of the most popular. Those are the ones that I had.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sparco & Momo also make great pedals. They cover the stock mini-van pedals very nicely!

So they aren't pedals then? They sound like pedal COVERS.

I don't like the idea of that. It sounds flimsy and might come off. I want a whole piece.

FlyBryViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good luck with the whole piece.
Yes, covers are about our only option right now, however, the rubber covers from the factory are already on the clutch & brake!
For the throttle, SVSi does make a aluminum billet piece to replce the plastic mini-van pedal. Which you then bolt a pedla cover onto.
Several Vipers here have bolted pedal covers. They work great on the street & track.

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Decorated pedals belong to the new tuner generation.
You know, those youngsters driving around on a platform for accessories that used to be a Japanese econobox for Japanese roads.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too have one of those underpowered '03 Cobras...and it has those alumunum pedals. I'd rather have the standard rubber ones like the Viper has.

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They barely put in windows, air conditioning and anti-lock brakes and you're looking for "pretty" pedals?

Unless they are lighter or provide less Gs, you're getting the stuff out of the spare parts bin that is good enough ;-)

Santo

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They barely put in windows, air conditioning and anti-lock brakes and you're looking for "pretty" pedals?

Unless they are lighter or provide less Gs, you're getting the stuff out of the spare parts bin that is good enough ;-)

Santo

I have a feeling race pedals are lighter and provide more grip. Hey man, nothing wrong with "pretty" pedals to go along with a "pretty" car.

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Decorated pedals belong to the new tuner generation.
You know, those youngsters driving around on a platform for accessories that used to be a Japanese econobox for Japanese roads.

Ok old man, imagine, wanting racing pedals in a race car....us young punks eh?? :rolleyes: Anyone know what kind of pedals are in a Ferrari, Porche, Lotus, etc....?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you referring to the assembly or just the covers? To be honest, the factory pedal assembly is very light and high quality. I doubt any mini van has such an elaborate set up, if they do, then I'm impressed.

Darkness

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wounder if the pedals from the SRT-10 would fit. Those look like they're supposed to.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i believe autovation sells these on ebay, think i have seen them before. and look nice there. you guys have to remember that the cover types work great if you get creative with the install. meaning you dont do it the way they say to. most cover type pedals simply attach with a ****** bracket which wraps the back of the pedal to simply bear hug the existing pedal, but i have seen several viper owners buy these nice looking covers and remove the rubber cover on the factory setup and drill holes and secure the billet pieces they bought with screws. This setup looks awesome and it does take a little time on your knees with a drill boys but it is the look i think many here would think fitting of a king (VIPER).

diabolos88

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the ZERO Altitude Flight racing pedals.
the gas pedal actually gets drilled onto the existing stock pedal, then bolted down. The brake/clutch mainly get bolted down around a dual metal clamp.

I've raced, dragged, atuocrossed and beat up the car on the street, never had a problem. The rubber pads do come off in the summer due to heat soak.
They throw in a set of replacements for free though, well worth the $150 IMHO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine