Why did youbuy a Viper ??

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why did you buy a Viper ??

I will start, As a kid I always wanted a Vette after my uncle came over with his 73 vert...Man I'm gonna get me one of them..And years later I did.Well 20 years later I just got tired of everybody having the same thing and seeing them all the time.Traded my 98 vert and never looked back.Man I should have done this sooner.:drive:

Last edited:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine because corvettes are more for metrosexuals......................................

Vipers are more manly.........................................................

:D :D :D

Last edited:

8mywal8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tired of the vette. Needed to be different. :usa: Had to stay American

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Three main reasons:
-Engine volume & low end torque
-Styling / want something different than everybody else has
-Z06 does not come as convertible/roadster

Black Adder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had two vettes, M3, supercharged XKR jag. Wanted to get back to basics, power handling, looks and minimal electronic aids

Brake Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im in the black top bizz and needed a steam roller that could get the job done really FAST.

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's rude, crude, hot, loud, and looks great while being great on the track. I love it! What other car brings those attributes to the table for under 100K?

goat318

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ever since the 89 detroit auto show. I had to have one. than the gts came out. Game over. 2000 Gts. ohh and I hated my vette and could afford a ferrari

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Die hard Mopar driver since before I had a license.
Wanted one since the prototype hit the press.
Drove one, my brothers. The only antivenene was to find one for myself.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cubic Inches, Mopar Forever and like kicking GM as. Modified Z06 beat my modified Stealth R/T TT by a length - ordered bigger turbos, SS headers, and bigger injectors. Then my Motel burned down and I got my investment back. Took my money and bought a sc'd GTS. Wrecked that and bought bigger and faster GTS.

I'm a bad loser and lover working on cars so my GTS is my 23rd addition to my stable.

My 440 Duster is just as fast, but no braking or handling available with OLD Cars. For sale.

Ted

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Passion of mine since I was 12. Was finally able to get my first one in July '05. To me there was just nothing better on the road than a viper. Best BANG for the buck.

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a 64 MGB and loved that little car. I sold it several years back, stupid me. I started looking for a two seat vert. I had nothing particular in mind at the time. I looked at a whole range, from miatas to a BMW Z8... Ran across the viper, and just fell in love.

I know this will sound kinda funny, but it does remind me of my old MGB in a way... heh. All the mechanical sounds, the way the windscreen is, and well... the simplicity.

JK-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine actually 2 months ago (7/17/09) because a Red Viper GTS has been my lifelong dream car!

Just turned 21 on the 15th - by far the best b-day knowing I was able to reach my goal!!

:drive:

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most powerful supercar you can buy, modified and still have it be driveable. Blows my mind how brainless the UGR TT cars are.

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not cheaper than therapy but it's more fun...I use mine to releave 'business owner' stress:drive::2tu::drive::headbang:
When I was working on my doctorate I had a poster of the GTS on the wall above my study desk at home. Wanted one since the day they came out!

I was a Mopar guy all the way, 1st car was a duster, 2nd was a duster, third was a challenger, 4th was a Stealth TT...not to sure what to think now with the bailout, screwing investors and how they've treated Chuck:mad:

Last edited:

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was either a 5 year old Viper or a brand new Vette-As you can see, I really had no choice!;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten