Why did youbuy a Viper ??

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had a 64 MGB and loved that little car. I sold it several years back, stupid me. I started looking for a two seat vert. I had nothing particular in mind at the time. I looked at a whole range, from miatas to a BMW Z8... Ran across the viper, and just fell in love.

I know this will sound kinda funny, but it does remind me of my old MGB in a way... heh. All the mechanical sounds, the way the windscreen is, and well... the simplicity.

Sounds funny??? MGB? Isn't that like comparing a Challenger SRT8 to a VW Beetle?

Ted

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got tired of the weak driveline parts breaking every other week on my modified vette. Realized how affordable the viper was and haven't looked back. Owned 6 vipers since my last vette!

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like my women with CURVES!!!!! :kiss:
You cannot beat the look of an RT/10 (Gts is a close 2nd....but imho the GTS does not look as wide as the RT).

Economy went in the tank, as did the prices for a Viper, so I siezed the day!

The Viper has been nothing but a dream for me, and my father. You should have seen the look on his face when I told him to go get something out of the garage for me. He opened the door and WHHHHAMMMMMMM!!!!!!!! There sat the beautiful RT/10 we both always dreamed of. That almost killed the old man right there!

No we both enjoy the ******* out of it!

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#1 It's AMERICAN made! :2tu:

#2 There are 800 billion corvettes on the road.

#3 It is F****N fast and exotic.

#4 Mustangs are for boys, Corvettes are for girls, Vipers are for men.

#5 I could afford it.

#6 A buddy has one. Once I rode in it, I knew I had to have one.

#7 You dont mistake it for a corvette.

#8 No ***** package.

#9 Chicks dig it.

#10 I never thought I would own one.

:usa:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#1 It's AMERICAN made! :2tu:

#2 There are 800 billion corvettes on the road.

#3 It is F****N fast and exotic.

#4 Mustangs are for boys, Corvettes are for girls, Vipers are for men.

#5 I could afford it.

#6 A buddy has one. Once I rode in it, I knew I had to have one.

#7 You don't mistake it for a corvette.

#8 No ***** package.

#9 Chicks dig it.

#10 I never thought I would own one.

Yea, WHAT HE SAID :2tu:

I just remember the wait for the car to be shipped over here, and when I drove it home :)
I picked the car up from the docks, the paperwork took a bit longer than expected and I was running late, then had to pick up my son from school on the way home :D You should have seen the look on his face too :headbang:

Mark
:uk:

Sandy G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, kinda thought about another car for fun. I had a Prowler 02. VCA member Kala, said call Bill P. and I did. Told him I would like a Yellow Vert. A truck showed up and dropped off the Yellow Beast and the little Prowler went away. Now, my DD is a GC SRT8.............nice ride for sure!!! Doing biz with Woodhouse and Bill P. is why I am driving my hemi's and have big smiles!!!!!!!!! Thanks Bill P.

Guy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why?.. Because it was the rawest and most powerful car I had ever seen, been driven in, and finally got to drive (and power-slide, thanks to Skip Barber classes)!

As a bonus, it's rare, has amazing road presence, looks gorgeous and is a really good car!

Took me 8 years, but I did it! ..and yes, where I live, a new Ferrari would have been a similar price.. but how can you even compare the two? Completely different cars. I wanted a beast, a real monster! :D

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the others I have Owned Multiple Mopar muscle cars over the years and traded up and made some money on them. I never thought I would own a snake and the opportunity arose to own one of these beasts.

So now I have an old and new mopar.

Bruce

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poster on the wall as a kid. Love the thing to death, even in car jaded California I get thumbs ups.

Its the first car I have owned that felt exotic and livable at the same.

JJB500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Took a test drive and parked the Viper next to my Z06. No way I was driving back home with the Vette after looking at the cars side by side!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont really now how in the hell i ended up with one!but i love it!:confused::usa:

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fell in love with the car the first time I saw it at the 1989 SF international auto show. It is a beautiful work of art that excites me every time I look at it. It has all of the world class beauty combined with the stout reliability that I have only known American cars to deliver again and again. One sweet, distinctive, and fun ride.:2tu:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because it the modern equivalent of the 427 Cobra.
Gobbs of power.
No electronic nannies.
Gorgeous styling
Rare and unusual.
I beleive it has long term collector upside.
You drive it with your brain, not the computer's.
AMERICAN MADE!:usa:

VENUM INJECTION

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First one I saw was at the Gallaria Mall in Dallas. My girlfriend at the time said I would ride in that with you. Then one day they announced 600HP and I knew it was time.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always wanted a big block, high HP/TQ car that was an open top. I really wanted a 427 AC Cobra in the late 80s/early 90s but couldn't afford it. I wanted a Viper when it first came out but the wait and markup was rediculous at first. So I bought a cherry #s matching 427x435 tripower Vette roadster that was NCRS Top Flight. That was fine for a while but in '99/'00 Vipers came down to close to sticker and I bought an RT/10. It was fun going to the garage and having to choose between the two :D

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wanted a car with stripes and speaker grilles in the hood and the Viper was the only car that met the prerequisites.

Why has no one developed a sarcastic font yet?

I bought one because it was my automotive wet dream since I saw one at the 1992 Greater Milwaukee Auto Show. Then the GTS came out and I knew it was the car for me.

Oh, and I can't afford a Ford GT...

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My background was in vettes but I wasn't going to buy a new one as long as they were being sodomized by Vipers. Finally in 2006, Chevrolet came out with a competitive vette so I went to the dealer and they quoted me 15k over msrp for a Z06.

I always admired the looks of the Viper since the late 90's when I watched them kick the holy hell out of everything in the GT2 class. However, the impression I had of them because of magazines, was that they were fast piles of junk. After leaving the Chevy dealer (whom I bought a new van and 4X4 truck from) ********** at their ridiculous offer, I saw a Viper coming down the thruway and also read a magazine comparing a Hennessey TT Viper against a turbo vette, Ford GT, stock Z06, modified Mustang and GTO. The sight of that thruway Viper, combined with the magazine article changed my mind. I checked out a Viper at a dealer, found the car to be extremely desirable and reserved one from Ringgold Dodge after they gave me a much better price than the dealer in FL did. Less than a year after buying the new Viper, I bought a used 2000 GTS. I still have both.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was fate. I was looking for an old Vette and my neighbor was selling the Viper. As has been said above, its raw, brutal and barbaric. Love at first drive.

My favorite quote about the Viper (I forgot which one of you said it) was 'The Viper doesn't like you.... in fact, it may want you dead.':D

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was fate. I was looking for an old Vette and my neighbor was selling the Viper. As has been said above, its raw, brutal and barbaric. Love at first drive.

My favorite quote about the Viper (I forgot which one of you said it) was 'The Viper doesn't like you.... in fact, it may want you dead.':D

Yah, that was me. Mines already tried to kill me once:D

Like the other guy above said, its the closest thing to an A/C Cobra you're gonna get.

Its an AbsoEFFIN'Lutely NO BS, POser HAtin', Shallow-end-o-tha-genepool killin', last of its kind, PURE American Brute-Force Muscle Car.
:headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang