Why didn't my dealer sign up? Follow up to returned deposit.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes they were at the meeting. They were told that their allocation for 2013 was zero cars. Sure they have not sold many. Also they were told probably none likely to be allocated to them the following year either. POSSIBLY the year after that. Its not a business proposition I would have taken either. Bruce

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, 25k extra to be a dealership that can sell the car, not to mention special training required and you can't have a car for at least 2 years.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I understand, part of the selection criteria for getting a SRT dealership is based on previous SRT purchases/sales.

If your dealership never showed an interest in selling Vipers before, it is hard to award them a dealership now, just because everybody wants the new Viper.

There are not going to be enough Vipers produced to supply every dealership that wants the hot items.

One of the problems in the past is that buyers did not support their local dealers. They shopped all over the internet for the best price, and are now surprised that their local dealer is not interested in stocking the cars.

Lots of Canadian buyers went to the USA to buy their cars, but now act surprised to see that their local dealers have no allocations.

Believe SRT wants to support comitted dealerships who will stock parts, train their technicians, keep a Viper in the show room, and sell the cars at prices that will generate volume.

Think the guys in the past that just ordered one Viper to attract customers for other cars, while having a huge additional dealer markup on the windshield will be out of luck.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul I think you missed the point on Canadian buyers. Who the hell would pay an extra $30K cnd to buy from the local Canada dealer in Canada when the exact same car was had in the USA for the $30K usd less even after exchange. That problem is now remedied in the new GEN V Canada pricing. That is a bigger problem than just local dealers as the Canadian's were getting screwed by Canadian Auto Group and Importation. Not sure I understand even slightly what you are driving at with your statement on that.

On the USA side, sorry but if the local dealer would price at MRSP and service/support properly then there is no issue to be had. They did not and well who blames people for buying non-local in a situation like that. If local dealer provides the car at the price as everyone else then great buy local. If not, let them go out of business and off with them. Sure not going to support local when they are just grossly over charging wiht a **** sticker and then provide poor service.

I predict major gouging on the new car locally so purchasing from the big four will be plentiful. Denver has three proposed now (Go Dodge Southwest, Centential Dodge and Christopher's Dodge) that have ponied up cash and submitted their proposals to SRT. Remains to be seen if they get any cars this year.

I sure hope there is more to the review process for SRT dealerships now than just what cars they bought. Plenty of dealerships that sold a dozen or more cars a year that are not worth the powder to blow them to hell. If not more to the review process, then it is just about money, plain and simple. Sure seems that it is.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canadian buyers always were getting doubly screwed since Chrysler voids warranties for cars imported from the U.S. to Canada. It's either pay through the nose from a Canadian dealer or roll the dice and lose your warranty by bringing in a car from the south. Not all manufacturers play the warranty card but most of the auto manufacturers were milking Canadians on the exchange differential.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canadian buyers always were getting doubly screwed since Chrysler voids warranties for cars imported from the U.S. to Canada. It's either pay through the nose from a Canadian dealer or roll the dice and lose your warranty by bringing in a car from the south. Not all manufacturers play the warranty card but most of the auto manufacturers were milking Canadians on the exchange differential.

I believe same applies everywhere outside the U.S! SADLY!

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of Canadian buyers went to the USA to buy their cars, but now act surprised to see that their local dealers have no allocations.

[/QUOTE] I have bought 4 Vipers, All gens 3 Canadian cars and one US model. All three I paid $25000 to $30000 more than you guys pay in the USA. Did not matter because I wanted each car at the time and did not want the hassle to go to the US. Then came along the First Edition Coupe, I wanted a B/W in 96 but could not afford it at the time so I had to settle for the 06 Gen 3. Went to my local dealer that I buy everything at Including a fleet of Dodge Rams and asked him to get me one in ( Factory Order). He was flat out told that NO BLUE/WHITES GO TO CANADA. I thought thanks alot CHRYSLER CANADA. So I went across the border and bought my 06 coupe. I am glad that Ralph is recognizing us North of the Border and hopefully we will get some Cars without having to dish out a arm and a leg more than our friends from the south.