Why use Jon B. @ partsrack?

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found out today!!! First class service is why! I needed a couple things for the SRT
I just bought and he has delivered in a BIG way;)
Thanks Jon:2tu:

Matt

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got it all wrong, Matt. The correct Jon B. post is suppose to start by a newbie complaining that they called at lunchtime to order a stock valve stem cap and Jon told them to jump off the Empire State Building. 100 different Viper owners then come to Jon's defense and sing his praises. A post about Jon B. is suppose to start off negative and then go positive, they can't start off positive.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A post about Jon B. is suppose to start off negative and then go positive, they can't start off positive.

Why do they have negatives? I would think if I had a business that had any occurrences of such, that it would be of top priority to address that.

I think I'll call the Wizard. He'll know.

Brinnnnnnng, Brinnnnnnng, Brinnnnnnng

"Hello?"

"Wizard...? Dave in Texas. Whaddup?"

"Peaceful here Dave. Everyone is happy."

"I knew you would know Wiz. Thanks. Gotta long neck to go catch."

Ever after.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if you look at everyone's experiences with both Tator and Jon B., we all end up in the same place and same result...a happy Viper owner!

OP
OP
G

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got it all wrong, Matt. The correct Jon B. post is suppose to start by a newbie complaining that they called at lunchtime to order a stock valve stem cap and Jon told them to jump off the Empire State Building. 100 different Viper owners then come to Jon's defense and sing his praises. A post about Jon B. is suppose to start off negative and then go positive, they can't start off positive.

:rolaugh::D See ya saturday Chad:drive:

Chopper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've spoken to Jon as late as yesterday.OMG---That means it was a MON.How did I do that.I must have super human powers.A lot of people need to chill on the Monday thing.I've never had any negative issues with Jon.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After saving me hundreds/25% on my PS2s and being my HP Driving course instructor I even consider him a friend!

Turns out that he also has some driving qualifications that make him worthy of respect.

I called him on Mon, before the thread came out, and he informed me what position I had in the "holding pattern" of the phone list. Since it wasn't an emergency I just called back the next day. Simple.

That's another reason you should buy from JonB.

Ted

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I found out today!!! First class service is why! I needed a couple things for the SRT . I just bought and he has delivered in a BIG way;)
Thanks Jon:2tu:..Matt

Matt, glad we had the stuff you needed, and could ship today. Sometimes having a good vendor on EACH coast gives you 2 ACES ........... Thank You for the business, and the kind words.

I think if you look at everyone's experiences with both Tator and Jon B., we all end up in the same place and same result...a happy Viper owner!

Thanks! It is an honor to be compared to Chuck. Chuck is a colleage, a friend, and a CUSTOMER. And an asset to Viper Owners. Just yesterday we each referred the other a buyer: Mutual respect at its best.

(Unlike a bad case of keyboard diarrhea grandstanding for popcorn-eating self-entertainment.)666 has already hijacked this thread FOUR times ! So 666 still 'wins' this one, with FOUR bashes (so far!) even when people wanted to place a kind compliment. (4 MORE posts to pad his tally of sooo-helpful hints, 5100+ posts in his 12 short months here.....~15 per day.)

I sent this note to 666 a couple weeks ago...the last time he bashed me with more innuendo. [He did NOT reply mano-a-mano..... it seems he prefers an audience . [red added for explaination ] Here goes:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Mr. Dave6666
Subj: Fairness
6/19/2008

David :

We handled your RON DAVIS RADIATOR LEAK as fast and furiously as humanly possible. 100% RDR ISSUE, handled by PartsRack. [free replacement radiator UP FRONT, free replacement s/h 6/07]

We handled and investigated the MOPAR CARPET issue with many DOZENS of calls and mails, for NO SALE, just LOSS: We ate shipping, cancelled call tags, etc, for 100% MOPAR's MISTAKE. (They get WORSE as the months go on.) [MoPar sent ACR carpet 2/08 with a small seatbelt harness hole. MSRP + $200! No charge. All were mislabeled at MoPar!!]

When you then had a MagnaCor quality issue, 100% Magnacor issue, we sent you FREE snake sox, and FREE SOB Wires, no shipping charges. 100% losses here, paid to back up our sale. [We gave him 3 FREE wire choices 5/08 and FREE wires/shipping + sox ]

We bend over backwards to support customers, not manufacturers. YOU of ALL people have seen this.

Your posts are not being FAIR with PartsRack. When someone posts a compliment, even THEN you feel the need to take cheap-shot punches at a guy who did all he could to help with MANUFACTURER ISSUES on your behalf.

I dont get it....... JonB
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, NOW YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY. The Truth. No hidden IM allegations and innuendo, just facts.

Monday Madness: Yes, most callers DO break on weekends and call urgently on Mondays.
I especially thank those who see my HURRY UP MONDAYS as trying to help, nott be rude.
I thank those of you who UNDERSTAND how this small business works.
I thank those of you who DO jump in on the side of fairness: Ken, Ted, Chad, Chopper, et al.

A few people can NEVER be satisfied. EVER! And Im not PERFECT, so Im bound to make a person angry now and then.......But I thank GOD that we live in the USA where we can refuse service to ANYONE who demands ass-kissing prima-donna unreasonableness as a condition for earning their business.

Last edited by a moderator:

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A+ service from JonB. Got me started on lots of mods to my SRT and he spent many hours of his time to school me as a new Viper owner...and even on a Monday! I'll continue to shop at PartsRack!

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't complain about Jon. He posted in my "Just bought a Viper" thread requesting my address, sends me a large package of viper goodies out of no where. I emailed him at a later date to purchase a few items, he writes me back saying they are on the way, didn't even get a chance to pay he was so fast. Very trusting guy considering the only thing he knew about me was I'm military. He just enclosed the bill and stated pay when you can. In the end he has my business and continues to deliver best pricing to me out of anywhere. No business is perfect, there are good and bad times, but overall I am happy and have my list of purchases lined up from parts rack, just got to do a little fund raising..

FC2 Rodriguez
USN

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt, glad we had the stuff you needed, and could ship today. Sometimes having a good vendor on EACH coast gives you 2 ACES ........... Thank You for the business, and the kind words.

Thanks! It is an honor to be compared to Chuck. Chuck is a colleage, a friend, and a CUSTOMER. And an asset to Viper Owners. Just yesterday we each referred the other a buyer: Mutual respect at its best.

(Unlike a bad case of keyboard diarrhea grandstanding for popcorn-eating self-entertainment.)666 has already hijacked this thread FOUR times ! So 666 still 'wins' this one, with FOUR bashes (so far!) even when people wanted to place a kind compliment. (4 MORE posts to pad his tally of sooo-helpful hints, 5100+ posts in his 12 short months here.....~15 per day.)

I sent this note to 666 a couple weeks ago...the last time he bashed me with more innuendo. [He did NOT reply mano-a-mano..... it seems he prefers an audience . [red added for explaination ] Here goes:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To:
Subj: Fairness
6/19/2008

David :

We handled your RON DAVIS RADIATOR LEAK as fast and furiously as humanly possible. 100% RDR ISSUE, handled by PartsRack. [free replacement radiator UP FRONT, free replacement s/h 6/07]

We handled and investigated the MOPAR CARPET issue with many DOZENS of calls and mails, for NO SALE, just LOSS: We ate shipping, cancelled call tags, etc, for 100% MOPAR's MISTAKE. (They get WORSE as the months go on.) [MoPar sent ACR carpet 2/08 with a small seatbelt harness hole. MSRP + $200! No charge. All were mislabeled at MoPar!!]

When you then had a MagnaCor quality issue, 100% Magnacor issue, we sent you FREE snake sox, and FREE SOB Wires, no shipping charges. 100% losses here, paid to back up our sale. [We gave him 3 FREE wire choices 5/08 and FREE wires/shipping + sox ]

We bend over backwards to support customers, not manufacturers. YOU of ALL people have seen this.

Your posts are not being FAIR with PartsRack. When someone posts a compliment, even THEN you feel the need to take cheap-shot punches at a guy who did all he could to help with MANUFACTURER ISSUES on your behalf.

I dont get it....... JonB
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, NOW YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY. The Truth. No hidden IM allegations and innuendo, just facts.

Monday Madness: Yes, most callers DO break on weekends and call urgently on Mondays.
I especially thank those who see my HURRY UP MONDAYS as trying to help, nott be rude.
I thank those of you who UNDERSTAND how this small business works.
I thank those of you who DO jump in on the side of fairness: Ken, Ted, Chad, Chopper, et al.

A few people can NEVER be satisfied. EVER! And Im not PERFECT, so Im bound to make a person angry now and then.......But I thank GOD that we live in the USA where we can refuse service to ANYONE who demands ass-kissing prima-donna unreasonableness as a condition for earning their business.

STAFF EDIT: Knock if off Dave. I removed your info from Jon's post based on your request. but your post was a personal attack, which is against site policy. Be done in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be nice Dave, although it is hard sometimes. Me bashing Jon about past terrible buying experiences from him is over. It doesn't do any good. I just buy elsewhere and actually get better prices and keep my mouth shut. I sure do like reading threads like this, gives me a warm fuzzy!!

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The past 2 years I have order quite a lot of mods from JonB for my coupe - Never had one problem. He has been very helpful.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say if you ever need parts or have any questions, JonB is there to help. He and Chuck Tator are top notch sponsors and am sure glad they are part of the Viper community. I love hearing about these good experiences as I know exactly where to go when I have a question or need a part and not have to worry about anything. JonB, thanks a ton for the package of goodies you sent. All of my buddies says thanks as they love the knives and the miniature Vipers. You rock :2tu:

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I took a tour of CAAP in June, I was talking to one of the guys on the line about the 08 hood. I told him that I was thinking about putting one on my 04. He said he had the name of a guy he wanted to give me, when I said that I had looked it at it on PartsRack he said that Jon is the guy he was about to suggest! So when the people who put these beasts together even think you're good, then I better listen.

However, I did read about "Viper goodies" being sent to a new owner...well, I bought my 04 in May and I'm still waiting! J/K! Keep up the good work!

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dave..you need to chill! I just got OUTSTANDING/OUT OF HIS WAY/last minute/come in 2 hours early PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT with Jon B. this morning.I will post more later in my own thread.

Thanks to Jon I can get my car from the US that I just bought.

Oh by the way he is honest and straight forward. I would rather take a bit of a grump Monday morning busy mans help, than a smiling friendly rip you off/stab you in the back mans "help" any day.

ps-Mondays for Jon is a balancing act.He has all the racers and TT guys call him needing new parts that they broke on Sunday.He has all his regulars.He has new customers.He has stupid customers that dont know what they want eat up his valuable time and he has sensitive sissies that want to be treated like a woman and kissed on the Ass.

He tries his best and saves YOU/US money with parts we do not need! He is not looking to rip anyone off! Just do a search and see how many times members have been helped by Jon and TALKED out of new parts,etc...

Remember Jon is Pacific Time Zone.He gets all the different time zones calling him first thing in the morning.They wait for their clocks to hit Jon's opening time.He gets flooded.He gets his shipments Monday too.Give the guy a break!

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB,
Great post. You ARE the man. I've purchased from you several times and had nothing but A++++ experiences! You are an asset to the Vipering community!

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have decided this would be a good time to chime in here. I usually do not post much on the boards about parts Vendors, because we sell most everything related to the Viper. The Viper market is small and we would like to provide as many parts as possible to everyone. It's good for our business.

At DC Performance we are more about building cars and providing quality work. Jon B has been a great vendor for over 12 years. He has alway been there for us. When it comes to getting parts that we cannot find or do not have on the shelf, he always gets us what we need. We do the same for him. Jon is commited to keep the Viper alive with parts support and we appreciate this. There are many other Vendors we really appreciate and I will follow-up on that in another thread.

I think what is important here is that the Viper community stays committed to those Vendors, installers and service shops that are dedicated to the Viper owners. We want to keep your cars on the road. Please remenber the installers like us, we can sell you the parts from Jon at the same price or simply install them if shipped to us.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I guess I'll add my surprising JonB experience.

While JonB was giving me Hi-perf driving instruction at PIR I suddenly realized that I was low on gas! Couldn't find my damn wallet! JonB handed me a $50 and asked it it was enough. He offered, I didn't ask. He knew that I lived nearly 1,000mi. away and couldn't find my wallet. That's only the second time I've been offered cash, with no equity from a stranger.

Later I did find my wallet and paid Jon most of the money he lent me. He said he'd add the other $10 when I ordered something from him, eventually. The next week I ordered Reds to replace the new Green brake pads on my car and Jon gave me a $25 discount because I'd taken the HP Driving Instruction! That means that he discounted another $15. from my bill!

Can't get much better than that.

Ted

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have decided this would be a good time to chime in here. I usually do not post much on the boards about parts Vendors, because we sell most everything related to the Viper. The Viper market is small and we would like to provide as many parts as possible to everyone. It's good for our business.

At DC Performance we are more about building cars and providing quality work. Jon B has been a great vendor for over 12 years. He has alway been there for us. When it comes to getting parts that we cannot find or do not have on the shelf, he always gets us what we need. We do the same for him. Jon is commited to keep the Viper alive with parts support and we appreciate this. There are many other Vendors we really appreciate and I will follow-up on that in another thread.

I think what is important here is that the Viper community stays committed to those Vendors, installers and service shops that are dedicated to the Viper owners. We want to keep your cars on the road. Please remenber the installers like us, we can sell you the parts from Jon at the same price or simply install them if shipped to us.

Jon also could have sold me my Paxton and made a little money, but recommended I buy from Dan Cragin for his excellent support...and that's exactly what Dan has been providing me - the best service I could've asked for! :2tu:

So it's obvious to me, Jon is about taking care of his customers, even if he doesn't sell us the parts. Thanks JonB!