Why won't SRT tell us the status of the vert?

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are we debating on this topic?

A lot of use have been buying vipers since the 90s. I bought my gen2 from a dealer at about $7k discount. When the gen3 came out Dodge sent me an owners coupon for the launch that got me an early car with priority delivery and at invoice, that was before the cars were even available. vipers have always been discounted. Are there dealers who markup? Sure, there are ones marking up gen5, I've seen mustangs with $50k ADMs, do people pay them? Some, dumb ones, yes, but I don't get the debate. Vipers have always been had at a discount, even prerior to a launch and ADMs have always been out there for the not so well informed buyer.
we
Meanwhile, where's the friggin vert? LoL
Eary GEN 1 and Gen 2 were OFTEN sold over sticker In the auto world a discount on AN ESTABLISHED MODEL is one thing sell a model that has been out a few months INTO THE HOLDBACK (OR LESS) is an entirely different ballgame .Go to AUTOTRADER or EBAY and view the adds OF NEW GTS (130k sticker) at 100k .At that price the dealer is losing money to get the car off floorplan

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eary GEN 1 and Gen 2 were OFTEN sold over sticker In the auto world a discount on AN ESTABLISHED MODEL is one thing sell a model that has been out a few months INTO THE HOLDBACK (OR LESS) is an entirely different ballgame .Go to AUTOTRADER or EBAY and view the adds OF NEW GTS (130k sticker) at 100k .At that price the dealer is losing money to get the car off floorplan

Read my post, I did buy a gen2, I bought a gen3 before they were made. So yea, I do know, you're memory is skewed by emotion or a need to bash or something, I dunno. Like I say, I'm sure there were guys who over paid on gen2/3's and made a bad deal on the purchase, maybe that's what you remember and you're justifying why you over paid, again, I dunno. I know I've been buying as long ago as when Hennessy was thought of as a good tuner, and like I posted I always got big discounts, even before the launch. I don't think your memory is one thing and history is another.

What this has to do with me seeking vert info and a discussion on same, I have no idea. Perhaps we could start a thread on the above debate, and leave this one to the vert topic, but then why should this thread be on topic, none ever are.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read my post, I did buy a gen2, I bought a gen3 before they were made. So yea, I do know, you're memory is skewed by emotion or a need to bash or something, I dunno. Like I say, I'm sure there were guys who over paid on gen2/3's and made a bad deal on the purchase, maybe that's what you remember and you're justifying why you over paid, again, I dunno. I know I've been buying as long ago as when Hennessy was thought of as a good tuner, and like I posted I always got big discounts, even before the launch. I don't think your memory is one thing and history is another.

What this has to do with me seeking vert info and a discussion on same, I have no idea. Perhaps we could start a thread on the above debate, and leave this one to the vert topic, but then why should this thread be on topic, none ever are.

You are correct, the hate runs deep for Mr "BAD". Why can't the present owners, the past owners and the true viper enthusiasts live in harmony. You do not see the G4/G5 owners continually trashing the past generations. All the past generations had some huge warts, however, we still loved the cars and there was never the inter-gen bashing that now exists.

The moderators have to step up and when a post runs in a opposite direction from the original it should be deleted. You don't have to look at Mr "BAD's" posts, you automatically know the root of 90% of his posts are aomed at trashing the G5, that gets old. Open forums are fine, but, the same **** all the time is a problem for those interested in the original post. .

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing I get out of 1BADGTS's posts is that he thinks the Gen V was priced too high. I do not think that it was for its intended target market which we were told included the owners of other historically far more expensive high performance vehicles.

To me, that market was not initially penetrated as anticipated due to some initial marketing miscues that we have discussed an beaten to death on this forum. The car was not, and is not, the problem.

The creation and launch of the TA has started to significantly turn that around and it would be helpful if all of us kept a positive attitude toward SRT and the Gen V and stopped indulging in what, in essence, is adverse and negative speculation that does nothing but create doubt and possibly dampen potential sales.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those that do not like the pricing always point to a $130,000 GTS, currently you can get multiple currently advertised SRT's in the mid 90's. That is right in line with the G4. I am not trying to dis the G4, however, if you were to take a survey, how many would pick a G4 over the SRT G5? Again, this is not a dis, every subsequent model should be a better car. If the G5 did not come out when it did, I was getting ready to buy a G4.

My post relating to mr Bad, was not a dis either, way too many of these threads are misdirected away from the the original post, this (my) post is sort of doing the same thing. I just get tired of the same repetive negative dribble, therefore, the reason for this/last post. As I said before, what about being civil, that applies to all of us. If you have a new topic, start a new thread and go at it and leave the inplace posts on-topic.

The only thing I get out of 1BADGTS's posts is that he thinks the Gen V was priced too high. I do not think that it was for its intended target market which we were told included the owners of other historically far more expensive high performance vehicles.

To me, that market was not initially penetrated as anticipated due to some initial marketing miscues that we have discussed an beaten to death on this forum. The car was not, and is not, the problem.

The creation and launch of the TA has started to significantly turn that around and it would be helpful if all of us kept a positive attitude toward SRT and the Gen V and stopped indulging in what, in essence, is adverse and negative speculation that does nothing but create doubt and possibly dampen potential sales.

Last edited:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rent is too damm high!….in Beverly Hills.

Arrogant Bastard Ale's advertising slogan. "Our beer is not too expensive, You are too cheap."

Believe the Nissan ring car is priced around $150,000. That is a 6 cyl car with nannies out the bumpers.

Lots of statistics to make the car look like a bargain, or too expensive.

I know that I feel like a $Million when I drive mine.

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man, I really hope they do a targa version. This is the sexiest thing I have ever seen!!! Kudos to the person who created this prototype:

You must be registered for see images attach

jdg1428

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My personal opinion is you will see an ACR before a convertible. It will cost Fiat/SRT team to much to build the convertible and they are having a problem selling the car now. Also, there is no return on investment in the program and if Sergio dont see it making FCA(FiatChryslerAuto) money he wont give the go ahead. JMO.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They having problems because many complains and complain...ask them if they drove one answer is no.

All they good at hey you Gen V owners you losing money..lol

Yet they tell us they are ******** vipers fans.

Bs I drove Gen 1 and still own my Gen2 and Gen 4 vipers the Gen V is by far the best viper technology wise quality wise and power wise.

But i still love to drive my others vipers.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My personal opinion is you will see an ACR before a convertible. It will cost Fiat/SRT team to much to build the convertible and they are having a problem selling the car now. Also, there is no return on investment in the program and if Sergio dont see it making FCA(FiatChryslerAuto) money he wont give the go ahead. JMO.
Curious why you believe this? Do you feel an ACR is less expensive to create? Do you think an ACR has broader appeal?

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious why you believe this? Do you feel an ACR is less expensive to create? Do you think an ACR has broader appeal?
Agree, the ACR will require quite a bit of redesign - maybe even a new engine cert while SRT could get away with just building whatever is necessary to make it a drop top for a vert.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, the ACR will require quite a bit of redesign - maybe even a new engine cert while SRT could get away with just building whatever is necessary to make it a drop top for a vert.
And remember, The Gen 3/IV was designed as a vert primarily, and the Gen V chassis is a stiffened Gen IV chassis so the rigidity is already there for a Vert.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950