Window help needed

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My passenger side window stopped going up/down. Took the door panel off and saw that the window was off the track, as well as the cables that move the window up/down were not on the pulleys. I have been trying to the cables back in place but come up about 1/4" short of getting it done.

Is there a trick to doing this? For something that is so tight...I am not sure how it jumped off to begin with? the alternative is $600+ for a new assembly...and since the motor works fine that would be a waste to have to do that.

OVERBOOST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My passenger side window stopped going up/down. Took the door panel off and saw that the window was off the track, as well as the cables that move the window up/down were not on the pulleys. I have been trying to the cables back in place but come up about 1/4" short of getting it done.

Is there a trick to doing this? For something that is so tight...I am not sure how it jumped off to begin with? the alternative is $600+ for a new assembly...and since the motor works fine that would be a waste to have to do that.

At the end of the cable where they go into the motor there is white part with a spring on it. Take a dremel tool and trim the end off both of the white parts. Do a little at a time tell you can barely get it to go back in the motor end. Do all this with the wire on the pulleys and the clip in place.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi