Wondering what everyone's opinion would be on this

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a new headlight within 6 months ago. Had it installed by my tech and everything correctly. The headlight has never been opened or anything. It was installed straight out the Mopar box. Last night I park the car in the garage and notice that the lens for the turn signal broke and its just sitting inside the headlight. I email the company I purchased from to see what they can or what they will do about it. Now I received an email saying pretty much they won't do anything and told me to go find someone who has done halo rings installed to see what they can do for me. How would you react? I'm more than annoyed by the response I revceived from said company. I'm sitting here thinking if I'm overreacting by being annoyed.

When new headlight came in
You must be registered for see images attach

My headlight now

The reply

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assuming you didn't get into an accident, I don't think breakage is the issue here....looks like "defect". What is the MOPAR warranty on defects and manufacturer issues? This is obviously not a "for racing use only" part so I would think it would be no different than buying it at the dealer.

Did you buy it directly from Mopar or a Mopar dealer?

Am I missing something here?

George

OP
OP
J

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No accident involved. it was fine the morning of and when I made it home and parked it in the garage I noticed something funny about the headlight. Yes I bought it from a direct Mopar dealer.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you bought it direct from the dealer(mopar) this should be covered for 1 year i would think, keep on thier tails

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did you buy that from?

My Crossfire SRT-6 fog light cover fell off, similar to this. Pretty common with those actually. Never seen this with a Viper though.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't call that "breakage" if there was no impact.
I would call MOPAR directly and tell them that VPA reported the situation incorrectly to them. Although, the relationship between MOPAR/Chrysler/SRT isn't all that great right now, which could help or could hurt.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um... Viper Parts of America.

What!! Tell them that the unit is defective....that should be covered under warranty. I'm sure we can make this thread 10 or 12 pages long if we have to. Again, assuming you didn't f-up the piece they should exchange or give you your money back.

Let us know if we can help....There are a couple other forums that would be interested in this lack of quality service available from the VPA and love to run with it.

Good luck,
George

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is probably your problem. Yes it was new, but is VPA a official MOPAR dealer? If not, then they technically don't have to warranty a MOPAR part sold through a third party.

I believe they are a licensed Mopar dealer. Should be no problem for either the VPA or Mopar to exchange this headlight assembly.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe they are a licensed Mopar dealer. Should be no problem for either the VPA or Mopar to exchange this headlight assembly.

Welcome to Viper Parts of America

An Authorized Mopar Dealer, we are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Viper Club of America created to provide authentic Mopar parts directly from the manufacturer, with all proceeds going back to the club. We can provide virtually any OEM Viper part, brand new and directly from Mopar. These are not "clone" or nonconforming parts rejected by Mopar (which some non-Mopar dealers sell for pennies on the dollar), but the absolute real deal with guaranteed Mopar quality and warranties. Don't see what you are looking for on the site? Drop us an email and we will get it listed for you!

We also feature excess inventory from the Viper assembly plant (CAAP), mainly 2003-2010 SRT10 parts such as painted body panels, wheels, tires, hoses, brake rotors, and just about any fastener you can imagine. Viper owners ourselves, we are dedicated to the Viper community. We offer competitive prices with special discounts on select items for current Viper Club of America members - and even more for those that chose the VCA Venom option. If you own a Viper and don't already belong to the club, be sure to check it out at www.viperclub.org. Dodge dealer, insurance company, independent garage, or vendor? Contact us directly for commercial pricing.

We continue to add quality Mopar inventory on a regular basis so be sure to keep checking back. And don't forget that all profits go to help fund the VCA and its various efforts to promote Mopar, SRT, and the Viper community as a whole. Welcome to Viper Parts of America!

According to their website they are.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same issue. I had some moisture in my light so I removed the bulb and blew some air into the light. Well f**** the turn signal cover fell off. It is IMPOSSIBLE to reattach it without heating the assemble and removing the clear cover. The cover has three tabs and you can't grab onto it to pull it back into place. I did manage to get mine back in place and epoxied it by putting some epoxy (Lord Fusor) on the end of my finger and putting it on one of the three tabs. That's holding it in place.

Good luck.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assuming you didn't get into an accident, I don't think breakage is the issue here....looks like "defect". What is the MOPAR warranty on defects and manufacturer issues? This is obviously not a "for racing use only" part so I would think it would be no different than buying it at the dealer.

Did you buy it directly from Mopar or a Mopar dealer?

Am I missing something here?

George

Agreed 100%, that is a defective part.