WOOOHOOO!!!! Got it!

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, my Red 1998 GTS was delivered this afternoon. I purchased the car from Roanoke Motorsports in Roanoke, Illinois. :2tu:

I live in Northern Virginia but decided to fly up and take a look at a 98 GTS they had with 5300 miles. I flew up and back all in the same day, what a trip! I purchased the car after looking it over and taking it for a spin. The car is Flawless. Roanoke Motorsports and Dennis Rocke were GREAT. I also got to meet John Gatsman whom many of you here have delt with. Yesterday was a great day but today was even better cause there delivery driver Swede and his wife drove overnight to deliver my viper to my house today at 3pm(along with a toy to another fellow VCA member). Tomorrow I head to the DMV to get some temp plates for it and register the car. Can't wait to get it on the road.

For the Northern VA Area members: Do you recommend any place I should take the car to get the emissions and state safety inspections done? I was just thinking about going to a local service station. I will probably go do it tomorrow.

Also, today while I was playing with the car in my driveway the car locked itself and I could not get it to unlock. I may have accidentally pushed the lock button while the remote was in my pocket but the car would not unlock. I turned the car on and off, hit the lock and unlock buttons on the remote several times. Finally after a few minutes I hit the little lock switch located on the inside part of the drivers side door and the car unlocked itself. Good thing I had the windows down and was already in the car. Ever hear of this happening?

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
You must be registered for see images

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
might need to reset the remote (hit both buttons same time for 10sec)
seeing that it is a 98 new remote batteries maybe in order.
Congrats!
let the mods begin.
best wishes
Jim

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep... those are original 17". The profile of the rear tire looks lower than stock. It may just be the angle of the picture.

That is a NICE looking car. My favorite year :)

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: WOOOHOOO!!!! Got it!

Welcome CROM Beautiful Car. I live in Leesburg and have my GTS serviced by Dulles Dodge on Rt 50. It's a newer facility that will do inspection and emissions test. It's a good place to get your oil changed...buy the oil elsewhere they supply the filter.

KingSnake97

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome!!! Take your time get use to the car and then all hell breaks loose you start buy goodies and going broke. As you will soon see the car is not as costly as the toys you will put on it or on it. :eek: :cool:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats and welcome! :2tu:

I know John and Dennis treated you great, they do that for everyone!

def_jukie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Adam :cool:

Here are some more pics of Adam's GTS that we took on Sunday. I just couldn't let him post up that one generic dealer photo.

Rest of the pics are here, as well as access to the full size versions (~1400x1000)

Congrats on the purchase buddy, lets just hope it can make it up my driveway :laugh:
Brian
-the M3 owner and person who actually got locked in the car :ooo:

Baddasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score

CROM, I go to Jerry's Dodge in Springfield. The Viper Tech is really cool and knows what he is doing. His name is Jeff Sherwin. Where in NoVa are you located?

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Aaah, those interminable Viper door operating problems. I had forgotten about those since I sold my Bricklin a while back. Maybe I'll hang on to my Porsche just as a theraputic reminder of high quality parts engineering.

Peter-RedGTS'98

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh, no.... that is my car. Just kidding.
I also have GTS'98. Yes, I had a similar problem with the remote. After a reseat everything was OK.

Where are you located in NoVA. I am in Fairfax. And, don't forget the front plate to avoid your first Viper ticket.

OP
OP
C

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Front plate isn't going on it. I really don't want to drill holes into the front for a plate. I have quite a few friends with no front plate on their high end cars and the police never give them any problems. I've driven by about 5 officers so far and none have given me a second look. Those times I had no County or Inspection stickers on the car either :)

I live near Chantilly, VA. A bit west of that area, but not too far. I am far enough out that the roads/area are more country and much more fun to drive/cruise on. I would love to meet up sometime.

I took my car to Brown's Dulles Dodge today to get the Safety and Emissions inspections done. They were quick and didn't cause me any alarm. I was able to watch them the whole time too.

Thanks for all the input and comments, I appreciate it!

Real Hummer

Viper Owner
Reaction score

check the vendors on this site I thought I saw a front plate hanger that has suction cups. I just picked up my first viper last week(2001 rt/10)and it is great. I live in NJ and have to mount a front plate also.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks like an incredibly clean car...enjoy.