Would Like To Convert 2008 Coupe To ACR

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a cursory search, so may have missed this previously. However, I am curious as to how to secure parts (a list?) and the prices for converting my 2008 coupe to the equivalent of a 2008+ ACR...Help anyone?
:)

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This won't help at all...

I think you'd be better off trading up as the expense of the parts/labor to do the job would exceed the value received.

You may be able to find what you need here:

MODERATOR EDIT. NO LINKS UNLESS THOSE OF A SITE SUPPORTER PLEASE.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I did a cursory search, so may have missed this previously. However, I am curious as to how to secure parts (a list?) and the prices for converting my 2008 coupe to the equivalent of a 2008+ ACR...Help anyone?
:)

Suspension
Brakes
Aero
Wheels/Cups?
Badging

the full list HAS been posted over a year ago, and it totalled about $25k. As said, trade / buy new?

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with all the above....trade for a real one. You will be happy you did when it comes time to sell the ACR. Mods to the 08 will not return much money when you sell. Good luck!

Bill

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever you do don't buy any parts from XVipers, JonB prob has most everything and can help you out but it's gonna cost $$$

OP
OP
T

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help! :2tu: I knew there was expense, but the results would be nice (don't need badging, not trying to actually make an ACR, just want the aero and other performance goodies).

Trading up to a new one would be mind-boggling. Might as well just buy the ACR outright! ;)

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Prices have fallen some, so you may want to shop around. As stated above, Redtanrt10 did a very nice job on his transformation from 08 coupe to 08 ACR, mostly with factory parts (he did use Motons - which I consider better than the KWs).....and it did not cost him $25K.

Dan

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i converted my '06 coupe to an acr. the acr aero (factory parts) was approx $14k from mark jorgensen. the price dropped after i bought mine, $11-12K i think was the new pricing.

one thing most are overlooking is you can take the acr aero off if you choose when you sell the car, its relatively easy, I've had mine off several times for mile events.

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call JonB.........

I just helped a friend install an ACR wing on his '06 coupe which he got from JonB.
It was relatively easy to do, just took some nerves to drill through the decklid.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one thing most are overlooking is you can take the acr aero off if you choose when you sell the car, its relatively easy, I've had mine off several times for mile events.

Vegas, good point

I did mine for under $15K (aero, suspension, stop tech's, wheels, etc) and as ViperX said, upgraded to moton's.

I missed a chance to by the aero from JonB, with his aero I would have been under $12K.

I had the suspension, brakes, wheels etc on my '06, then to my 08, the aero was the last addition, and the aero really works. If you track or have a unique color this is a good option vs. trading and buying up.

If your worried about resale, buy a honda.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte