WTB: GTS Gen2 Diamondback Hood & Aeroform Le Mans, Bumper.....

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RedEnuf93, are the added lights above the grill opening high beams, low beams, switched, fogs...? There is a silly federal law about only having 4 forward facing white bulbs (probably meaning only maximum 4 shining light at any one time) but some inspection stations nail the 4x4 trucks with the roof lights if the light fixture isn't covered up.

They are 65W "driving lights". I dont think they are hig beams, since the lights do not seem to ********* dark road too far... I have them connected to a switch, so I can either have them on or off, in conjunction with highs or lows. Illegal?? Most likely.
PA inspection has never given me any problems.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to find a fascia like the original GTSR. Same idea as the one on RedEnuf93s car except it had square light cut outs covered with plexi to maintain the stock smooth look of the front bumper. And what about the hood latches on the GTSR and CC?? Has anyone every made a body kit version that had these??

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So back on topic, does anyone (Michael Nouri, perhaps, since you have a new super-special one) have any idea how much the old diamond back weighs vs. the new one? The old one was heavier than the stocker. The new one... i'd love to hear about.

Thanks!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So back on topic, does anyone (Michael Nouri, perhaps, since you have a new super-special one) have any idea how much the old diamond back weighs vs. the new one? The old one was heavier than the stocker. The new one... i'd love to hear about.

Thanks!

I thought it weighs 40 pounds less than stock.

Posted by Ted earlier...

http://forums.viperclub.org/2654605-post2.html

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll note that he speculated on the weight. he said it might be his next purchase. These hoods are so well made that they have tons of material. Lighter is NOT what they are, however...:dunno:

Which means then that they are nothing more than an expensive fashion piece? Not that there's anything wrong with fashion.

Dave with heavy blingy big and fashionable wheels and brakes. :rolleyes:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I read that there was a weight savings of 40#, but it was a different hood.

The stock hood on a Gen 2 costs $18,000US or $28,000 Cdn. So having a $5-6,000 clamshell hood can't be called "expensive". I wrote off my 98 GTS because the hood was damaged along with the nose and headlights. That made it a write off. Then there was the bent frame, susp, broken wheel, rad, coolers etc etc.

Written off it sold at auction for $17,300 with the Roe sc.

Ted

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they are sold through us, we also make many parts here in carbon fiber, those are made by us, we don't resell those.
diamondback hood has evolved and is half the weight it used to be, so there has been changes.
the first carbon unit will be available soon!

Why doesn't someone just call Mike at XVipers and ask the weight question? :dunno: 1-866-XVipers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang