x-pipe question and help?

GENIIGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best X-pipe in my opinion is the 3" Magna flow that I added to my Mopar exhaust.Better idle sound.Oem system with rear muffler dropped sound's entirely different than Corsa with rear muffler dropped.I couldn't get rid of the ratty,tinny idle when I had my Corsa exhaust so I got ********** and threw it in the garbage where it belongs,I don't like getting ripped off.After experiencing a few different exhaust system's on my viper the Mopar with the Magna flow X-pipe sound's the best for me.

OP
OP
S

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After experiencing a few different exhaust system's on my viper the Mopar with the Magna flow X-pipe sound's the best for me.
Thats the same setup I'm thinking about, headers, Mopar/Borla exhaust and an x-pipe. I'm a big fan of Magnaflow's products for the Mustang and totally forgot that they offer add on x pipes for custom systems.

Is there anyway you could get a soundclip for me, b/c your setup is basically what I'm looking for and would love to hear it.

Thankyou.....that sounds like one mean setup so I'm sold lol ;)

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I understand, an x-pipe should be placed upstream of the tail pipe resonators. The turbulent back pressure from the resonators will force more mixing.

Further, there are a lot of theories out there where to place them for max HP gain.

It is not a simple matter.

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I understand, an x-pipe should be placed upstream of the tail pipe resonators. The turbulent back pressure from the resonators will force more mixing.

Further, there are a lot of theories out there where to place them for max HP gain.

It is not a simple matter.
You are correct to have any torque or H.P gains the closer to the collector the better.As far as the viper goes it is pretty much a simple matter,the only possible placement without clearence problems or modifications is downstream where H.P gains are minimal to none.Purely sound issue