Yellow VCA on EBAY

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
49 were initially sold, there was one left in the hotel for sale at Dallas, not sure if it went on to be sold over VOI, heard somebody had dropped out at the last minute.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Needless to say these were the rules from the program guidelines:

"No substitutions or transfers of this opportunity will be allowed. Do not attempt to sell this offer on E-Bay! If you do not comply with this request, you will forfeit future opportunities to participate in these types of programs."

and:

If you are unable to comply with all of these conditions, please don’t apply. We want to make sure that each application for a limited edition Viper SRT–10 is from a member who has the passion and the commitment to fulfill the program requirements."

I have already been told that we have plenty of enthusiastic participants that were not lucky enough to be picked that would jump at the chance of getting this vehicle, and I strongly urge this EBAY registrant (please read your e-mail, as one has already been sent to you) to delete his ad, and contact Viper Headquarters immediately to expedite this matter.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recall one of these cars having a for sale sign on it by Friday, inside the parking garage. What a shame.

And rumor has it that it belonged to a regional VCA president (not this one!) - the same one that left the president's meeting before the voting for National officers. Sometimes you really have to wonder... :rolleyes:

Driving mine 'til the wheels fall off!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT looks really good in yellow. Only thing I dont care for on the VCA Edition SRT is the VCA logo on the side. Other than that, the car is hot! :cool:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can the rules be changed for future coupons to require resale to Dodge or the VCA at a predetermined price (with of course deductions for poor condition, mileage, etc.) to prevent this BS?

I heard the excuses when it was the Viper SRT (even from VCA elite). Then again when it was the Ram SRT-10 (even a BS excuse about a friend of the family needng an operation - course that was PURE BS), and now this. Please make a rule eliminating these practices, as without a strong rule even the club management feel the economic pull.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like those two were looking to try and flip those cars for a profit. I would be very shocked if those guys are going to get a successful deal even if they are asking MSRP.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a VCA member has one of these & is willing to trade Viper for Viper i'd be interested. I'd be trading a Comp Coupe.....

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is interesting to watch these two cars on eBay and further proves that it is a venue best served for "liquidations". Here we see someone interested in trading a Comp Coupe for one, and I know one of the local guys was offered $110,000 for his when it arrived at the dealer from VOI (he turned it down).

On a more serious note, I hope that those that try to profit so blatantly from the good intentions of Dodge and the VCA are disqualified from future such promotions. That would be whether it involves raffles, VCA vehicles, or even the Coupe - if we have such an extraordinary "gift" from Dodge as we did for the first SRT-10's. Perhaps the VCA should get serious and enact Article II, Section 3 of the National Bylaws and terminate their VCA membership. Simply track those VIN's that are either advertised (eBay, AutoTrader, etc.) or sold within the first 30-60 days of delivery and revoke their membership. Joe listed the criteria which was very clearly established by the VCA for this car and at least two members knowingly violated it. Seems like a pretty cut-and-dried case for expulsion if there ever was one and would discourage others from attempting it. This would also demonstrate to Dodge that we are serious about this problem and neither encourage nor condone these actions. Then maybe the people that genuinely want to buy and keep these cars would actually have a chance.

I don't begrudge anyone a profit per se, but when many, many people begged for a chance to buy these yellow cars at legitimate prices and are now faced with "scalpers" soliciting immediate profit, it just isn't right.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have # 22 of 50 VCA Special Ed! I think the intent was to make you actually buy it, not sell the right to buy it. That is why you had to be @ VOI# 8 in Dallas to recieve the keys. Its no longer new, its been titled. I had offers to buy mine. Wasn't sure how much i liked it when i first saw it! It has grown on me, and i'll keep it. :D Its nice owning 1 of 50 of anything! Being its a Viper isn't bad either. I hope dodge does the same for VOI#9-- I'd like a shot @ another Special edition! :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: Only way i'll sell it now is if they guy who Wins the Candy Red raffle car wants to trade!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
eBay is more of an advertising device than anything else, especially on big ticket items. Many of these "unsold" cars are actually sold "off net" based on people that saw it on eBay. For what it would cost to advertise it elsewhere, eBay reaches literally millions of people every day. Let me ask you this: If you were spending $60+ for ANY car, wouldn't most want to spend $300 on a plane ticket to see it first? And then would you fly back home and start bidding on eBay? Nope, you would buy the car while you were there if you decided you really wanted it. So a guy contacts the seller, which is in this case is a dealer. He asks the reserve and the seller tells him, "$100,000." The guy (and usually more than one) wants more pictures or arranges to come out and see the car in person. The guy then buys the car at the dealership - never going back to the eBay auction to bid again. Result? The car is sold but on eBay it shows it never hit the reserve. And that's how eBay often works.

Did that happen with this auction? No idea. I know one local guy was offered $110K for his car when it arrived at the dealership - on which he passed. I would assume Fitzgeralds is proud of this one as well.

N CHARG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, if someone wants to offer me $110K for mine, tell him come to Big D and get it. Mine has had one oil change at 500 miles and I would give it up for that kind of profit.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, if someone wants to offer me $110K for mine, tell him come to Big D and get it. Mine has had one oil change at 500 miles and I would give it up for that kind of profit.

I was kinda surprised that he didn't do the same...

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is interesting to watch these two cars on eBay and further proves that it is a venue best served for "liquidations". Here we see someone interested in trading a Comp Coupe for one, and I know one of the local guys was offered $110,000 for his when it arrived at the dealer from VOI (he turned it down).

On a more serious note, I hope that those that try to profit so blatantly from the good intentions of Dodge and the VCA are disqualified from future such promotions. That would be whether it involves raffles, VCA vehicles, or even the Coupe - if we have such an extraordinary "gift" from Dodge as we did for the first SRT-10's. Perhaps the VCA should get serious and enact Article II, Section 3 of the National Bylaws and terminate their VCA membership. Simply track those VIN's that are either advertised (eBay, AutoTrader, etc.) or sold within the first 30-60 days of delivery and revoke their membership. Joe listed the criteria which was very clearly established by the VCA for this car and at least two members knowingly violated it. Seems like a pretty cut-and-dried case for expulsion if there ever was one and would discourage others from attempting it. This would also demonstrate to Dodge that we are serious about this problem and neither encourage nor condone these actions. Then maybe the people that genuinely want to buy and keep these cars would actually have a chance.

I don't begrudge anyone a profit per se, but when many, many people begged for a chance to buy these yellow cars at legitimate prices and are now faced with "scalpers" soliciting immediate profit, it just isn't right.

Revoke their VCA membership? You can't honestly think that would scare someone away from doing this do you? That's about as meaning ful as sending someone to dinner without dessert.

They got the car, it's their property let them do with it what they want. What is this? Russia?

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Revoke their VCA membership? You can't honestly think that would scare someone away from doing this do you? That's about as meaning ful as sending someone to dinner without dessert.

They got the car, it's their property let them do with it what they want. What is this? Russia?

Maybe the bottom line is this sort of behavior will make it harder to sell these type of programs to Dodge in the future. Programs intended to give members the chance to own something truely special.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't debate that it is their car to do with what they want (see other related post for my typically long-winded reply). Unlike the previous VCA vehicle "raffle", this one had numerous stipulations in place to try and encourage people to buy the car that genuinely wanted it. In a nutshell, it is like having a big "NO SCALPERS" sign at the ticket office and some guy is standing outside with, you guessed it, a bunch of tickets that they are scalping. That doesn't sit well with some folks.

As far as the VCA membership, everyone knows you have a very, very bitter taste for the VCA that will never go away. And personally, you are one of the very few people I can't blame for it (the 2003 Canadian SRT distribution). However the point has little to do with the perceived benefits of the VCA (VIPER Magazine, etc.), but for the potential profit loss to those same scalpers. Let's say that Dodge releases Austin's rendition of the Viper Coupe - in blue and white. Let's say that they open up the initial orders (certificates) to VCA members. Uh oh! Mr. Scalper is no longer a member and he can't buy (or profit) from this one. Hell, he might actually have to pay a scalper to get one! NOW we are talking about a serious thorn in his side. Nor can he play the VCA version of the lottery (raffle cars) EVER again. Oh, did I mention that the aforementioned clause boots them for life?
You must be registered for see images attach

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All that is fine and good, but it was a 1 out of 2 chance to win AND I STILL LOST! I ****!!!!!!!!!!!

Those cars are very nice and I'm still sad I didn't win one.

N CHARG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not have gotten in the drawing unless I truly wanted the car. Now with that said, I have 2 of the beasts now and that makes the garage look really cool, but if someone wants it worse than me... hey capitolism at it's best.

I do agree that the drawings in the future should exclude any one associated with a dealer. I know that a Dallas dealer got one and so did Woodhouse.

quickysrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe the person selling it is mad he was not chosen as a vca president again ..... so he wants to wash his hands of the whole viper community ...maybe this is his way of getting back at vca

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang