Zaino shelf life.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:dunno: I have a bottle of Z1 and a bottle of Z2 never opened that has been sitting on a shelf in my garage and are at least 4 years old. Is it still Ok to use, or will I be wasting my time?

Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usually Id say as long as it hasn't froze, it should be fine. But 4 years is a pretty long time. Im going to guess that it might be alright to use, but Id call Zaino, dont take my word for it.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From their site:

[SIZE=-1]Q: What is the usable shelf life of Zaino products?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]A: A 70° room temperature is best for the longevity of Zaino products. Due to the optical additives used, extreme heat or cold can result in a decrease in gloss-enhancing properties.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]When stored at average room temperature between 65° and 75° degrees, shelf life is as follows:[/SIZE]
Z-PC 3+ years
Z-AIO 3+ years
Z-CS 5+ years
Z-1 For optimum results, use before 3 years.
Z-2 For optimum results, use before 3 years.
Z-3 For optimum results, use before 3 years.
Z-5 For optimum results, use before 3 years.
Z-6 5+ years
Z-7 5+ years
Z-8 5+ years
Z-9 5+ years
Z-10 For optimum results, use before 2 years.
Z-12 For optimum results, use before 2 years.
Z-14 For optimum results, use before 2 years.
Z-16 3 to 5 years
Z-18 5 years +
ZFX For optimum results, keep tightly capped, avoiding moisture. Use before 24 months.

I have gotten away with close to 4 years with the polish and been fine. ZFX on the other hand is long gone before 24 months.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is probably fine but I would pick up some of the new and improved Z2 Pro and some ZFX instead. Zaino has really improved their product over the years. It is much easier to use now and dries faster and even has a better look.

Z1 is also a thing of the past and not even sold anymore. Now you can either mix in a few drops of ZFX in a little mixing bottle to your Z2p or Z5p or you can use their new Z-AIO (All in one) cleaner polish first which eliminates the need for ZFX.

Note: ZFX is still needed if applying more than 1 coat at a time within a 24 hour period.