Zero Oil Pressure probelm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgifford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I need a little advice from all you mechanically inclined people out there. I recently sold my C5 and purchaed a 2001 GTS(my attempt at making this a viper thread) but the person I sold my C5 to called today with Zero oil pressure problems. The symptoms did not consist of a lound bang or noise, but the pressure just dropped to zero during highway cruise. He mentioned that the oil look excptioally thick(cooked). He also said that he did not see elivated oil temps or pressure before the incident. He added oil and fired it back up to a loud clicking noise and shut it down immediately. Anyone got any ideas on this?? Cound it be broken ________? You fill in the blank. Thanks

Robert

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like you sold the C5 just in time.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
The symptoms did not consist of a lound bang or noise, but the pressure just dropped to zero during highway cruise
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like maybe the pick-up tube fell off?

He mentioned that the oil look excptioally thick(cooked)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How long did he drive it after it went to zero? Normally you can drive 1-2 miles with no oil before the engine ceases up. Cooked oil would indicate the engine got real toasty (from driving with no oil)

He added oil and fired it back up to a loud clicking noise and shut it down immediately
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The engine is toast, fried, gone, shisd kebob, well done, blackened, need I say more? It needs a complete rebuild, hope it's under warranty.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.