Zetsche says "Likely" on ME 412 production!

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zetsche says \"Likely\" on ME 412 production!

In a press release on July 29th, Dieter Zetsche said that "It's more likely than not" that Chrysler will build the ME 412 sports car. A final decision will come by the end of the year. Here is a link to the article in The Detroit News:

http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0407/29/b01-226132.htm

Actually, Chrysler will not build it -- they are in talks with "partners" who are interested in building it.

In an apparent thawing of tense relations they have let Wolfgang Bernhard take a turn with one of the latest ME 412 mules at the Chelsea test track. Rumors are that a mule has made 6 test runs of 0-to-60 UNDER THREE SECONDS!! Still no word on pricing . . .

Bring on the Ford GT baby!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: Zetsche says

Wolfgang has left the company. Too bad, the ME 4-12 was his brainchild.

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wolfy is still on DaimlerChrysler's Management Board, but you are right in that he is expected to leave soon. To bad, the ME 412 was his baby and he's a real car guy!!

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe the release on the ME 412 on July 29th was a nice jesture on the eve of Wolfy's leaving. Don't worry, he'll land on his feet (if he hasn't already). He's been kicking back at his home in the Detroit area and listening to offers from all sorts of directions. Maybe Lutz will lure him over to GM (shudder!!).

OP
OP
H

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He got forced out by taking a position against the DC Chairman on future investments in Mitsubishi.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

and/or by taking a hard line stance with MB regarding cost cutting and management restructuring which went against the MB "good ole boys network." The word is he received several counseling sessions from Deter about how to approach MB slowly, without ruffling feathers, while working toward his objectives rather than taking a forceful, hard line approach directly to his objectives. Apparently Wolfgang did not use the benefits of Deter's mentoring and stuck to the bull in a china shop approach. Too bad.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A worthy sibling to the viper. Now if they would just make the emblem in the front a little smaller.