0-60

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What should a mostly stock GEN II run 0-60, ON THE STREET, with stock Pilots?

I've been playing with my G-Tech device to get some baselines before doing anymore mods. Only mods are tubes/filters and RT cats/BB cat back. Tires are OEM Pilots which at this point are 4-5 years old.

I've made about a dozen runs on a lonely stretch of "track" paid for by my excessive tax dollars. Rural road, early in the a.m., dew on the ground and in the air, cool (high 50's/low 60's). Most of the runs have been 0-60 between 4.44 to 4.60 with a one time best of 4.23. Most 0-80 runs were 7.2x with a few in the 6.5 range and a best of 5.84.

Do these numbers sound about right given the conditions? Traction has been a major problem. Best launch seems to be to drop the clutch at about about 3k rpm's and roll the throttle on as the tires "try" to get traction. Any thoughts? Thanks.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should be able to do better. On the street with a Gen I I have been able to get 4.2 ish. Even even a 4.3 with a passenger one time. With the SRT I have been in the 3.9-4.1 range.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hot Rod magazine just did a test to gauge the accuracy of a Gtech. They had it in a car that did several runs at a drag strip. The Gtech was right on with the ET from the timing lights. I just installed a permenent G-Meter, anyone want a brand new GTech Pro?

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How a about 2/3's of the best mail order price you can find. I bought mine from Summit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang