02 Sensors all the same?

Zrxpilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going thru my exhaust I was forced/chosed to replace both the front 02 sensors. Drivers side had frayed wires and the passenger side looked to be living on borrowed time. Went to the local parts house and they had replacements in stock. Attachment plugs nearly identical, the coloring and quantity of wires matched up. Made from Bosch. Anyways, dimensionally they are quite a bit different from what I took out of there. Same thread size, same wiring pattern, similar buisiness end of it but the dummy end (the part you can see outside the piping) is radically different. The bosch items appear to be quite a bit more heavy duty. Should work? No radical engine mods of any kind beyond exhaust.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
probably will,but from exsperience with computer sensors,allways but oem from the dealer,will save sometimes from chaseing your tail..

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The business end is in the exhuast stream and the plug attaches to your harness. The rest of what you see is something suited to the manufacturer- they have the molds, machines, tools to make it that way cheapest for them. I would look at it like spark plugs - the gap is the important part and the ceramic can be of different dimensions.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not correct,have run into aftermarket(non oem parts)that have not worked out with correct repair,due to sometimes they make them fit a many of applications but dont say it when the parts guy looks the part up,allways go with oem dealer parts,unless u like to gamble as i have seen aftermarket parts get lucky and work..

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If in doubt, call Chuck Tator at Tator's Dodge. 914-763-3136. The Wizard knows all.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bosch numbers they have in their application charts are all the same for all corners, correct?

They are jacked up, Don't try and splice. Call Chuck Tator and get the correct ones from him, 914-763-3136.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going thru my exhaust I was forced/chosed to replace both the front 02 sensors. Drivers side had frayed wires and the passenger side looked to be living on borrowed time. Went to the local parts house and they had replacements in stock. Attachment plugs nearly identical, the coloring and quantity of wires matched up. Made from Bosch. Anyways, dimensionally they are quite a bit different from what I took out of there. Same thread size, same wiring pattern, similar buisiness end of it but the dummy end (the part you can see outside the piping) is radically different. The bosch items appear to be quite a bit more heavy duty. Should work? No radical engine mods of any kind beyond exhaust.

I am running four Bosch sensors (NAPA) and have had no issues at all. Didn't they invent the wideband and closed loop - cannot be all bad.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant