04 at Barrett Jackson

OP
OP
S

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stock, right down to the wheels. Seems high, but as a Gen 3 owner, I like it! As I said, didn't catch what the mileage was.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mark my words... these cars are going to appreciate because of the cost of the new Viper. At a minimum, they will stabilize back at "typical" in all but the worst examples.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People have a somewhat negative perception of Vipers based on the automotive press and they don't see many Vipers. So when you float a Viper out there in the midst of very average mediocre cars that are selling at top dollar in ******* matches the Vipers really shine... My Theory

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People have a somewhat negative perception of Vipers based on the automotive press and they don't see many Vipers. So when you float a Viper out there in the midst of very average mediocre cars that are selling at top dollar in ******* matches the Vipers really shine... My Theory

^^^ True^^^^

Westxsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Silver 04 (didn't catch the mileage) just went for $50,000 at BJ. It bid up fast!

Sold for $50,000...... but the buyer paid $55,000 (10% buyers commission)

The seller got .........................................$46,000 (8% sellers commission)

It seemed like all the cars there sold for at least 25% over market value.

robiferretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sold for $50,000...... but the buyer paid $55,000 (10% buyers commission)

The seller got .........................................$46,000 (8% sellers commission)

It seemed like all the cars there sold for at least 25% over market value.

I never believe what these cars sell for at auction.

I worked at an auction in NYC one year Every car bid up and sold. of the 150 cars only 7 actually sold. Local wholesalers were brought in to bid up cars but not forced to buy it. They were all listed as sold though. You dont have an auction if you take 8% less then market value for your car.

It makes very little sense for anyone not getting a deal or buying a "priceless car".

Car market is fluid, why would a buyer pay a 10% surcharge on a market value purchase and likewise why would the seller give up 8%? Maybe before the internets...

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never believe what these cars sell for at auction. I worked at an auction in NYC one year Every car bid up and sold. of the 150 cars only 7 actually sold. Local wholesalers were brought in to bid up cars but not forced to buy it. They were all listed as sold though. You dont have an auction if you take 8% less then market value for your car.It makes very little sense for anyone not getting a deal or buying a "priceless car".Car market is fluid, why would a buyer pay a 10% surcharge on a market value purchase and likewise why would the seller give up 8%? Maybe before the internets...
Exactly. Bunk.

Canadian Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez 50K for a 04 and not even a Hatch Back:confused: go figure! Gotta love a Convertible!
I guess the old saying still goes when the top goes down the price goes up!

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
when a Duesenberg sells for 700K [ red one] and a hacked together Batmobile sells for 4.2 mil, there's no logic about real values at an auction like BJ's.:rolaugh: I wouldn't pay $4200 for that Batmobile even though it was the original one by Barris but some people pay any price for nostalgia:crazy2: