08 Viper faster than FGT

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about that drag race with a stock Viper and a Stock GT. I have both and stock for stock my GT would pull ahead especialy out of the hole. And once it got to 100 plus the GT would really pull away.

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must be difference in FGTs then because my 06 FGT is no faster than my 06 Viper. Not surprising to find variation in turbocharged and supercharged cars from my experience. I had two Porsche GT2s and one was much stronger than the other although both showed them to be making the same boost. Same for some GNXs I have owned. Just my two cents.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea that could be it, my stock FGT put down 551rwhp so that is strong for stock. I guess I have never seen another FGT dyno.

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen a couple friends with FGTs dyno out at between 441 and 480 at the rear wheels then with minimal tuning but still stock up over 500. After about 5K in mods they are at well over 600 at the rear wheels and the cars sound and drive like a rocketship. I have heard many people with FGTs say there stock RWHP dyno was around 550HP like yours. Mine must be a slug.

BTW I just got a ride in the new Shelby GT 500 Supersnake prototype at 725 HP at the flywheel and the car is really really strong. Going to be a fun car.

Was also told by someone with a close relationship with a GM engineer that the new Vette is VERY strong at the rear wheels. The new Z06 or Z07 or whatever it will be called will be something else.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of the F430, I saw one close-up at VIR last weekend. It was a Challenge version. Those front brake rotors were ginormous! Like trash can lids. And I thought SRT rotors were big...

Might have been optical illusion, but those 430 rotors looked like 17 or 18 in diameter.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was on he list for the super snake but, did not go for it. Now I wish I would've gone for it. How did the GT500SS fell like and look? I thought that was strong when she was stock everyone freaked out when my new stock FGT put down 551. I thought 480-500, glad I got a strong one though.

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New Supersnake looks great, sounds great and runs great. The one I was riding in was the 725 HP version. It is a total blast. Gobs of torque no traction, just a blast. Can't wait to get mine. The original 67 GT 500 supersnake is sitting in my warehouse for the owner who shipped it into town for a photoshoot with the new supersnake. I got a ride out in the new supersnake to the photoshoot sight and a ride back in the old 427 side oiler 1967 supersnake to my warehouse. Very cool day. Might be some photo's from that day on SuperSnake.org :: Home of the 67 Shelby GT500 SuperSnake

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting thing about the new Shelby Supersnake is that stripes will only be in black? So the owner of the original Supersnake can't get a new one white with blue stripes. Black stripes kind of limit the color choice in my opinion? They are saving the blue stripes for a GT 350 Shelby coming out soon.

Last edited:

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moot point IMO since you'd be hard pressed to find any of the 3-4000 FGT owners to do a few laps balls out with a Viper on their bumper.

Ford, you built a great car and I love it, but you really dropped the ball by planning its demise before the first one was even built.

Well maybe not at your track, but I’ve gone with at least 3 of them (okay that’s only one-one thousandth)… Never mind the ’08, how about an ’05 - stock?

Click this

Yeah, he’s wasn’t pushing it, but we were on the track...

Ron

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the demise was known at inception, i believe that either crash test, or frontal impact standards that changed, and from the start Ford knew it was only going to be limited time production

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think with the GT you get what you pay for, now and in the future.

Zan186

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Coming out of the corner has a lot to do with weight and lateral g. Accelerating out of the corner might be a bit better with a Quaff. Tires would make a big difference but I dont think too many use run flats at the track.