08 Vipers sales seem to be slow....

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Right on. Many are above or at MSRP but there are always a few available under MSRP. There are also many dealers out there willing to give the car at invoice or close to when you order one. Just takes a little looking.

like which ones?

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI...i happen to be in jonesboro , arkansas this week so i gave shelby a call at elite autos to check out his current inventory of gallardos and 430s,,,he said he wasn't dealing any gallardos or ferraris at the current time because they are just NOT selling... so i think in perspective the 08 viper is selling well...btw he does have a stock of 11 ford gt

Last edited:

ssnaked

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am not surpised. :( Everyone thought the 06 FE would fly off the shelf and it did not. Wait a year and you will get 08's below list and if the 06 FE is any indication, way below list. ;)

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I wouldn't wait on the 08.

Get them while you can.

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All sales are slow right now for about everything. The BJ auction sold a ford gt with 985 miles for 145k.........10% sellers fee, the seller netted 130.5k for that car.........unbelievable!

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If the 2008's are selling so slow... someone tell me where I can buy a blue convertible at or under MSRP??? I've got a guy in the market... and could use a lead on one.

I checked woodhouse's online page... no 2008's listed at all.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont get the impression that sales are slow. whenever i talk to John Gastman @ ROMOCO, he always tells me that if i want to take pictures that i should come out right away because the car is getting shipped in the next day or two. and, i KNOW he has a list of people waiting on cars to be built.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Blue/white Vert incoming, and if sales are slow I will take this anytime ---------- have been doing this for alot of years and by the time the cars reach the lot they are all sold, so we have no inventory. I can not remember when we had nothing to actually sell on the lot, but not complaining since the Snakes arrive, get loaded, and go to their new homes. The Plant is only planning on 1500 cars this year, and currently they say demand far exceeds that. Marketing is working to keep production at promised levels, so the car stays at it's historically exclusive level. Right now theVipers coming in , and there are a bunch , we have only two available ( one is listed above).

Have fielded 6 calls and emails already this morning, so hoping it does slow down so I have time to go to lunch, ha,ha.

Respectfully submitted,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse
1-800-889-1893:headbang:

JeremyS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone tracked the value of the '03 - '06 cars? For example, I have a 2006 Viper Crystal Slate (I think that's what they call it.) What would that be worth w/ 7,000 miles? If it were worth anything, I'd sell it and buy a new '08.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone tracked the value of the '03 - '06 cars? For example, I have a 2006 Viper Crystal Slate (I think that's what they call it.) What would that be worth w/ 7,000 miles? If it were worth anything, I'd sell it and buy a new '08.

Unfortunately the 2008s only hurt your value. Since the 2008s are out, the 2006s are dropping in price because many people are trading them in for the 2008s leading to more inventory on the lots. A 2006 with your mileage will probably be in the mid $60s for private party and mid to high $50s for trade in depending on where you go. The good thing going for you is your color is the rarest for the year and is not black or red which is a lot more common. For referenence, a local dealer here just sold one with 2,*** miles in your color for wholesale at $61,000 and there is one currently for sale in PA for $65,000 with just over 600 miles.

Last edited:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think you could get a green one for well under MSRP! I cant believe the new VCA member card for 08 that I just received has that on there.

D

DAMN YANKEE

John Snow (Chairman of the company that bought Dodge) in Switzerland just said that the sales are way off.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All sales are slow right now for about everything. The BJ auction sold a ford gt with 985 miles for 145k.........10% sellers fee, the seller netted 130.5k for that car.........unbelievable!
thats a great deal on a ford gt,all the ones i called for sale will not budge a dollar and they all want 180s for a blk one

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Said more flamboyant.. and also denoted some feel its Ricey... the point is.. its certainly different with its wheels, air scoops, Rotors/Calipers, hood, etc... I certainly didnt say I think they did a GOOD job in making it LOOK GOOD.. I think they did a smarter thing in making it STAND APPART from its other models... you wouldnt confuse it for a base vette anymore, much like you used to with the z06.

Jon

A good example of a visual upgrade to an existing model is the Ferarri 360 to F430. Basically the same car/platform with with not only more power, but major new body panels, headlights tailights - but it still uses hood, doors and hood from old 360 but definitely looks different/new.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They seem to be selling just fine, here in Florida. The dealer on Colonial Dr had 2 of them and they were both gone the next week. Last year, they had Vipers for a few months before they were sold.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They seem to be selling just fine, here in Florida. The dealer on Colonial Dr had 2 of them and they were both gone the next week. Last year, they had Vipers for a few months before they were sold.

Are they charging insaine premiums down there or really selling them for sticker? Last time I was in Miami (I Know, Rip Of Central) they wanted $115K or so for a Commerative Roadster!!

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm confused.
Did they not sell out the blue and SSG colors?
Wern't the people at CAAP on overtime to catch up with the order stream?

Perhaps I was just wishing those things, but I'm pretty sure I read that stuff on this board.

PBR

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my wife to approve TT my 04...now I am trying to get her to approve an order for an 08....I might need body armor for that conversation!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, for God's sake....They are making around 1500 this year, of which 1200 to 1300 are sold already. :2tu:
And please, please no more EBay pricing, it's meaningless and it ain't gonna be here much longer if it's a dealer and they are not a site supporter.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone ever experienced that many people actually think Vipers cost around $150,000? I have had several people ask me if that is what they cost...where in the hell did they get that idea?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen