08 Vipers sales seem to be slow....

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone ever experienced that many people actually think Vipers cost around $150,000? I have had several people ask me if that is what they cost..
yep. want to have fun? tell them that a nice late 90's GTS can be bought for around 40-50K. they will stop and stare at you for a few seconds with a big question in their mind - WTH IS THIS GUY LYING TO ME? :rolaugh:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My only gripe is that we're buying 2008 cars in their model year. It irks me a bit that by the time I take delivery in March or April, my "new" Viper will be 6-8 months old. Aren't next year's models spozed to be deliverd in the fall of the prior year?

Then again, I may just be a whiney buyer desperately waiting for their new car. :D

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, I wish they would just come out and say that the Bright Blue color won't make it into the '08 production run and that those orders will be produced and delivered as '09s ...

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, I wish they would just come out and say that the Bright Blue color won't make it into the '08 production run and that those orders will be produced and delivered as '09s ...

ok. I will tell you. The Bright Blue and Orange won't make it in the '08 model run. They will appear as '09 model cars. Of course...this is only my speculation.:)

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the new Viper especially the ACR. I hope Sells will even be better this spring.

I have decided with all the mods done to my 06 Coupe including the 08 hood-to go with more HP than I have now with the SC-probably in the range of 900 RWHP (later this year) with internal engine changes etc. I have the color Viper I want Blue/Silver.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really like the new Viper especially the ACR. I hope Sells will even be better this spring.

I have decided with all the mods done to my 06 Coupe including the 08 hood-to go with more HP than I have now with the SC-probably in the range of 900 RWHP (later this year) with internal engine changes etc. I have the color Viper I want Blue/Silver.

You have an outstanding car my friend. There is nothing the '08 can offer that you don't already have. Nice job on the mods!

pcc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still do not understand why 08,s are made by color and not by orders in hand like every other car. It makes no sense to have cars sitting in dealers showrooms when people who placed orders last summer are still waiting for vehicles.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that when you look at it the ones on the dealer showrooms number what.....less than 10 cars and about 1200 cars have been ordered. The cars that you see are basic early colors usually without stripes. I think there was an issue with the coupe and the hatchback which slowed down production of the coupes but that now has been resolved. If you look at Woodhouse, they have no new ones and the ones coming in are all sold.

mjf6175

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, DRBob has it right. I ordered a Venom Red coupe in June. It was delayed because of the two tone interior, then the Arc bezel and finally problems with parts supplied for the hatch. It is finally in D-1 with a build date of 2/7. Probably one of the last VR coupes to be built, someone on here has a build date for a black around that time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude