10+ VIPERS Racing at VOI-10 !!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You wont have to sit on your hands on Sunday at VOI-10.

In addition to the Viper parade laps. A lot of Vipers will be racing at Bell Isle.

There will be about 10 Viper Competition Coupes competing in the SCCA Pro Racing SPEED World Challenge GT event. This series is where the highest concentration of Competition Coupes run in professional racing. This is the chance for our loyal Viper enthusiasts to witness them in action.

When you sign up for VOI.10, you’ll also attend the Detroit Grand Prix on Belle Isle where you’ll have priority seating for both the Indy Racing League and the American Le Mans Series events .

Excerpt from the ALMS web site:
"We're very excited to add the SCCA SPEED World Challenge GT Championship to our 2008 racing lineup," said Bud Denker, Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix Event Chairman. "After a very entertaining Grand Prix race weekend in 2007 that included both the American Le Mans Series and the IndyCar Series, our fans told us they wanted even more racing action. SCCA SPEED GT is the perfect addition for a race weekend in the Motor City because it brings great racing and it features a number of terrific manufacturers - including the Big Three competing right here in their own backyard."

The Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix will be the eighth event on the 10-race SCCA SPEED GT 2008 schedule. The series will take to the Belle Isle streets for practice on both Friday, August 29 and Saturday, August 30. The SPEED GT cars will qualify on Sunday morning, August 31 before lining up for a 50-minute race that will conclude before the start of the IndyCar Series race later that afternoon. The SCCA SPEED GT race from Detroit will be broadcast on tape-delay on the SPEED television network.

"Its a great opportunity for the SCCA SPEED World Challenge to come to Detroit and compete in front of great racing fans in the automotive capital of the world," said SCCA Pro Racing President and CEO Bob Wildberger. "We know how important the Grand Prix is to Detroit and its revitalization and it's important to our series as well. We're looking forward to adding some more excitement to a wonderful holiday weekend of racing."

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm so psyched about this I can hardly stand it. This will be my first Indy race, and I haven't been to an ALMS race since the 12 hours of Sebring back in '95! I can't wait to see the Vipers tearing up the track.

Is it end of August yet?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its all about T. Archer. No one else even comes close with a Viper in this series. Remember the ride that made you feel like a "chump"???

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm so psyched about this I can hardly stand it. This will be my first Indy race, and I haven't been to an ALMS race since the 12 hours of Sebring back in '95! I can't wait to see the Vipers tearing up the track.

Is it end of August yet?
It aint the ALMS or Grand Am Cup but a close second......

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Its all about T. Archer. No one else even comes close with a Viper in this series. Remember the ride that made you feel like a "chump"???[/quote]

HEY! You read my article, Tommy's Pinball..... I may have to send ya some more ORECA stamps.

WAIT TIL YOU see 'your car' in an original (1991) 30x40 watercolor at CAAP

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Maybe I can try to get a few pit passes for the Woodhouse Race Team's area. Would there be any interest in this?

MJ, remember we are bringing you the 2 *Double D Flag Girls, so will need those creds as well.....see you soon!

*(Doris and Doris)

Reaction score
Well I have been given the go ahead and there will be one lucky winner of the pair of pit passes. The winner will be chosen at the first nights dinner and will be the chance to be up close and personal with Team Woodhouse!

I would love to have more but the areas get pretty intense and I don't want to distract from their goals. Sheesh I won't even be able to go and I have never been either so I know some lucky pair will have a great time, of course Mr. Woodhouse's charm and humor will only make you wish you could go every time!

Thanks BOB!!!!

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I have been given the go ahead and there will be one lucky winner of the pair of pit passes. The winner will be chosen at the first nights dinner and will be the chance to be up close and personal with Team Woodhouse!

I would love to have more but the areas get pretty intense and I don't want to distract from their goals. Sheesh I won't even be able to go and I have never been either so I know some lucky pair will have a great time, of course Mr. Woodhouse's charm and humor will only make you wish you could go every time!

Thanks BOB!!!!

Sounds great BOB, thanks for the opportunity!

V

Venomiss

Thanks BOB!!!!

Many thanks to Bob Woodhouse and someone at VOI will be a very lucky winner!

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I won't be at voi but I think woodhouse should only raffle the tickets to woodhouse customers. They are a business. They could do one every year, and be an incentive for customers :)

Of course the non woodhouse customers will not like this... lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
I won't be at voi but I think woodhouse should only raffle the tickets to woodhouse customers. They are a business. They could do one every year, and be an incentive for customers :)

Thanks for the suggestion Jimmy, but I would not want to exclude anyone from the possibility, after all we enjoy the WHOLE community and you don't have to a customer to know we love being here for you all.

Regards,
Mark, Bill and Bob!

V

Venomiss

Thanks for the suggestion Jimmy, but I would not want to exclude anyone from the possibility, after all we enjoy the WHOLE community and you don't have to a customer to know we love being here for you all.

Regards,
Mark, Bill and Bob!

Thanks Mark, Bill, and Bob.
Mark enjoy your vacation!