11.08 @ 132.7 in the ACR and run against a GT-R

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took the ACR out to the track again and ran a best of 11.08 @ 132.7 MPH, here is the video of that run, hold your reaction time comments, I was going for the launch, didn't care about the C63 next to me.. :)

2008 Dodge Viper ACR 11.08 @ 132.7 MPH

I also ran a GT-R heads up which was a very interesting race.... We both hit the same 60' time, 1.78, but the GT-R blew right by me at the 1/8 mile, trapping a full 7 MPH faster and picking up 3/10ths. Then on the back half of the track the ACR holds tight and ends up trapping higher than the GT-R, picking up 34 MPH vs 27 MPH for the GT-R. Here is the video:

Nissan GT-R and Viper ACR

A "normal" 1/8 mile trap for a clean run in a 133 MPH car is usually in the 104-105 MPH range..... Is the gearing in the Viper that bad on the low end? 1st gear seems to take forever to get through....

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That GTR had to have been reflashed for sure +exhaust...it was loud - and it ran strong! That is a great trap on that ACR as well. What are your mods?

mjf6175

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would have to say that the GT-R had some serious mods. According to the video it had a run of 10.72sec and trap of 131.9. Congrats on your run too.

OP
OP
F

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the mods on the GT-R were listed on that page.... he's running about 150HP over stock... :)

my GT-R is quicker indeed, especially on the street.... I wouldn't have a chance in the ACR to keep up with the GT-R..... here is mine doing 0-60 in 2.89 and 0-105 MPH in 7 seconds

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84Fz-TjfuFo[/media]

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder when someone can get 900 to 1000hp out of the GTRs. When they do it will be sick!

OP
OP
F

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sure will, I only have 501HP whp... :) They are getting 750+ now, but running into transmission torque limiting issues.... the computer won't let the car shift WOT with that much power.... supposed to be pretty close to solving that issue though....

I wonder when someone can get 900 to 1000hp out of the GTRs. When they do it will be sick!

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
was going to ask, but saw in your vid that you already took the wing off :2tu:

how much difference did this make :dunno:

nice runs :headbang:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nah, the Gallardo would be WAY behind until the ACR hits 165 MPH, then the Gallardo would pass by on it's way to 200.... :)

I'l wait for the TT setup.... :drive:

You still considering a GTT?

considering, YES
buying, not so sure..... :)

if i do, you know what im gonna do with it and who's gonna do the work !!!

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice runs..Sick GTR...Says on Dragtimes that that GTR is putting down 573 awhp and 577 rwtq...Im actually surprised the Snake stayed with it out the box. Your GTR is only 501 awhp and doing similar times to this 573 awhp GTR. Nice

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have to say that the GT-R had some serious mods. According to the video it had a run of 10.72sec and trap of 131.9. Congrats on your run too.

nope, pretty minimal mods to get that. That car is strong.

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Both AMS & Boostlogic are in the midst of 1,000HP GTR builds, as someone mentioned already, a fix is needed for the tranny/ecu power cutout at those levels.

Sinister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great run in the ACR, the GT-R's are hard to beat, saw you picked up a G here's a quick pic of my TTG just picked it up today. (sorry for the thread hijack, had to tell somone).

You must be registered for see images attach

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great run in the ACR, the GT-R's are hard to beat, saw you picked up a G here's a quick pic of my TTG just picked it up today. (sorry for the thread hijack, had to tell somone).

You must be registered for see images attach

I saw your car at UGR a couple of months ago while I was in Charlotte.
Nice looking ride :headbang:

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing with the GTRs is that there is no shift lag at all! Double clutch, just power no lag time at all! Hopefully they can fiqure out the tranny thing out. By then I might have to pick one up. Or a 66 Vette.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Impressive run. Aren't those modded GT-R times still about 4+ sec behind a good modded-GTS time?

Why do you want to compare 1300-1500rwhp GTS's with these 500-800hp GTR's???? Apples and oranges there. Im sure if they can get the tranny and drivetrain problems figured out on the high power GTR's[800hp drivetrain limited for now] they will be up there given time.

Sinister congrats on a sinister GTT:) Those seem to be the full streetcars to beat on the street now. Whats your numbers if you dont mind telling?

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my Lambo Gallardo at Heffners getting the full build. Should get 1200 1300whp on race. Hoping for 1000 at the tires on pump.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great runs! I LOVE the fact our Vipers are basic and bad to the bone...but....the newer trannys in some cars make all the difference. I was running my 2009 911 Carrera S at the track last fall and it was running 12.2's all day long stock...with a lousy 385hp...wanna know why....the PDK tranny is absolutely incredible. ZERO...I mean, ZERO lag in shifts. Being a dual clutch the next gear just sits in the wings and waits for the shift. It also has launch control. I am not knocking the GT-R but our Viper is certainly handicapped for drag racing!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456