1995 Viper New Battery - starts fir a few seconds and dies!

Samhane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I will try to be complete as possible. I was driving the car and noticed the battery light came on. Pulled into the garage snd shut it off. A few days later….It won’t start. Or if it starts it will run for a few seconds and die. Sometimes the flashers blink on and off. I replaced the battery and it starts easier but dies. I noticed my fob is no longer working either. This is very frustrating!!! Hoping someone can help!

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'm thinking it might be a problem with the alarm system. Most of the time when an engine starts then dies, it would be because the immobilizer system in the car is shutting things down. Sounds even more likely if your fob isn't working as well. I'm not sure how to reprogram one of those off the top of my head though. You might post down in the generation sections as well as I think more people check there. With any luck there is a procedure you can do to resync them or something.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hello Samhane1...sorry that I am late in seeing this post. As recommended by MoparMap above, you will generally get quicker answers posting in the recommended section.

If your problem has been resolved...great. If not, feel free to call me at 317 402 9013 and I will be happy to assist if I can.

MechanicNinja

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just joined. Did you fix this? I have a 95 too. I am a mechanic and shop owner and have a bunch of chrysler manuals.
Ken 847-639-2260

ChrisF94RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Steve-Indy, Just purchased a 1994 Viper, car has been great up until today. Drove it yesterday to my father in laws to store it for the night so I could ceramic my wife’s SUV. Went to pick it up today and it starts and runs for 1-2 second then stalls, even if you try to give it gas it still stalls. Fuel pump is coming on and and fuel pressure is good. Have locked and unlocked with fob and even reset based on fob and disconnected battery and even replace with a new battery. Still same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.​

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As I just finished posting on another forum, give me a call. 317 402 9013.

Hopefully, it is due to the alarm system...and, not a dying fuel pump.

The factory published alarm reset should only take a few minutes with a little luck.