1BADGTS, I Went 10.931 @ 129.33 mph in my stock 2008 Viper on street tires

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI, just to end the speculation, 1BADGTS received a 2 week suspension. He will (if he chooses) be back. This is our standard practice....1st strike carries a 2 week vacation, 2nd strike is permanent.

While he is gone, can we update his user name to be:

CTRL+C=EVANSMITH

Thanks!

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys continue to bag on 1BadGTS, and I seriously doubt any of you could type while swinging from someone's nuts. Give credit where credit is due.

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys continue to bag on 1BadGTS, and I seriously doubt any of you could type while swinging from someone's nuts. Give credit where credit is due.

I thought we were giving Malu credit...:dunno:

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'll give him credit for being an ingratiating A$$hole! He is the one and only person on this board that is on my "Ignore *******" list.

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Props to 1BADGTS :2tu:

It takes a real man to multi-task like that! :lmao:

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the 2 weeks up yet?

I bet Jason is just counting the days. :rolaugh:

Got that crow all fried up for him when he returns? :crazy2:

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can 1BADGTS come out and play yet? :)

While his ban may have been lifted, there is a rumor spreading that he has been caught in a Furman's zipper and hasn't been able to post. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else running 10's stock or very close?

most Gen IV owners are running in the 11.4-11.7 range. There are a few guys that have the skill to break into the 10's in stock form...all Gen IV's are capable of high 10's in stock form. You just need to be able to drive the car!:drive:

Best I got in stock form was 11.5's, but I only had ten trips down the 1/4 at that point. Now I have the car in the low 11's consistatly with a best of 11.07@ 130.5 mph...my car has an 10.7 in it I just need to able to drive the damn thing.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ran my '08 for the first time this past Sunday, though I'm not stock anymore(Mopar PCM, Roe H/F cats, Corsa, Filter, 3.55's). Only got two runs in.

Tanked the first one as I launched real easy and shifted slow as well - didn't know if the track was sticky or not and really didn't feel like going sideways in 3rd gear(like I did with my '06 a couple of times). 11.88 @ 125 w/ a 1.97 60'.

The track was plenty sticky so I launched harder the second time, but still no powershifting. 11.4 @ 128 w/ a 1.90 60'. Never even squealed a tire.

Could've launched and shifted harder, but we ran out of day. With more runs I'm confident I can knock a few more tenths off. Possibly a bit more MPH too. I suppose 10's are possible with the mph, but it'll take practice. I used to pull 1.7x 60's in my '06 coupe, so hopefully I can learn to launch this car as well.

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1BADGTS, you offered to rent out a track to try and run a 10 second pass in Englishtown saying it was impossible on a street tire, but thankfully I did it right here at home. It's time for you to tuck that tail between your legs and run away.

First off, I have to thank Dodge and the entire SRT group for building a car that has been the most reliable, and powerful car I have ever owned. I don't believe any of your test engineers could possibly drive this car harder than I have in the past 34 months of ownership. Today, for instance, I drove back and forth from work (25 miles each way in rush hour traffic) then drove to the track, made several LOW 11 sec passes, and finally ran the 10.931. After which, I loaded my stuff up, and drove to dinner to celebrate. I have also taken the car out on a road course, shopping duty, and anything else most Viper owners would take a Kia for. You guys should be very proud of the product you have delivered, at a very reasonable price point. Thank you Ralph and team!

Gotta say that Nitto did a great job when designing the Invo's. They are cheap, they last a very long time, and they grip very well. I will state for the thousandth time, that these tires do not do as well as the PS2's in corners, but you can't beat this tire for every day comfort, long life, and most importantly: straight line grip, even at a price point a few hundred dollars cheaper than the PS2. Even after being on my car for almost 2 years, being used for more than 20,000 miles, and going through several heat cycles, this tire did excellent tonight.

Also, a huge thanks to the staff at Dallas Raceway in Crandall, TX. This was just a normal test and tune night, and they did a fantastic job of prepping the track for what was going to be, just a bunch of guys using their street tires to ruin a nice launching area.

To speedfreak and anyone else out there shooting for a particular number, good luck to you guys. The density calculator was right on the money for me, using my 11.46 pass in a much higher DA, and adjusting it for what it would be in great DA. I went from a 11.46 @ 122 mph to a 10.931 @ 129.33 mph.

Slip of pass:

You must be registered for see images attach

Video: I have to warn you, there is music at the beginning and end that you may not like, but no music during the passes. There's also an in car camera view at the VERY end of the video.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kp0yjz2jI4[/media]

OMG, congratulations. Man, I could not be happier for you. Awesome!!!!!!!! I knew it could be done and I guess every other drag racing concept covered in my last thread - like DA, 60 foot time, trap speed - ect. were proven right by you too. I have been in Wyoming hunting for the last two weeks. Sorry for the late arrival. ACTUALLY drove my viper out complete with english pointer bird dog in the passengers seat. Covered over 5k miles including hard packed snow and some narly winter weather. Stopped at woodhouse dodge for some much needed maintenance on the way out from Florida - Mark took great care of me. Just got back last night and low and behold - a 10 second pass on street tires - frickin awesome.

I hope to get out there flogging soon. GREAT job.

I guess 1sadgts is still reviewing his times slips from decades ago and trying not to choke on the dump truck load of **** he is eating. Now who is laughing.

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dude, I just watched the video and nearly broke a rib laughing and needed oxygen. You know how to make your point in spades to the proper parties. More power to you.

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG, congratulations. Man, I could not be happier for you. Awesome!!!!!!!! I knew it could be done and I guess every other drag racing concept covered in my last thread - like DA, 60 foot time, trap speed - ect. were proven right by you too. I have been in Wyoming hunting for the last two weeks. Sorry for the late arrival. ACTUALLY drove my viper out complete with english pointer bird dog in the passengers seat. Covered over 5k miles including hard packed snow and some narly winter weather. Stopped at woodhouse dodge for some much needed maintenance on the way out from Florida - Mark took great care of me. Just got back last night and low and behold - a 10 second pass on street tires - frickin awesome.

I hope to get out there flogging soon. GREAT job.

I guess 1sadgts is still reviewing his times slips from decades ago and trying not to choke on the dump truck load of **** he is eating. Now who is laughing.

Haha, thanks man! Got a new set of tires on the beast (thanks VPA!), and I'm just enjoying the car, since I've proven my point. Looking forward to seeing what you can do with some good DA!

The best thing that 1BADGTS can do, when his ban is lifted next week, is to apologize and admit defeat. I doubt it will be that uneventful, so stay tuned for next week. :usa:

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, I just watched the video and nearly broke a rib laughing and needed oxygen. You know how to make your point in spades to the proper parties. More power to you.

1BadGTS too broke a rib, but it was from a violent crash after being flung from Furman's nards. Wishing him a speedy recovery so his invaluable input can be heard once again.:2tu:

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't believe the know-it-all nutswinger with all his CANT's, NEVERs - Read and learn Speedfreak - been to the track a 1000 times and the best of the best can't do it isn't here.

Then again he is probably still having his stomach pumped from eating all that ****. There really isn't much to say when you have been bent over like he has.

Can hardly wait till I run my ten to add to the party. LOL

Nyoka

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1BADGTS, you offered to rent out a track to try and run a 10 second pass in Englishtown saying it was impossible on a street tire, but thankfully I did it right here at home. It's time for you to tuck that tail between your legs and run away.

First off, I have to thank Dodge and the entire SRT group for building a car that has been the most reliable, and powerful car I have ever owned. I don't believe any of your test engineers could possibly drive this car harder than I have in the past 34 months of ownership. Today, for instance, I drove back and forth from work (25 miles each way in rush hour traffic) then drove to the track, made several LOW 11 sec passes, and finally ran the 10.931. After which, I loaded my stuff up, and drove to dinner to celebrate. I have also taken the car out on a road course, shopping duty, and anything else most Viper owners would take a Kia for. You guys should be very proud of the product you have delivered, at a very reasonable price point. Thank you Ralph and team!

Gotta say that Nitto did a great job when designing the Invo's. They are cheap, they last a very long time, and they grip very well. I will state for the thousandth time, that these tires do not do as well as the PS2's in corners, but you can't beat this tire for every day comfort, long life, and most importantly: straight line grip, even at a price point a few hundred dollars cheaper than the PS2. Even after being on my car for almost 2 years, being used for more than 20,000 miles, and going through several heat cycles, this tire did excellent tonight.

Also, a huge thanks to the staff at Dallas Raceway in Crandall, TX. This was just a normal test and tune night, and they did a fantastic job of prepping the track for what was going to be, just a bunch of guys using their street tires to ruin a nice launching area.

To speedfreak and anyone else out there shooting for a particular number, good luck to you guys. The density calculator was right on the money for me, using my 11.46 pass in a much higher DA, and adjusting it for what it would be in great DA. I went from a 11.46 @ 122 mph to a 10.931 @ 129.33 mph.

Slip of pass:

You must be registered for see images attach

Video: I have to warn you, there is music at the beginning and end that you may not like, but no music during the passes. There's also an in car camera view at the VERY end of the video.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kp0yjz2jI4[/media]
Nice, really nice.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't believe the know-it-all nutswinger with all his CANT's, NEVERs - Read and learn Speedfreak - been to the track a 1000 times and the best of the best can't do it isn't here.

Then again he is probably still having his stomach pumped from eating all that ****. There really isn't much to say when you have been bent over like he has.

Can hardly wait till I run my ten to add to the party. LOL

Or it could be that he's on a short vacation away from this site. ;) He'll probably chime in when he's back.

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or it could be that he's on a short vacation away from this site. ;) He'll probably chime in when he's back.

hes been unbanned for a week now.

I had to go back and look at a couple of threads. Look at the crap he types and calls everyone else out on, I dont blame him for not coming back to eat his 18 tons worth of crow :eater:

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...ting-near-10s-my-mildy-modified-06-viper.html

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...ldly-modified-06-viper-turned-11-3-124-a.html

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, seeing as it seems everyone is missing Captain Name-Dropper, I feel compelled to make everyone feel at home again.

Ahem......... Michal Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Muhammad Ali, Mario Andretti, Dale Earnhardt Jr and Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Oh ya, and just for good measure, my good buddy Santa Clause, and my girl the Tooth Fairy.

That is all............