2004 white mamba! Yay or Nay?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For what its worth guys, any prices quoted from when the market for these cars was lower are irrelevant, and exceptions to rules fall under the same category. The White Mambas have always pulled a premium, and now that the price on the new car is out and is as high as it is, along with NO CONVERTIBLES for a few more years, you had better believe the Vert market is going to climb!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes because when we are looking to BUY a Viper, we all are more than happy to pay 10K more than market dictates to help keep the selling prices high.

I must disagree with your point... to a point. As a buyer at times myself, I absolutely will pay more for a car that is exactly what I want or in order to assure I don't have any surprises.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its worth whatever you can sell it for, period.
If you're not in a hurry, then keep your price. Some won't look twice at white mambas but others, when they're looking, are searching specifically for this car. You'll get your price with patience.
Mike

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that you should start asking a higher price as we all need to try to hold our prices higher to help to maintain the value of the Viper better. Once people start dropping their pants with low ball asking prices to make a quick sale, it begins to de-value the rest of the cars on the market as well and prices come down across the board. Having said that, your car looks absolutely beautiful, but please don't be offended by this, it is not a garage queen with 18k miles on the clock... If it was someone like me looking to buy your 04, you would have already lost me with mileage that high, not to mention with all those mods as it is not my personal taste and I would be wondering if it was all done right and if you ever raced the car. And while your mods have arguably improved the car's look and performance, it also does little to nothing to add value to the car at resale, and sometimes actually makes it tougher to find a buyer as a huge percentage of buyers want something stock, or want to do their own mods as maybe what you added isn't their taste or what they wanted.

So the bottom line is this..... Start asking $55k, but you may have to ultimately drop your asking price closer to $50k to get some real interest going in the car. Expect to get somewhere around $45k for her, and if you want the most bang for the buck, you should probably uninstall a bunch of your mods and sell them separately and you will get some nice money for those parts and maybe even get more for the car if it is closer to stock. Best of luck to you in your sale, and sorry you will be leaving the VCA. Hope this was helpful.

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS: Your mods are relatively minor and are probably among the more attractive ones to have made to the car. New intake like K&N, New high flow exhaust, and dropping the ride height by an inch or so are all good mods that I think may actually help you. If you have the factory rims, I would mention that in your ad, as while HRE's are awesome and expensive, they are not everyone's cup of tea. I think you shouldn't have any problem selling this beauty for mid $40's, but be patient and don't drop your pants for a quick sale and you may even be able to do a bit better if you find the right buyer.

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted another white mamba after selling mine ( actually trading it in). addicted, ended up with a 2010 white with black and red interion. I would have considered paying from $47,000 to $52,000 for yours. I love the white mamba and I'm not the only one.
good luck !

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes because when we are looking to BUY a Viper, we all are more than happy to pay 10K more than market dictates to help keep the selling prices high.

No, I am saying MARKET prices should be higher...and if market is $10K higher, you won't be paying $10K more than market, you'll be paying market. The market is where it is because too many Viper owners are giving them away at a lower price.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I was in the market to add a convertible to the garage. I would consider this car.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are 545s without the reverse like. I have the 545r's in the plus 1
Size.

Suzuki7502k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a mamba,let me know if your selling. Serious buyer and located in Chicago.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look at eBay, people are listing Gen3s for $50K+. I don't think anyone is 'trying' to give the cars away and depreciate the value. However, NONE of them sell. The very few Gen3s that sell go for $40-$45 generally (look at completed listings). THAT is the market. But no one is STARTING there, or sabotaging themselves or other Viper owners.

It's a nice Mamba. 18K miles hurts the value. While that is a perfectly reasonable 2000 miles a year, that is a lot in Viper world, so it seems.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you look at eBay, people are listing Gen3s for $50K+. I don't think anyone is 'trying' to give the cars away and depreciate the value. However, NONE of them sell. The very few Gen3s that sell go for $40-$45 generally (look at completed listings). THAT is the market. But no one is STARTING there, or sabotaging themselves or other Viper owners.

It's a nice Mamba. 18K miles hurts the value. While that is a perfectly reasonable 2000 miles a year, that is a lot in Viper world, so it seems.

It is a matter of people caving sooner or later. If no one caved and dumped the cars, people would have no choice but to pay higher prices or buy a different car. Obviously perfect world scenario, but we are reaping what we sow with regard to people dumping cars over the past few years- now people EXPECT those prices, and will not pay until it ends up there. The exceptions have become the rule. This is the result of people dog-piling threads where values are listed, and the only people who respond are the people who found deals, or know of a car for sale by someones brothers cousins uncle at a low price.

Just the same, mileage arguments in this market are ridiculous. I have seen cars with 2K miles on them TRASHED inside, out, and internally, with 40-50K mile cars that look brand new. My general experience is the exact opposite of what people seem to think. I see that generally, people who hang onto their cars take better care of them. People who only keep them for a short time beat the hell out of them. Again, we have only ourselves to blame with every owner out there screaming about how anything over 5K is high miles. NONSENSE. The number of owners and the years owned per person [and WHO owned it] has LOT more to do with condition than straight mileage ever could.

One would think someone who got a deal would keep their mouths shut as not to depreciate their own purchase, but rather people feel better about bragging how they got a deal and someone else got shafted. It boggles my mind.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a matter of people caving sooner or later. If no one caved and dumped the cars, people would have no choice but to pay higher prices or buy a different car. Obviously perfect world scenario, but we are reaping what we sow with regard to people dumping cars over the past few years- now people EXPECT those prices, and will not pay until it ends up there. The exceptions have become the rule. This is the result of people dog-piling threads where values are listed, and the only people who respond are the people who found deals, or know of a car for sale by someones brothers cousins uncle at a low price.

Just the same, mileage arguments in this market are ridiculous. I have seen cars with 2K miles on them TRASHED inside, out, and internally, with 40-50K mile cars that look brand new. My experience is the exact opposite of what people think. I see that generally, people who hang onto their cars take better care of them. People who only keep them for a short time beat the hell out of them. Again, we have only ourselves to blame with every owner out there screaming about how anything over 5K is high miles. NONSENSE.

One would think someone who got a deal would keep their mouths shut as not to depreciate their own purchase, but rather people feel better about bragging how they got a deal and someone else got shafted. It boggles my mind.

Price: People cave because they NEED the money obviously. The sellers that don't cave are looking for someone to pay them a high price so they can get something else, but don't really need the money. If someone bites, great! If they don't, no big deal, they'll keep it. Buyers don't have a lot of money in this day and age typically, so they are not offering a lot. Sure they see low sales prices and expect that. But whose fault is that? It is the people who NEED money. But can you blame them for being in a tough spot? Not everyone is in the same financial position as they were when they bought the car. I am sure they didn't WANT to sell low, but they HAD too. Times are tough, we all know that, and these prices are a result. There are people in much bigger holes on their houses, hundreds of thousands down, than in a car.

Mileage: Kinda agree with you there. Mileage is irrelevant, they are ALL low mileage cars really. But, simple fact is, more miles, lower price. But you need to do your homework (inspection).

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a mamba, but similar and gives you an idea of what a set of 542's would look like:

You must be registered for see images attach

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway - WHITE Mamba's are awesome and I usually see DEALERS trying to get $65K(!!) for them. Start high like you want $55K or $50K, then see what you get. You certainly shouldn't start at what you want as your lowest sale price.

Good luck! I still want a White Mamba to put matching red stripes on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper