2008 Viper Colors in the Real World!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay gang, no fluffy descriptions this time as I REALLY have to start heading north with the kiddies. But here are some pictures of the actual 2008 Viper color plates next to some other cars along with their colors. Here you go with a palette for starters:

08colorsb.jpg

Next up, a bunch of Viper Violet Pearl Coat - wow!! We will start next to the 2001 Sapphire Blue:

When it gets dark, they look similar...

vv3.jpg

Then get some light on 'em and WOW!

vv4.jpg

Violet indeed...

vv5.jpg

But still subtle in low light and at night:

vv6.jpg

Use a flash for a blurry close up, and your Violet is indeed purple (on the right)

vv7.jpg

So Chris, just like the Plum Crazy of the early 70's? Well, you would think it was close...

vv9.jpg

But change the angle and NOPE! It is a color like we have never seen before:

vv8.jpg

Definitely one SMOKIN hot color! Next up, Viper Bright Orange Pearl Coat...

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And with apologies to the General Lee and other orange Mopars, none were to be found today. So the next best thing? A 1969 Chevy Camaro SS in Hugger Orange. We present the Viper Bright Orange Pearl Coat:

vbo1.jpg

And it really is very close, although it has metalflake where the Hugger Orange of the Chebby had little or none:

vbo3.jpg

Next up: Viper Bright Blue Pearl Coat!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"It's like the B5 Blue from the '70's!" everybody said. Well, I could only find one such car in roughly 300 that were at this particular show. Older paint job and even the owner wasn't sure how accurate it was, although his build sheet shows B5 Blue. Nonetheless, here is the genuine Viper Bright Blue Pearl Coat:

vbb2.jpg

vbb1.jpg

Pretty close, but remember that these "pearl" finishes with their spiffy metalflake can do all kinds of neat tricks:

vbb3.jpg

Next up, Viper Venom Red...

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new Viper Venom Red is a great paint job with some serious metalflake. Here it is by an Inferno Red Dodge Magnum:

vvr4.jpg

vvr3.jpg

Close, but not quite. Wait a minute, what about that 2005 Monterey Red Corvette? Closer!

vvr2.jpg

vvr1.jpg

The Vette had a little more "candy" color to it - a little bit brighter and more bold. The Viper Venom Red was slightly more subdued. Still a pretty color.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay kids, I am late. If anybody sees a speeding SRT8 going through Iowa, that wasn't me. :D I will leave you one last picture for now, and that is what you folks that elect the gorgeous Snakeskin Green Pearl Coat can expect when your car is finished:

vssg.jpg

:rolaugh:

And seriously, that Snakeskin Green Pearl Coat is one of the coolest looking colors offered this year. Congrats to all that went with it as you will have some incredible looking Vipers!!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Gosh, Chris!! Thank you for all your time researching all of this! We are loving ALL the colors you have shown so far. Your time and effort are well appreciated! ~juli~

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to show the differences in the colors. Really dramatic stuff. I am sure it will cause some people to actually change their mind on the color that they want to get on the car.

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice job.

DCX showed a beautiful candy apple red on a Charger show car that toured the show circuit last year. I was told that it was coming to production, but I have yet to see one on the street. It was as good a candy apple as we will ever get from an OEM. Anyone else remember that car? Did the color ever get built? Are any of the new Viper reds this color?

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My personal opinion (and one that is unlikely to exactly reflect anybody in particular), is that the color is very good but could have been a bit more spectacular. Candy Apple red would have been awesome, not unlike what the (gulp) Vettes have seen in the past - like the Monterey Red or even the 50th Anniversary Red which I think was similar. Not that this color is bad by any means (there is no such thing as an ugly Viper - almost anyway), but in my personal opinion it could have been even better.

Much as I prefer black cars (the yellow is another story), my personal color preferences for 2008 would go something like this:

Viper Violet Pearl Coat
Snakeskin Green Pearl Coat
Viper GTS Blue Pearl Coat
Viper Black Clearcoat
Viper Bright Orange Pearl Coat
Viper Venom Red
Viper Bright Blue Pearl Coat (also beautiful, but not my style)
Viper Red (sorry Chuck)

Again, this is just one guy's opinion and most definitely does not reflect the masses. Ask any red Viper owner. :2tu:

Last edited:

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good job Chris , thanks alot . Really love some of the new color options . Can't wait to see them in full with all the stripe options too . Gonna be a lot of Great looking Vipers out thier .

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, I agree with Rocket....I am one confused kind of guy. First, I assume that you feel that the Bright Blue is seventh on your list(you have it twice on your list). I know what I am going to pick if I buy a convertible but, if I buy a coupe I am now not sure. I was thinking Venom red with white stripes but now it is back to the drawing board. One more thing....I also sent you a pm. Bob

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, I agree with Rocket....I am one confused kind of guy. First, I assume that you feel that the Bright Blue is seventh on your list(you have it twice on your list). I know what I am going to pick if I buy a convertible but, if I but a coupe I am now not sure. I was thinking Venom red with a white stripe but now it is back to the drawing board. One more thing....I also sent you a pm. Bob

Oops! It is now 7th on my list, despite being a beautiful color - just not my style.

I think Venom Red with white stripes would look great. Would it be my first pick? Not personally. Would I shy away from it otherwise? Not in a heartbeat.

Again, my very personal opinion is that it could have been just a touch better with a little less yellow/brown and a little more red/violet to give it that "Candy Apple" kick. It still looks awesome, but just a hair short of what I personally would have chosen for that burgundy color. Here is what it looks like as released by DCX for the NAIAS announcement:

You must be registered for see images

And here is what Candy Apple Red looks like on an older show car:

You must be registered for see images

Now it is not a fair comparison I know, as one is clearly set up for a press release and is a pre-production car (Viper), while the other is a finished show car. Nonetheless, if I was going to add a darker red to the mix it would be something that really sets off the design. But then I am also the nut that would have put that Snakeskin Green in second place. :D

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I am just a trouble maker......I will await your reply to my pm. I may have to be like some guys and have a white stripes painted on a blue coupe in Blair or have my first purple car....Bob

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No apology necessary.

Don't you want TC too?

Heated/cooled cupholders, active handling, automatic transmission, power seats, heads-up display, rain-sensing wipers, navigation, heated seats, power lumbar adjustment, and full computer system for estimating gas mileage, distance-to-empty, oil change intervals, etc. Oh yeah, and a power sunroof for the Coupe.

None of these things I want for the Viper. But a switchable traction control wouldn't be the end of the world - nor would its exclusion stop me from buying my next Viper. :D

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Chris' example of the monte carlo is EXACTLY why ordering a color.... on a VIPER, is never a problem. We've seen many different colors on a Viper, and most, if not all, look great.

....on the other hand...... put the same colors on the "wrong" car.....

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, thanks again for the reply. If I sign the NDA, do I get a secret viper decoder ring too? I sent you another pm....a novel this time and one color request. Bob

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spent part of the weekend trying to chase down a "Venom Red" type car (2003 Mercedes CLK 500) so I could shoot some stripe pictures for you guys & gals.

With white stripes:

vrww.jpg

With silver stripes:

vrws.jpg

With Graphite stripes:

vrwg.jpg

And with black stripes:

vrwb.jpg

Hope this is helpful to folks out there!

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Green or orange with blacked out rims, black stripes, lowered, and loud exhaust would get a few peoples feathers ruffled. Niiice!

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, are you sure that is Monterey Red on the Corvette? Looks like it could be Magnetic Red...which is lighter and a little more cranberry.

I am interested in the Venom Red, so I am really trying to envision what it looks like.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456