2008 VIPER SHOWN IN MAGAZINE

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
take a prozac, doc

LOL! I can't believe you guys aren't happy with 600HP...stock. I've been on John Gastman's list for months, and glad of it. Fifty horses...not enough. 600, way to go Dodge, way to go SRT!!!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"No more run flat tires"

Since there is probably no spare, does the article say what is provided - the same air and goo pump that comes with the SRT8 Magnum?

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So much for the exclusivenous of the red and white color scheme....

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like what im hearing!!!! Btw hears another pic
You must be registered for see images

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"No more run flat tires"

Since there is probably no spare, does the article say what is provided - the same air and goo pump that comes with the SRT8 Magnum?

Sorry Bob, it doesnt mention what is provided (if anything). It says the change was aimed at better handling response, due to more driver-oriented tire casing designs and reduced unsprung weight.

To answer your question in the other thread, no it does not list any performance stats such as 0-60, 0-100, 60-0, 100-0, etc.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Chad. Hopefully, now that the news is out, DC will release some data for posting on the members only portion of this site. It would be a nice gesture by DC assuming that their deal with the car mags ( The deal may have an exclusivity period for sales and distribution purposes.) allows it to be done. Does it mention the brand and size of the tires? If the rims are the same size and the tires are the same size, we will be able to use the new tires on all of the Gen III's. If so, that is good news.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Does it mention the brand and size of the tires? If the rims are the same size and the tires are the same size, we will be able to use the new tires on all of the Gen III's"

It doesn't mention a size change, so I'd assume they are staying the same and will be able to be used on all Gen 3's. The brand of tire is not mentioned either

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"No more run flat tires"

Sorry Bob, it doesnt mention what is provided (if anything). It says the change was aimed at better handling response, due to more driver-oriented tire casing designs and reduced unsprung weight.

To answer your question in the other thread, no it does not list any performance stats such as 0-60, 0-100, 60-0, 100-0, etc.

My bad guys. It lists 0-60 at 3.6 seconds

Also, Torque at 560 lb/ft (estimate)

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice performance numbers and the bump in power is greatly appreciated. Not sure I am crazy about the hood though!

All in all, I think I am still glad I bought my 06' GTS Blue w/SS and five spoke wheels at the big 06' discount. Can add a lot of easy power for a $16K savings!

Good news is that sounds like majority of upgrades are small refinement tweaks, many of which can be perfomed on the existing car, so to speak.

Say does anyone have any numbers on their 06' coupe where they upgraded the tires to something stickier, like a Michelin PS2 type of tire, changed the CAI system to a high-flow sealed system, added a set of headers with High-Flow Cats and a Borla/Corsa exhaust and maybe a set of bit shorter gears? If those type of changes gets the 06' Viper in the 3.7 to 3.8 range 0-60, that is good enough for me. Comes down to being a better driver at that point.

Small things like, Iridium spark plugs and a high flow oil filter is pretty easy to change at maintenance time.

All in all, I would say that of anyone ever wanted to buy a Viper, jump on the big discount 06's. It is actually good news for current Viper owners and new 08' owners. A real drastic change in 08' would have killed current Generation 3 values.

I think it is good overall. Hey, on the bright side, it is still alive right?

Rick

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
man does that car ever look hot with that red paint and those white stripes!! and now that it has 600 hp it even looks hotter! does it look good enough for me to sell my gen-2 viper coupe? nope. but i might just sell my Z06 and buy this here new viper. but before i do that i gotta pick up my new ford GT and put a whipple supercharger on it (900 hp here we come). i bought a 2006 ford GT last week that has 3 miles on it. i will be towing it home at the end of january after i pick up my new enclosed trailex trailer from the barret-jackson auto auction next month as well. i look forward to showing all these new hot rods what the back of my GT looks like :nana:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Lambo orange I like. Where's that one guy with the the lambo orange SRT from Cali when you need him? If Shakespeare Green is anything like emerald green then I have no probablem with that either but...but purple?

There's only one custom purple viper that I know of and it's a RT/10 in the UK and looks rather decent but can you imagine the factory producing purple vipers!?!

1828P1010040.JPG

That's candy red would look good on a SRTC..
18282006-Dodge-Viper-SRT10-SA-Studio.jpg

Let's try that green...
1828chromegreen.jpg

--RS

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no actually I've never seen the purple CC before! If they had a package that involved tinted headlights and black right across the top, it would def make one mean "purple people eater!" :2tu:

--RS

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the orange I was looking for! Let me see if I can find the one with all the goodies that was at VOI.

--RS

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bigs seems to be more than one orange viper!

755Quebec_GTSes.jpg

5580Orange_GTS.jpg

4324Viper_Orange_SEMA_04.JPG

deep purple
2222PurpleGenI.JPG

You think the tan interiors will make a return?

--RS

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cost: $90k (MT estimate)
Weight: 3400lbs (MT est)

how much of a weight reduction from current?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
weight 1565 kg / 3450 lbs

Weight:3380 lbs

Curb Weight (estimated) 3,410 lbs. (1546 kg)

3,410-lb. two-seater

Those are a few numbers I pulled of some sites. Can't say for sure which one is correct but I'm guessing it's barely enough to call it a weight reduction.

--RS :(