You must be registered for see images attach

--RS

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That candy apple red car has my name all over it. LOVE that color but I am going to hold out to see what all the color choices are going to look like. I really can not wait to see the interior options. It is about time. I have been waiting for YEARS for interior variations.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear lord I think I found myself a new favorite SRT.. :2tu:

You must be registered for see images

--RS

Damn that is one beautiful car! I turn away and the next thing I know I am staring at that picture again. I can't wait to see the new colors.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
where are the fog lights?

The question is, where did this picture come from?
The coupe and vert in the magazine show fog-lights.
Also none of the magazine pictures show the wheels in this picture...

I do like the look of the new hood. The bigger center bulge, and the bigger vents make it look a little more mean. :2tu:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
where are the fog lights?

The question is, where did this picture come from?
The coupe and vert in the magazine show fog-lights.
Also none of the magazine pictures show the wheels in this picture...

I do like the look of the new hood. The bigger center bulge, and the bigger vents make it look a little more mean. :2tu:
I wish they had 8 vents... one more closer to the windshield on each side. With only 6 in the forward position, it makes the hood look front-heavy.

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
600 Hp is great and I bet it handles unbelievable, But I'm really disapointed in the styling. It looks to me like a gen III with a new hood. I thought they were taking a year off to redesign and reintroduce the Viper. Especially when so many viper owners didn't like the gen III design as much as the gen II (just look at all the debates on the subject).

Don't you think they should have come up with something new that would have everyone saying "Holy [*****]... I have to have one"

Personally I'll keep my 99 GTS and if I want more power I'll just mod it. Then I'll have the best of both worlds.

And I was soooo looking forward to seeing the 2008....

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like the car mags are finally happy with the changes? Should do good for the Viper marketing. Goal achieved, I guess!

It is interesting that 75% of the new Viper owners would be happy enough with the ole 06' model and power since they do not race them anyway. It is kind of sad that the magazines slaughtered the 06' Viper as much as they did when in reality driver awareness and ability makes up for so much more when you get into this insane realm. Guess anyone on the fence about a Viper and never races it, run out and buy a huge discount 06' and enjoy as you may never see this exact scenerio again.

I am very glad the new Viper has some more muscle and that they worked out some of the sticky points. I am a little disappointed that it did not go on more of a diet in terms of weight though.

So 5 colors named and three good ole standby colors. I assume that it will mean black, white and silver as the standbys. They have named a bright blue color so it is possible that GTS Blue was a one year color. Having just bought a GTS Blue w/SS coupe a month ago, I hope this is the case.

It will be very interesting to see and it is downplayed, but I think the biggest improvement is going to be the PS2 tires. Can't wait until someone runs an 06' with the new PS2 tires on it. I am VERY curious in these numbers.

Rick

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI, The "VCA" had the 2008 details at VOI. We are not allowed to release details until they are revealed to the press on press day at NAIAS.

By the way, the HP IS NOT THE BIG STORY OF THIS CAR...... sorry, you'll have to wait until press day to hear the rest of the story.... info that only the VCA knows :2tu:

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI, The "VCA" had the 2008 details at VOI. We are not allowed to release details until they are revealed to the press on press day at NAIAS.

By the way, the HP IS NOT THE BIG STORY OF THIS CAR...... sorry, you'll have to wait until press day to here the rest of the story.... info that only the VCA knows :2tu:

I'm going to guess a weight loss program.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that I went to sleep over this and did those chops I need to fill in my opinion...

Wow, That's all that needs to be said. My artistic side of me is saying okk no restyling change but a hood but I'm going to have to say I like it. Why couldn't they do this a few years back?! and that red! OMG that red is something I've waited to see on a viper for YEARS!

So I'll take a coupe in that burgendy red (black stripes please!) and a convert in blue....but I have to wait a few years, a few, FEW years. I can't afford viper payments now. I'm lucky to have a hood emblem...

600 HP-Well that was expected, Dodge was up to something with the black camo'ed hoods and the little gold lock, making sure no one would get inside. I said it on another forum. They added the HP all in the right places. Twin Turbos and Superchargers can still go under that hood. All assuming some one makes a big enough hood for the supercharger and enough space for them turbos.

Somebody mentioned about a change of the interior. I don't see anything different and neither do the magazines but that's ok. Those seats are comfy!

BTW good question...where's the fog lights? 22 images where released by DC (I would imagine, they seem like stock photos a company would take) and any one of the convert features a fog-light less front bumper.

--RS

P.S. Jay Herbet is pulling your leg it's not a diet program! It's more cupholders! :D

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score

By the way, the HP IS NOT THE BIG STORY OF THIS CAR...... sorry, you'll have to wait until press day to here the rest of the story.... info that only the VCA knows :2tu:

Could it be Vipers will once again be produced only if pre-sold (no more over production?)

-J

p.s. hi res press photo link:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-dodge-viper-srt-10/

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just glad i have a Gen2 because the SRT's STILL do nothing for me :) I'd imagine those crank 580hp numbers would be about 510-530ish to the wheels, that's a LOT :) Looks like us gen2's have to do more than just bolt on's and headwork to keep up.
My blower investment still keeps me on top of the game :) I wonder with the raised compression of this new motor to 10.2:1 how it will take forced induction?!?! I don't think it will be as boost friendly.

pitviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm hoping that the "big story" is a proper international racing effort and return to Le Mans...

pit

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang