2009 Viper orders re-open, YELLOW and SSG too!

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the only drivers stripe color available was red?

I hope they do allow the ssg and yellow drivers stripes.... yellow/black two tone is sweet.....

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The driver's stripe offering is another for sure opportunity to add $1,600 to the sticker and most ACR customers will bite!!! If they don't offer it, I bet Prefix will be getting some calls. However, it would sure be nice to have the driver stripe be factory instead of "custom".

C'mon SRT, please offer the driver's stripe for the new color options (yellow, SSG, blue)!!! The yellow ACR with the yellow driver's stripe is just mind blowing. :2tu:

viperpalmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will have to say the orders have been pouring in with the stipulation that the drivers stripe matches. I have to agree having it on the window sticker means alot. Heres hoping.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come -on Dodge if we are going out lets do it with flair!!!! Give us are drivers stripe on SSG, Yellow ,and GTS Blue:headbang::headbang: Did anyone notice they are not charging extra for any of the new colors..??Kevin

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin - Unfortunately, you may be stuck with no driver stripe even if they do make it available. I don't believe changes can be made to the order once you are in "D" status with a VIN. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is the case. :dunno:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin - Unfortunately, you may be stuck with no driver stripe even if they do make it available. I don't believe changes can be made to the order once you are in "D" status with a VIN. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is the case. :dunno:

i think u actually can

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think u actually can

I'm hearing that, too, as long as your dealer is willing to really push it and talk to the right people. This particular situation is a little more complex, though. I would personally like to have a matching driver's stripe and that's not something that SRT is going to do - I think it's red or nothing. The problem is that the paint for the matching stripe could be hard to match perfectly to the paint on the body panels - especially with SSG and Blue. The red is reasonably easy.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hearing that, too, as long as your dealer is willing to really push it and talk to the right people. This particular situation is a little more complex, though. I would personally like to have a matching driver's stripe and that's not something that SRT is going to do - I think it's red or nothing. The problem is that the paint for the matching stripe could be hard to match perfectly to the paint on the body panels - especially with SSG and Blue. The red is reasonably easy.

Well, that's good to know. They have got to offer the blue/yellow/SSG driver's stripe. The driver's stripe completes the car and is like the "trademark" of the ACR. SRT?

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, that's good to know. They have got to offer the blue/yellow/SSG driver's stripe. The driver's stripe completes the car and is like the "trademark" of the ACR. SRT?

On the Black and the Red cars (and possibly Graphite), I'd definitely agree that the red driver's stripe is a must have. On the other two-tone cars, though, I'm personally on the fence. I think it looks OK, but not a must-have. A matching color driver's stripe would be a no-brainer if they decided to do it. That's probably going to take them much too much thought and preparation to make happen in time for this model run, though.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the Black and the Red cars (and possibly Graphite), I'd definitely agree that the red driver's stripe is a must have. On the other two-tone cars, though, I'm personally on the fence. I think it looks OK, but not a must-have. A matching color driver's stripe would be a no-brainer if they decided to do it. That's probably going to take them much too much thought and preparation to make happen in time for this model run, though.

Do the red stripe, you will not regret it.

Bruce

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gals? What are gals? There is someone else on here that refers to a Viper as "him.".... Have I missed something? are these cars becoming human???

I have to agree...I call the Vipers we've had and have as 'BEASTS'...THAT's what they are! Never got into the 'she' and 'he' for cars? That's for your significant other! :cool:
~juli

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was told you have until D1 to make changes..Crap these cars are MONTHS away from even thinking of building them let alone starting to roll down the line..I cant believe they would be so stupid as to not offer it as ALL ACRs go to Prefix anyway..That said I will not die if I cant get it factory,plenty of good shops in my area to get it done as I feel like you Brian the stripe completes the ACR paint package..Kevin

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have to agree the drivers stripe is needed. take for example the white and black acr without the stripe nice looking car, add the red stripe and it just finishes off the car. same with the graphite/black nice but add the red stripe and wow. i think the blue and yellow acr with the red stripe will look great, the ssg i believe wont. my 2 cents.

Painkiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When is production going to resume? If production does resume, will the car still be a Dodge?

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Production is 'supposed' to get going in April from what I heard. Anything ordered now will 'probably' be built in the June timeframe. If you order it now, I believe it will have to be a Dodge since that's what's on your purchase agreement. To be anything else, you'd have to agree to the change, and I doubt Chrysler will want to go through that mess - a lot of sold orders would probably be cancelled because the customer isn't getting what they ordered. All in all, if you order now and your order says Dodge Viper, you get a Dodge Viper...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi