2009 Who has one?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2nd year out is 9 times out of 10 better than the first year out....is this situation different and bucking the trend?

why does everyone think its a new 1 st year car(08) its not,its basically the same as a 03 but a few little tweaks as every single car on the planet gets these every year.its really not a new gen 4 car,they just state it for marketing and brainwashing,its all business and they know people will take the bait,dont be scared of the 08,pick what ever year in 03 to 09 u want.they are all a little differant,and so is your tahoe or bmw in the driveway

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have to think that is true in most cases, but the 08-09 is alot more changed then just a few little tweaks here and there--visually--you are right--aside from the hood they are almost identical, but they did a majore reworking on the motor-exhaust-tires-transmission--quite a bit more then a little tweaked.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have to think that is true in most cases, but the 08-09 is alot more changed then just a few little tweaks here and there--visually--you are right--aside from the hood they are almost identical, but they did a majore reworking on the motor-exhaust-tires-transmission--quite a bit more then a little tweaked.

true but it doesnt change that u should be leary of the 08,transmission and gears,motor,its all the same design basically,people act like the 06 is a 82 corvette and the 08 is a 84,now that is a big design change in every way u split it.u can safely call a 08 a minor tweeked car for the better

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think it definately warrants the gen 4 status. It is a larger horspower jump than from gen2 to gen 3

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I win I win!!!---j/k

go figure--and I am torn between an 08 and and an 01/02!

get the 08,drive one and u will throw rocks at the older one(boy is that statement gona throw some red flags!)not putting the older ones down by any means,new stuff is just so awsom.

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats what I am afraid of--had an 04 and liked it, afraid going into an 02 that I would be unhappy, but man --the 08 does not have anything on the gen 2 body style--if anything--the gen 2 are far prettier........

this one is pretty hot though!!

You must be registered for see images attach

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
drive a 08 and all the sudden the 08 will look better,just like at the bars,the more u drink,the better lookn she gets, the more u drive a 08,the more u love it!:lmao:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
This is just my opinion and it seems as if it I don't agree with most.

I drove an early 08 Coupe and didn't like the throttle response at all. I had trouble getting the car moving from a stop on a slight incline, i.e. had to rev the engine a bit more. Blipping the throttle for downshifts was very slow and throttle response (compared to my 01, 04 and 06) was also slow. Just stabbing the throttle trying to rev the car you will notice that the throttle reponse is slower.

I have about 1000 miles on my 2009 ACR and I will tell you that the throttle response is better than the 2008 car that I drove. While this one car may not be representative of all 2008's, there was a difference in throttle repsonse. The 2009 throttle response is not great compared with our older cars without the "drive by wire" system, but you can live with it. You just have to anticipate a bit more.

Also, the 2009 car feels stronger, pulls smoother and harder. I haven't had this car on a dyno yet, so maybe my SOTP dyno is wrong, we'll see.

I'm sure you could get accustomed to driving the 08 or 09 and very likely, the will be some variance between individual cars.

I'd buy the one I wanted regardless of year.

3.33's or shorter rear tires would improve the performance of either car.

Dan

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with you Dan! as I stated earlier in this thread. You need to own both to feel the difference.

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is just my opinion and it seems as if it I don't agree with most.

I drove an early 08 Coupe and didn't like the throttle response at all. I had trouble getting the car moving from a stop on a slight incline, i.e. had to rev the engine a bit more. Blipping the throttle for downshifts was very slow and throttle response (compared to my 01, 04 and 06) was also slow. Just stabbing the throttle trying to rev the car you will notice that the throttle reponse is slower.

I have about 1000 miles on my 2009 ACR and I will tell you that the throttle response is better than the 2008 car that I drove. While this one car may not be representative of all 2008's, there was a difference in throttle repsonse. The 2009 throttle response is not great compared with our older cars without the "drive by wire" system, but you can live with it. You just have to anticipate a bit more.

Also, the 2009 car feels stronger, pulls smoother and harder. I haven't had this car on a dyno yet, so maybe my SOTP dyno is wrong, we'll see.

I'm sure you could get accustomed to driving the 08 or 09 and very likely, the will be some variance between individual cars.

I'd buy the one I wanted regardless of year.

3.33's or shorter rear tires would improve the performance of either car.

Dan

What's strange is that I drove my friends 09 ACR back to back with my 08 ACR, and we both felt that the 09 felt much weaker, slower throttle response, and did not pull as hard. Maybe it is the extra weight in the 09;)

OP
OP
V

viperfuntime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's strange is that I drove my friends 09 ACR back to back with my 08 ACR, and we both felt that the 09 felt much weaker, slower throttle response, and did not pull as hard. Maybe it is the extra weight in the 09;)
Okay here we go! :eater:

If you read what was said by SRT in the other thread you will see the weight is insignificant. 3 lbs for frame upgrade over 2008's, and 6 lbs for the solid half shafts. So 9lbs more. But if you get the 6 spokes subtract 30lbs. That equates to a savings of 21lbs. Net weight savings of 2009 vs 2008 is 21lbs.

Since my comparison has always been 2009 coupe versus 2008 coupe (both non-acr) I think the 2009 sounds like a more refined, safer, and slightly lighter vehicle. The fact of the matter is each car is different and they all are great. You can't go wrong with 08 or 09.