2014 Corvette

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its amazing to me how many comments have been made about part of the new C7 design was copied from the Gen V.

I guess this stems from people spending to much time on a computer and loosing touch with reality. Lets do a photo shop here and a photo shop there...and all is changed !! Push of a button.

Pretty ignorant statements really.

These designs were done a long time ago. Testing for fit, airflow etc. Then all the tooling and molds were created. Do you really think that someone will come in at the last minute to change 100K ++ molds just because they just seen a shape they like better and then start part of the process over again. Yeah...try to get that past the bean counters. These last months have been all about trying to make the transition smoother from the current cars to the new ones. GM has not had the luxury of having an empty, non operational factory like SRT did. They cant afford much down time and that last thing they are thinking about is changing the way the car looks, and everything that is associated with that.

Face it.....if may have similar features to some other performance cars. Fact is that the Gen V is not a revolutionary design by any means. I am not saying its bad, its has its own unique look and feel but a trend setter its definitely not.

Matt

Last edited:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought an extra day with these C7 pictures might change my mind. Nope, just not feeling that car at all. Would wait for a completely new Mustang in 2014 if I was in the $50k territory.

Guess at 39 I must be feeling real old as I hate black wheels, but everyone is going that direction which I just don't understand. Really dislike the angular Nissan Godzilla and this copy cat Vette C7. What is happening in the car world these days? Just don't understand what any of you can possible see good in that big plastic rear? It is beyond horrible. The outgoing ZO6, GS and ZR1 may look a little dated but they are 10 times better looking that this Transformer wannabe.

The only common thing I keep hearing is well it is cheap at $50K so I will buy one and use like a Shake-N-Bake bag, like an appliance and throw away when done becuase it is cheap. While cheap, I think the comments are more assuring to SRT that they need a another vehicle in the $50K to $75K range. Maybe the new SRT Cuda. If they had that alternative, I doubt people would be flocking over this vette. Honestly, it is a lego set of everyone else's hot spots with no flow.

I feel like I am in the twlight zone.

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling the next few years will have a lot of amazing cars coming our way with the last of the real non-hybrid engine sports cars and super cars. Corvette, Viper, Porsche 911 variants, Aston Martin models, Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, Maseratti's, etc..... All are equally great in their own way, and all have their dedicated fan boys. I appreciate each one for what they are but choose to buy the ones that fit my taste the best (and what my wallet and wife will allow at the time). I am just getting sick of reading all the copy-cat nonsense talk on the various topics on this forum and the bashing of the Viper or the C6 ZR1 or new C7. Anyone who thinks that Chevy would redesign the C7 to look like the Viper after years of R&D once they saw what the Viper looked like or vice versa is kidding themselves.

Most sports cars are examples of fine art in my opinion, with some exceptions. With the next gen Corvette and Viper, it's like comparing a Picaso with the Mona Lisa in my opinion. Both are amazing works of art and I don't necessarily love every part of either of them, but some people fall under one camp and some into the opposite side. You can point out the flaws in each, but at the end of the day, the differences in opinions out there are what make the world go round. Trying to get others to agree with you is not going to work, and if we all agreed with each other, the world would be a really boring place. To that point, I went to a local Cars and Croissants this weekend with my Viper, and saw some of the finest examples of almost every brand of car out there, and loved every second of it. Of course, my car was one of the best there (OK, I might be a bit biased), but it wouldn't have been nearly as fun without the GTR's, Corvettes, Porsche's, etc, there as well. Hell, I'd buy a Porsche 911 4S as a daily driver any day of the week if my wife would give me the green light. I am personally really looking forward to having some hands on time in one of these C7's as well as a Gen V Viper. Finding a dealer that will let me do that will now be the challenge.....I'll probably have to show up in the Viper to get any attention from the dealers at all.

At the end of the day, a C6 or C7 Corvette makes a great daily driver (except in the winter) as they are a dime a dozen on the road and affordable enough to enjoy to that regard, while the Z06 is for more of an enthusiast/potential collector, but if you are looking for a true collector car that is sure to be rare and worth it's weight in gold in 20+ years, the Corvette ZR1 or any Viper model is a pretty sure thing IMO. I also do agree that owning a Viper is a far more exclusive club than even having a ZR1 just simply because they are so rare with so few produced and sold.....

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot believe the Viper world is giving the vette the time of day.....whoopee doooooo....if I wanna read about a vette I would go to the vette forum....I care less about the vette of 2014 or when ever......I am just surprised to see everyone soooo interested in the vette....I'm done.....

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I cannot believe the Viper world is giving the vette the time of day.....whoopee doooooo....if I wanna read about a vette I would go to the vette forum....I care less about the vette of 2014 or when ever......I am just surprised to see everyone soooo interested in the vette....I'm done.....

Why would you get so butt-hurt because people are talking about a new car that is a competitor? It is completely relevant. Would you rather everyone just high-five each other and pretend like there is no other car in the world worth driving or even discussing other than a viper?

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like all the cars pictured above but now that I look at the Gen V those Gen 2 retro gills just look too dated next to those other 3. They are all unique but the new vette will most assuredly be a homerun. Well done to both GM and SRT. This can only be fun as the bar is being raised very quickly.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you get so butt-hurt because people are talking about a new car that is a competitor? It is completely relevant. Would you rather everyone just high-five each other and pretend like there is no other car in the world worth driving or even discussing other than a viper?

You must have a Vette.......you sure are not a Viper person........I have owned 25 Vettes and if I wanted one, I would buy one......You need to go to the Vette forum....I bet you do anyway....I don't consider a Vette any competition.........and I won't say what I think about YOU.........bye bye ' GOD MADE VIPERS SO VETTE BOYS WOULD HAVE HEROS" :omg: :nono: :D

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must have a Vette.......you sure are not a Viper person........I have owned 25 Vettes and if I wanted one, I would buy one......You need to go to the Vette forum....I bet you do anyway....I don't consider a Vette any competition.........and I won't say what I think about YOU.........bye bye ' GOD MADE VIPERS SO VETTE BOYS WOULD HAVE HEROS" :omg: :nono: :D

hahaha, ok, you figured me out. I can't fool you!

Because you own a vette, you don't have to hate vipers. Because you own a viper, you don't have to hate vettes. I love talking a little trash to friends who have rival cars, but it's just for fun. To take some sort of alliance to a single car or manufacturer for no real reason just sort of shows a lack of intelligence. To react the way you did not only reinforces that, but it shows how insecure you are.

Consider the vette competition or not, it doesn't matter. It is. The base model not so much but the ZR1 will be, you can bet your butt on that. The Zo6 might give vipers a good run for the money if the viper doesn't step up it's game by the time it comes out.

So am I a vette guy? Well, I'm a car guy. I am not going to turn my back on a good car because I have claimed some sort of silly loyalty to another one. I did go out and test drive a Zo6 before buying my third viper but I thoroughly enjoy the vipers more.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like all the cars pictured above but now that I look at the Gen V those Gen 2 retro gills just look too dated next to those other 3. They are all unique but the new vette will most assuredly be a homerun. Well done to both GM and SRT. This can only be fun as the bar is being raised very quickly.

Damn, when you see them grouped together the old clownshoe does look dated.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see your problem right now........You are from Hollywood..........that explains it all......the smog has affected your peanut brain......
:headbang: :dunno: :nono:

What is wrong with you? I thought you said you were done? We like cars, we talk about cars. There are plenty of other sections and threads on this site to talk only about the Viper.

We are 'Car People' not 'Viper People'.

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would think that someone that has owned 25 !!!! Corvettes would have some sort of appreciation for them.

...and the Vette certainly is plenty of competition as shown by the recent test using the 'old and current' version.

having said that....competition certainly is a good thing as it creates better products

Matt

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is wrong with you? I thought you said you were done? We like cars, we talk about cars. There are plenty of other sections and threads on this site to talk only about the Viper.

No joke and well said. Though I prefer the Viper, I would consider myself privileged to own both a Viper and a Vette. RoysViper sounds like a teenager arguing the Domestic vs. Import fight. Yes this a Viper forum, but we all love cars in general and when our most competent competitor comes out with something new, we would like to discuss it. You don't want to talk about it or read it? Go to another part of this forum that is discussing only Viper related stuff. Grow up

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No joke and well said. Though I prefer the Viper, I would consider myself privileged to own both a Viper and a Vette. RoysViper sounds like a teenager arguing the Domestic vs. Import fight. Yes this a Viper forum, but we all love cars in general and when our most competent competitor comes out with something new, we would like to discuss it. You don't want to talk about it or read it? Go to another part of this forum that is discussing only Viper related stuff. Grow up

Agree entirely. This guy sounds like a punk kid trying to stir up trouble and start a fight with Makara who didn't say anything to deserve that at all. This is the first time I've seen someone on the Viper forum act like this as everyone else has been very helpful and enjoyable to talk to.

You have to respect the competition especially when they just upped their game and are priced significantly less than you. Like the C7 or not, it is going to command SRT's attention to up their game even more before other higher versions of the C7 come to market and that is why we should care about it if for no other reason. This is a actually a very good thing. And even if we all love Vipers on here, I guarantee you that almost all of us drive other cars, and might even own other sports cars as we are car guys and can appreciate a nice and capable car when we see it. Anyone who has tunnel vision and only likes one make and model alone is missing out on all the flavors out there to taste and enjoy.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[Q

Ok jersey....go to the car people thread....THIS IS A VIPER THREAD.....

UOTE=ohlarikd;3144200]What is wrong with you? I thought you said you were done? We like cars, we talk about cars. There are plenty of other sections and threads on this site to talk only about the Viper.

We are 'Car People' not 'Viper People'.[/QUOTE]

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is a mean looking piece. This is the base model. I respect what they have done. It will be interesting to see what they do with the new performance variants. I expect a vehicle capable of beating the 2010 ACR time at the Ring. But unless SRT is not tuned in to what is happening in Detroit, SRT knows this and is busy configuring their own monster. Ralph has suggested same in some of his recent public comments.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I see your problem right now........You are from Hollywood..........that explains it all......the smog has affected your peanut brain......
:headbang: :dunno: :nono:

You have consistently demonstrated your superior intelligence with the sharp wit in your posts, great use of the headbang emoticon, occasional complete failure to actually figure out how to use quotes on this forum, and you figured out I live in Hollywood. Clearly, I am the inferior mind.

Well, go write emails to yourself about how the only car in the world is a viper and fill them with more emoticons than a 13 year old girl. The rest of us who love not only vipers, but cars will discuss healthy competition to the viper and share in our passion for driving sports cars, regardless of who's badge is on the hood.

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[Q

Ok jersey....go to the car people thread....THIS IS A VIPER THREAD.....

UOTE=ohlarikd;3144200]What is wrong with you? I thought you said you were done? We like cars, we talk about cars. There are plenty of other sections and threads on this site to talk only about the Viper.

[/QUOTE]
[Q

Last time I checked, this was a 2014 CORVETTE THREAD on a VIPER FORUM. If you don't want to hear people discuss their positive and negative thoughts on one of the Viper's biggest competition, or any other sports car for that matter, then go to another thread on the Viper forum that is not titled "2014 CORVETTE". But stop making dumb remarks on here. Clearly you are not making any friends on this thread and nobody is drinking your cool aid as you look less intelligent with every nonsensical attacking post you put on here. We are all here because we are "Viper guys", but are also car lovers in general and don't care if that offends you as you should take a look at the title of this thread again.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know what they put in your koOL aid in HOBOKEN but your dumb remarks back to me will get more back to you ......I have owned now on my 10th VIPER and do not give a ------ what you care or have to say and because you feel the VIPER community will turn on me or not.....you are what I see as a piece of vette crap and it's just like a football team you root for...my loyalty right this minute is to the VIPER and oh ZR crap.....when you have TWIN TURBO VIPERS, who gives a crap about ZR anything Dush bag....Bring it again and you will get more from me.....go drool over the vette forum.....On the VETTE forum they only BASH VIPERS ALL DAY and act like Viper is a word they are afraid of because they know Viper rules any day........ Eat my exhaust fumes Hoboken....

You still haven't figured out how to use quotes yet lol.

So, you say that the vette guys bash vipers all day long because they know that the viper is a superior car. You laugh at their insecurity, yet you seem to demonstrate the very same behavior as them. Clearly, with 25 vettes and 10 vipers, you can't be insecure about your cars so what is it you are making up for?

Your loyalty is with viper? You have loyalty in a car? lol You would buy a car that is inferior to another because you have loyalty to an inanimate object? You call us stupid and think we are drinking the kool-aid? I love vipers, bought my first when I was pretty young and have owned them most of my adult life and I hope that they continue to stay the world class sports car that I expect them to be, but never acknowledging another sports car because of loyalty? I'd call it blindness.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahem, Getting back on track...

After looking at the new vette pics I can say I haven't seen one in decades that I liked until this one. I don't think they looked good after the mid-60's and certainly not good in last 15 yrs.
This is a step in the right direction for them. This car looks aggresive as it should.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

In this photo (this particular angle) I would have to say the Vette wins, Ferrari #2, Lexus #3, Viper #4, and Nissan last. The Nissan gets last because it looks like a Mitsubishi/Subaru, and the Viper next to last because it looks out of date and not as exoctic. I don't know how I would vote if the view was front the back & side except I hate the back of the Vette at least in pictures.

I will say that the Viper picture is a little washed out so it does not show the lines of the car as good.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, I just added a little comment about that on my post. You are right about quality of the photos. I really like the Vette's stance the best.