$3,500 for your OEM 5 spoke wheels/tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgt1031

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need a set of 2006 or 2008 5 spoke OEM wheels/tires in MINT condition shipped to Orlando, FL. Hennessey just sold a set for $2,700 on Ebay with 200 miles on them, but I missed the auction.

Thanks!

OP
OP
D

dgt1031

Enthusiast
Reaction score
already did. His price was way over market...Hennessey sells takeoffs for 3k with tires when in stock, so I am next on the list to buy, but he doesnt know when they will be in.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SO let me get this straight ... YOU want 5 spoke rims with tires shipped for $3500...WOW...more power to you , hope the wait isn't a lifetime

OP
OP
D

dgt1031

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just talk to any of the guys about the trade in value. I spoke to one dealer yesterday and he buys BRAND NEW takeoffs all day at $2,500.

He said dealer cost on a new OEM set never touched is $3,100. (wheels only)

They are still making money on the deal at my $3,500 offer with used tires.

softuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
First call should be to JonB at PartsRack ! Online Shopping - Home usually he has some take-offs or trade-ins

Thanks Mike..... JonB

already did. His price was way over market...Hennessey sells takeoffs for 3k with tires when in stock, so I am next on the list to buy, but he doesnt know when they will be in.

JonB here, Thank you for your inquiry (below)

In a message dated 5/14/2008 7:57:02 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, derrick@pai writes:
2006 or 2008 5 spoke OEM viper wheels...Doyou have a set you can let go for 3k? Derrick

PartsRacks reply was sorry, no.

But THANKS FOR THINKING OF US, I appreciate the inquiry. We take trades on HRE and FORGELINE, so Stock Changes every week: We just sold a great 19-20 HRE 540R set and also have a STARTACH 20"set as well, but those are above the $3500 level. And we DO have an 06 set with tires coming in at the THREAD PRICE but not at $3000............... and U are in FL and we in WA, a looong shipper.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dgt1031

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I just bought my new 5 spoke OEM wheels from XVIPERS at the price I wanted to pay.

I also saved money and bought the 2008 hood and pad too.

Thanks for everyone's help in the PM's

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SO how much did u pay for the rims...The information would be valuable for all of us as maybe we need to adjust our market expectations.....

BESIDES .. you cannot have people(including a well known vendor) on this board question your pricing expectations only to have you state that you got the deal you wanted WITHOUT you stating the purchase price.....

OP
OP
D

dgt1031

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't want to hurt JonB because I hear good things about him all the time.
This is the story in a nutshell:
I offered 3k to Jon per my email and he declined. Another vendor accepted my same offer.
Same deal with the hood. I offered JonB my purchase price and he declined, so I shopped around and bought it from XVipers.
XVipers earned my business the old fashioned way. (Best price for the same product)
Mike at XVipers is very knowledgable and has great prices. The savings allowed me to buy more for my car.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So u paid 3k for the 5 spokes ( the xviper website list the 5 spoke rims at over $1300 each).....with or without tires?

AND you are not hurting jonb because if his prices are being beat then i'm sure he will adjust if he feels it warrants that.....I do know from experience in purchasing from him that his follow up service if there is a problem is second to none

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks..... you will love those ... the 5 spokes and h rims look great ....i haven't seen the razors yet

AND in fairness to jonb it looks like that your offer to him for 3K was for rims and tires.... Anyways enough rumbling ... enjoy the rims

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thread is dead because you were full of ****.

I'm sorry, but I have a sorted past with JonB and one thing I can say, is he is straight forward. You sound a little shaddy trying to leave out the details that this wonderful price you got was without Tires (until someone asked).. $3k all day long you can get them without tires. Throw in a perfect set of tires and wheel sensors and that price EASILY meets a $3500+ price tag PLUS shipping.

I like giving JonB **** as much as the next guy, but in this case, you did a bait and switch. You wanted Tires and Rims, and got JUST rims for that price..

I'd take JonB any day of the week, for something the price WONT tell you... he supports the F outta his customers. Hope you have NO issues with those wheels. Cuz if you do, you MIGHT not get the service Jon B gives his customers. Point in case, I had a rim that got scratched in transit, had NOTHING to do with Jon B, however, he handled the whole process of getting a NEW replacement sent to me, and had pick up and delivery of the other one done for me. I didnt have to pay any additional fee, or have someting charged on my card for a conditional credit when the scratched one was return.

Sorry, price isnt the ONLY thing that matters.

Congrats on your buy, but JonB 4 Me.

JonA

OP
OP
D

dgt1031

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless someone misunderstood, I was never offered new 5 spoke takeoffs for 3k. There is also an ad on the forum classified for $4,100 on H-spoke (wheels only)
I appreciate your loyalty to JonB, but I am honest buyer who is straight forward and tried to help the forum out by providing the name of the vendor who gave me the best deal.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless someone misunderstood, I was never offered new 5 spoke takeoffs for 3k. There is also an ad on the forum classified for $4,100 on H-spoke (wheels only)
I appreciate your loyalty to JonB, but I am honest buyer who is straight forward and tried to help the forum out by providing the name of the vendor who gave me the best deal.

THEN *** WAS THIS???

OP
OP
D

dgt1031

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can I bait and switch myself? I wanted to pay 3k for the wheels and the only vendor that would meet my price was XVIPERS.

No other vendor offered the unblemished wheels at 3k.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can I bait and switch myself? I wanted to pay 3k for the wheels and the only vendor that would meet my price was XVIPERS.

No other vendor offered the unblemished wheels at 3k.

not yourself, but what you were saying.

You certainly made it sound like you got the wheels and tires for $3000.

Only after another memeber asked did you clear up that you ONLY got the wheels for $3000.

This threads TITLE is ALSO an indicator of you TRYING to get Wheels and Tires... so only after you explained you got them for $3000 and they didnt include tires, did we understand it wasnt that great of a deal.

What ever happen to being next on Hesseyes list? Yeah, probably more bs.. Enjoy your rims, try to be more clear in your posts to not make it look like JonB is price gouging.

Jon

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not yourself, but what you were saying.

You certainly made it sound like you got the wheels and tires for $3000.

Only after another memeber asked did you clear up that you ONLY got the wheels for $3000.

This threads TITLE is ALSO an indicator of you TRYING to get Wheels and Tires... so only after you explained you got them for $3000 and they didnt include tires, did we understand it wasnt that great of a deal.

Jon

Ditto :2tu:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn... I saw where it said "1Tony1" posted.. and I thought... "F... Tony and I are about to have it out.." again.. lol

If the world stops spinning or hell freezes over now, its because Jon and Tony actually agreed on something for once!

Jon

OP
OP
D

dgt1031

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My mistake. I wanted the wheels and tires for 3.5, but I ended up with just the wheels for 3.

Sorry for the confusion or my misleading statements. This forum is great and I enjoy reading it all the time.

Also, No BS....Hennessey already told me I could have the next set for 3k with tires, but he had no timeframe on when it would happen. I recommend emailing him if you don't mind waiting for his next set to come in.

GTSFE304

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cut the guy some slack already. Is this a car forum or a court of law? I think it is wonderful to support established vendors but you guys took this issue way too far on this newbie- to the point of extracting an apology. I wouldn't have taken the crap you guys dished out so readily. If you want to act like that go get a law degree and find yourself a courtroom. This is a Viper forum.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$3500 for rims only is about right! thats what i paid last year. these are the most popular and most demanded wheels for gen III vipers . those razors and 10 spokes are butt ugly and not worth anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang