96 gts #7. rare? whats it worth?

NASCAR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hi,
i am new to the forum and just wondering if anyone knows anything about this car. i was told that the first 10 gts vipers in 96 went to the top brass at chrysler. just wondering what you guys thought it was worth. and if anyone is interested. its a 96 gts coupe with 11k miles on it. has borla exhaust and a shifter. and the rear gear was changed to make it more driveable. any info would be great. just wondering if it worth more because it is number 7. VIN #1b3er69e7tv200007. thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_20160811_143147213.jpg
    IMG_20160811_143147213.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_20160811_143211536_TOP.jpg
    IMG_20160811_143211536_TOP.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 164

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I saw it for sale on July 8th, did you buy it or are you selling it?

OP
OP
N

NASCAR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks for the info. i am selling it. i have it up for 56k. i had a couple people interested but both were actually to big to get in and out of the car. i didnt know if i was asking to much or not. it is a very clean car and i just didnt know if the vin actually made the car more desirable or not. i think 47 is a little bit low. i would probly take 50 for the car if someone was serious.

AZMotorgod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stand strong. $50-55 is not unreasonable for a good looking clean example with such low miles.

I believe after '17 these are going to just keep going up, up, up!

OP
OP
N

NASCAR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks again for the info guys. i will probly end up taking around 52-54

OP
OP
N

NASCAR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
update here guys, the car is still available and i am dropping the price to 52k, firm. if interested let me know. 810 304 1822. thanks.

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're not under a lot of pressure, I don't know that I'd sell this car without doing a little research. There has to be some interesting history behind this car.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly the only sequential VINs were on the
1998 GT2s. Its an interesting number for sure, but I dont think
it was the 7th built either GTS or 1996. That being said I think
the VIN would only be a sellng point to someone who doesnt
understand automotive assembly (ie, not a car collector.)

Also, in terms of rarity, there were three White GTSs built
and given to the "brass" of Dodge. One of those would definitely
be worth more than the average GTS.

Good luck with the sale, looks like a pretty car nonetheless...

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NASCAR. What is the MDH number on your door label? This will tell when the car was produced. I know cars weren't run with sequential VIN's but with a new model car, I would think the early VIN's would be controlled.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and i catch Sh*t when i was asking 58K for my 96. What did you do to get some butts in your seat?

OP
OP
N

NASCAR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
srry for the delay guys. i know the history of this car. it was sold to a top chrysler executive new. he just traded it in at my dealership. i am almost 100%certain that the vin number is accurate in that it WAS the 7th gts ever built. i will look at the MDH Number? tomorrow.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well if it was a Chihuahua fart would it be worth less than say a Great Dane fart? Seems to me it depends on how big a fart the Executive was ? Say Tom Gale or Bob Lutz , now that would be a pretty important fart imho.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
i know the history of this car.

Knowing the history of a car and proving the history of a car
are two very different things in the marketplace. I knew for a
fact that my GTS was driven previously by a little old lady who
only drove it to the post office to get stamps... turns out it was
Zoomie, and the stamps were all over the east coast...

In all seriousness, get paperwork proving your providence and
you'll see your offers rise. Otherwise you have one of the most
desirable GTS combos and a cool VIN, but really nothing more.
You'll sell eventually at the price you want... but the higher the
amount the longer youre going to wait...

Good luck!

Viperman1974

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'd be crazy to go lower than $52k, stay firm. Honestly you should really try to hold on to that car, the values are only going up!

GTSgreg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To anyone interested...
I purchased this #7 car from the dealership! Couldnt be happier with the car so far! After trailering it home, i went through all the documentation, including original bill of sale, shipping order, manuals, and service records. On the Bill of sale, had the original owners phone number, so i gave him a ring and got to speak with him. He was a class-act of a fellow. Spoke with me for about a half hour on the phone. Told me at the time he bought the car brand new, he was the Vice President of Chrysler. The first 10 GTS cars to be made were offered to Chrysler execs, and to be eligible to purchase the new GTS, you had to own a previous model RT/10 (which he did), and so he got the #7 car.
Apparently the first car off the line was crushed according to him? (Didn't get into further details about that, but id like to know more) So he said technically this is the 6th Viper off the production line.
He informed me he had the original window sticker, professionally framed, along with a huge binder full of original shop manuals, and offered to ship it all to me! The window sticker says "This vehicle was built especially for him". Nice to confirm the history from the guy himself, and to have that documentation to authenticate it.

If anyone else knows anything else about this car, or any of the other 10 cars that claim to have gone to execs, please share!

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Just to make it interesting for you. (I don't have all the build dates, so this is based on the VIN sequence). So in reality it means nothing, nothing at all

anyway....... The first 10

001-006 RT/10's (2 Red, 2 Black, 1 White, 1 Dark Green)
007-010 GTS's

007-13 where the first 7 GTS's
215 - 8
554-555 9 &10

001-008 Drop Ship Michigan
009-010 Drop Ship Arizona

Names....... No idea

GTSgreg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to make it interesting for you. (I don't have all the build dates, so this is based on the VIN sequence). So in reality it means nothing, nothing at all

anyway....... The first 10

001-006 RT/10's (2 Red, 2 Black, 1 White, 1 Dark Green)
007-010 GTS's

007-13 where the first 7 GTS's
215 - 8
554-555 9 &10

001-008 Drop Ship Michigan
009-010 Drop Ship Arizona

Names....... No idea

Thanks for all that info! If those are true, and my car is VIN 007, is there a possibility my car was the first GTS ever produced? And where might you have found all that information so I could scour around and investigate? Thanks! Merry Christmas

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another idea. It seems to me that a James Bond movie fan might want to purchase this car. There must be a website for them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper