A few pics of the SRT Viper and Viper GTS at the Texas Invitational

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This past weekend, I attended the Texas Invitational in Caddo Mills, TX. The basic premise of the event is to provide an opportunity for owners to stretch out their legs in a safe and controlled environment, on a runway against another opponent. Several of the cars attending make well over 1000whp, and the ones that are competitive make over 1500rwhp. Bernie Katz from Tomball Dodge had a 2013 SRT with the track package trailered up to the event, and I was able to snap some pics of the car on the trailer. Later on, Cody from Whitehead Motorsports brought his personal Launch Edition (#005), and the two lined up for a race from about 60mph, to around 140mph, with Cody's GTS beating the SRT Track Pack. I didn't get to snap any photos of the race, but a friend of mine doing coverage for the event snapped a couple of photos, and I'm sure the video will be up soon. I also was given an opportunity by Cody to sit in his Viper, and this was something I've hoped to do for a while. I felt at home like I did in my 2008 Viper, but I was really impressed with the new interior.

For those interested in the event www.TexasSpeedSyndicate.com has more information.

Here are a few photos I took of the cars in the pit area:

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks to Mark Laster and Dave Stevens for the excellent coverage of the event. Their individual galleries are below with a couple more photos I haven't posted below, and also here's a photo of the two cars making a pass.

http://dwstevens.smugmug.com/Cars/T...-2013/28897722_rbp3xm#!i=2457620427&k=zGPRFRb

http://www.kenmarkstudios.com/Cars/...-2013/28921663_cRLWDr#!i=2457750909&k=qKVdzKm

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I like this shot..shows the detail in the GTS hood that I never realized was there...
( sorry the image is so small ..not sure how to enlarge or embed images in a reply)

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't think that car is damned ****, there is something wrong with you.

The black grill doesn't bother me at all anymore. I thought painted would be necessary at first, but daaaamn

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, this is a good shot to view the rear gaps people were asking about in the white car

While they could be tighter, they don't bother me much

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah and as for the gaps once I park it at a meet I'll prolly just open the clam shell hood, the doors and the hatch anyway so people can check it out, so its kinda moot for me.

Even with the hatch closed, the gaps dont appear so bad. I want MINE!!!!

F

FrgMstr

yeah and as for the gaps once I park it at a meet I'll prolly just open the clam shell hood, the doors and the hatch anyway so people can check it out, so its kinda moot for me.

Even with the hatch closed, the gaps dont appear so bad. I want MINE!!!!

I went over to Dallas Dodge and checked out the Launch Edition car it has there, and the gaps around the hood were very uneven side to side. Big on one, small on the other. The rear hatch had gaps in it at the top edge of the tail that were big enough to put my index finger in. It just did not seem to be what it should in those terms for the $160K asking price.

Great shots though!

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the hood can get some "forgiveness" in having gaps - seeing as it is a massive clamshell.

But, the trunk thats should fit well.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think guys like me that have had gen 3 and 4 cars, some cars were perfect and some cars you could throw a cat through the gaps. the gen 5 car will still be way better.

Killer33

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would also mention that sometimes when closing of the hatch or hood it can be a little tricky. Having done this myself 7 or 8 times, if you do not close with even pressure sometimes a gap will appear and they can be uneven. All in all the fit and finish is great. I've also had Gen II, Gen III and Gen IV cars, the only difference is the hatch and hood on Gen V's is much lighter and is a little more flexible due in part to the carbon fiber.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hopefully the bugs will be worked out on the 1st few hundred builds and mine will be str8.

time will tell. tick tock.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I like this shot..shows the detail in the GTS hood that I never realized was there...
( sorry the image is so small ..not sure how to enlarge or embed images in a reply)

Very nice. Here you go:

attachment.php

Not Dads

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just found this, sorry for the repost... I figured it was a '14 since everyones '14's are coming out now! :)