a little birdie says......

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon- if depreciation was the criteria theyou 2004 lambo example you wrote about doesn’t hold weight. The sticker on a Gallardo in 04 was$195,000 and you say its available at $80,000 or let’s say we even increase thecost to $90,000 for a nice one . Well if you do the math an 04 Viper has veryclose depreciation considering its not "exotic"- not bad for just an Americancar :)

Or maybe we should just say"exotic" is in the eye of the beholder. I am sure if we all comparedwhat we thought an exotic woman looked like we would all show a differentpicture

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the best way to figure out if a car is an "exotic" is to compare it to women that are described as "exotic".

-Usually means a lady that is not from our shores

-Has unique colors and or beautiful shapes that draw lots of attention

-Usually is high maintenance

-Can't be serviced by an average "mechanic"

-Gives performance that you can't wait to brag to your buddies about

-Takes a ton of money to get into one

I think that pretty much sums it up.

Cheers,
George

Kaneda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WIth so many millionaires in America, let alone the world, selling 1500 doesn't seem too hard. My girlfriends boss clears 50k a paycheck. *******. Anyway, You can't look a this car from the bottom up. By that I mean looking at previous viper prices. This car will outperform a 458 Italia, which stickers for $225 but sells for $325 because of demand. That being said this is uncharted territory for Dodge. 110k ACRs weren't exactly flying off the shelves. And Chevy isn't selling many zr1s either - check how many are for sale on autotrader.

You should only spend 100k on a car if you are rich. A car is a terrible investment. From the sound of things, many of you want this car and are willing to live above your means to get it. How can that be fun? Driving something that financial weighs you down. I also don't think a high price will increase the value of Gen 4 cars at all. Quite the opposite. The Gen 4 will go down as a miss. Numb chassis and design, lack of feel, scary at the limit, no traction control, etc. it's a car you buy to die in if you drive it hard. And someone hit the nail on the head with the GT500.

Look at what ford gives you for a 54k base. Unreal. A pulley and a tune and it would run with a Gen 5 easily. Sure it won't track as well, but the 80k you'd be saving would be tracking in the stock market very nicely. The sad truth is, technology is improving cars so quickly that the days of buying a car and having it hold value for 5 years is over. If your own manufacturer doesn't do an insane mid model year upgrade, the competition sure will.

That being said. I'd rather drive a 2008 vert for 50k (which will happen soon) then pay 90k more for a car that is way too much car for the road anyway. 600 bhp is plenty and I'd laugh all the way to the bank.

If you are rich, disregard everything I just said.m

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WIth so many millionaires in America, let alone the world, selling 1500 doesn't seem too hard. My girlfriends boss clears 50k a paycheck. *******. Anyway, You can't look a this car from the bottom up. By that I mean looking at previous viper prices. This car will outperform a 458 Italia, which stickers for $225 but sells for $325 because of demand. That being said this is uncharted territory for Dodge. 110k ACRs weren't exactly flying off the shelves. And Chevy isn't selling many zr1s either - check how many are for sale on autotrader.

You should only spend 100k on a car if you are rich. A car is a terrible investment. From the sound of things, many of you want this car and are willing to live above your means to get it. How can that be fun? Driving something that financial weighs you down. I also don't think a high price will increase the value of Gen 4 cars at all. Quite the opposite. The Gen 4 will go down as a miss. Numb chassis and design, lack of feel, scary at the limit, no traction control, etc. it's a car you buy to die in if you drive it hard. And someone hit the nail on the head with the GT500.

Look at what ford gives you for a 54k base. Unreal. A pulley and a tune and it would run with a Gen 5 easily. Sure it won't track as well, but the 80k you'd be saving would be tracking in the stock market very nicely. The sad truth is, technology is improving cars so quickly that the days of buying a car and having it hold value for 5 years is over. If your own manufacturer doesn't do an insane mid model year upgrade, the competition sure will.

That being said. I'd rather drive a 2008 vert for 50k (which will happen soon) then pay 90k more for a car that is way too much car for the road anyway. 600 bhp is plenty and I'd laugh all the way to the bank.

LOL! Please go buy a Yugo and bank your money.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Have you owned or driven one of these cars? Trying to keep up with your logic, but to summarize - only buy a 100k car if your rich, The gen4 is a "miss" (for some very questionable items you list), the GT500 is some how a hit, a Mustang with a pully would run w a GEN 5 "easily" (I guess straight line is only reason you buy a sports car...), and then the capper, you will rather buy a Gen 4 for 50k...

one of the funniest post I have seen in some time.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Huh? A miss? What???? The Gen 4 is one the finest performance cars in the world, period! It holds many records, including the Ring. Even a Gen1 is still an EXCELLENT performing car, by anyone's standard. Have ever even driven a Viper? Wow....

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huh? A miss? What???? The Gen 4 is one the finest performance cars in the world, period! It holds many records, including the Ring. Even a Gen1 is still an EXCELLENT performing car, by anyone's standard. Have ever even driven a Viper? Wow....
:headbang:

Kaneda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am not denying Dodge made a great track car that in the hands of a pro driver can lap circuits quickly. But to the mainstream car enthusiast, the 2003-2010 Viper will never go down as a classic. And yes, I've driven many vipers and nobody would disagree that getting the most out of it is a handful. Even for a good driver. But it was really the styling mistakes dodge made that stood out. Now the ACRs corrected a lot of those and brought back the wild factor the car needed, and look how many are sitting on lots with low miles.

Just wait and see what happens to used vipers over the next couple years. If the car truly was a hit, the prices would stabilize at a high point. Look at Nissan Gtr prices. Holding much stronger than used vipers and they msrp for around the same now. That being said, I still love the viper and think those who buy a well mainteded used one for the right price are getting a steal. Just think people on here are delusional about the market value of their cars as well as what the 2013 will cost. Look what srt did with the new jeep. Priced it where nobody wants it.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another wannabe who never owned a Viper but knows everything about car styling and future values.
Has obviously jealousy issues with people who can afford better "stuff" then him.
GTR fan boi too.

You're dismissed troll.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think this guy should stick to riding his pedal bike ........... ring ring [ kaneda ]

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little birdie told me he had some news in 5 days and promised to tell me not only what the price will be but he is also giving me a picture of the real car.

Bet my little birdie is more accurate than yours!

Ron

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In the 5+ years I have been associated with the Viper community, I have yet to meet an owner who was "living beyond their means". Of course I don't have access to people's financials but I think you are WAY off base trying to generalize about the owners of this car. After you OWN a Viper and aren't just dreaming of one day owning one, come on back and tell us what you think as an owner. Guarantee your opinion will be more informed.

Ron

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just think people on here are delusional about the market value of their cars as well as what the 2013 will cost. Look what srt did with the new jeep. Priced it where nobody wants it.

I think you are delusional to think the new 2013 Viper will cost $140k, maybe with a ton of options. I bet you will be able to get it for the same price as a new GTR without all of the options. Also, I was looking at some used GTR's after I sold my Gen II a few weeks ago and they can be had in the $60-70k range with relatively low miles. There were some 2012's that sold for $85k with hardly any miles on them.

Last edited:

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
. But to the mainstream car enthusiast, the 2003-2010 Viper will never go down as a classic. ........ QUOTE]

I took my car out the other day (want a few more rides before i upgrade to a GenV) and still get more stares, cell phone pics and cars tailing me than ever before. While on line at the grocery store an elderly women taps me on the shoulder and politely asks if she could take a picture of "that gorgeous Viper" for her grandson. ANY year Viper is a classic!

SRTV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

. But to the mainstream car enthusiast, the 2003-2010 Viper will never go down as a classic. ........ QUOTE]

http://www.cnbc.com/id/40766423/The_Most_Collectible_Cars_of_the_Future?slide=2

With the Viper on this list, OBVIOUSLY they did something right! Now go troll on a ZR1 board

balance

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I took my car out the other day (want a few more rides before i upgrade to a GenV) and still get more stares, cell phone pics and cars tailing me than ever before. While on line at the grocery store an elderly women taps me on the shoulder and politely asks if she could take a picture of "that gorgeous Viper" for her grandson. ANY year Viper is a classic!"

+1

Thinking of getting a new "Carbon" vette, (I fit in it perfectly and can see out the windshield), and was shot down by the wife and kids who have never before cared about what dad drives. "It's for guys who have small ____ ; looks kind of 'dainty'" were among the comments.

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not denying Dodge made a great track car that in the hands of a pro driver can lap circuits quickly. But to the mainstream car enthusiast, the 2003-2010 Viper will never go down as a classic. And yes, I've driven many vipers and nobody would disagree that getting the most out of it is a handful. Even for a good driver. But it was really the styling mistakes dodge made that stood out. Now the ACRs corrected a lot of those and brought back the wild factor the car needed, and look how many are sitting on lots with low miles.

Just wait and see what happens to used vipers over the next couple years. If the car truly was a hit, the prices would stabilize at a high point. Look at Nissan Gtr prices. Holding much stronger than used vipers and they msrp for around the same now. That being said, I still love the viper and think those who buy a well mainteded used one for the right price are getting a steal. Just think people on here are delusional about the market value of their cars as well as what the 2013 will cost. Look what srt did with the new jeep. Priced it where nobody wants it.

You did not get it didn,t you???? And I don't think you've driven any Viper either because you wouldn't be talking all this BS. Most of what you say make the Viper unique and special. A Viper is not for everyone and you 've got a proof it's obviously not for you because you don't get it. You'll have more trolling fun on the Vette forum....

Kaneda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sensitive bunch on here. Keep the passion going guys. Let's make a bet. I bet 2008 vipers will dip below 50 grand by this time next year.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sensitive bunch on here. Keep the passion going guys. Let's make a bet. I bet 2008 vipers will dip below 50 grand by this time next year.
you may be right................... if the car was totaled . now get back on your bike and go play.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll bet tomorrow when you wake up you're still a wannabe azzhole.
Takers?

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!! Looks like the OP, Moldowan, had a pretty damn good source....Launch Edition $137,890 plus the yet unknown gas guzzler tax. The little birdie was right...

Bill

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know, the forbidden page is annoying as hell. Just have to "reply" to see what is going on.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
There are so many little birdies out there over the last few months, that the only thing anyone can believe is that the *** is being stirred with anticipation. My little birdie , who also is very, very close to Ralph about split a gut when he heard of the 136K pricing. We picked him up off the floor and gotta believe he wasn't laughing because he thought the price was a reality. I personally commend SRT , as they have been the quietest about this machine over any model I can remember and it has done nothing but drive interest at very little cost.

My guesstimate is the price will go up just a bit, but the option list will increase even more. No little birdies or anyone else has told me a thing, but common sense tells us all that over the past 3 years we have seen a dramatic change in how one could get a Viper. With more models, more paint , more options, the days of 3 colors and identical upgrades are over. We will see more and more Vipers very distinct as the way they are optioned will make them more personal. The rumors of Carbon Fiber and other items have everyone in such a frenzy , it conjures up ideas of 2900 lb cars with prodigious hp. Like one comment, I would take a new Snake with less weight and a small increase of HP over one that was just all HP increase ( it is a torque monster anyway as we all forget). The torque curve will tell me alot more , as this is where the Viper has always shined , almost to the point that we don't even bring it up too much ,as we know it is our advantage over other makes.

Whether birdies are singing or squawking , it does appear to keep things interesting, and when AllPar is searching for information so hard it takes it off of rumors on this site, it bodes well that SRT has done a great job staying silent and building demand. Does it make you want to go to New York to see for yourself --- dang it does for me and I plan on making the trip.

Overheard Ralph suggesting a 3699 upgraded interior and wondering if folks would buy it, while off in a corner of the room , finishing his 14th Coors light, Bubba was heard saying, " Damn, I heard Ralph say something about the car being 136,999 with a nicer interior." Let the rumor begin.............................

So it looks like "your little birdie didn't know crap. $135,000+ for a launch edition...pretty close to $137,000.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score