A little "show" to match the "go" (pic)

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: A little

Car looks sweet....Congrats to all involved. I have similar mods to my car as well. EXCEPT.......Jeff Morys stage 3 cyl head package,accusump pre oiler, JE pistons and Oliver rods.....Hmmm where is all my extra HP coming from? Sorry if this seems cocky...BUT I have been pushing Jeff's cyl heads as the best available for almost a year......The proof is in THE NUMBERS.

well same HP as yours here and more TQ 756 RWTQ :D so each car reacts deferent to mods. And yah done with Sean Roe Ported Heads :D

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: A little \"show\" to match the \"go\" (pic)

Dave just finished this one up for Jerry Colpitts. Best pull, 664 RWHP and 694 RWTQ.

You must be registered for see images

Regards,
Sean

Sean tell Dave nice work.....under all that personality there is skills to :)

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Show And Go

Hi All,
Glad you guys like the look. I took a lot of pictures of the car, but will let Jerry have the pleasure of showing off the whole car. It's truly one of the best looking modded Vipers I've seen. Jerry had done a lot to the car before we saw it. I don't think there's but a couple square inches left on it that are untouched. All tastefully done and not over the top.
In regard to Dave's work on it, Jerry will be finding little detail items for weeks. Dave put in about 40 hours of his own time on the car, beyond what Jerry was billed for. I think he had 3 hours alone in polishing the alternator case and powdercoating the alternator rear cover red.
I had expected Jerry's car would have been closer to 700 RWHP (not that 664 was bad), but it didn't. I've seen this a few times now, naturally aspirated or modded. Some cars are just down about 40 RWHP. We had another '98 in the shop that had a best pull of 382 RWHP with tubes, filters, high flow cats and a Corsa cat-back (most would be about 422-432 RWHP). In talking with some people in the know, they said there can be as much as a 5 degree variation in Cam timing due to stack up tolerances. Some engines are just on the short end. But, here's the good news, they have done warranty rebuilds on motors that were down on power by 40 or so. This is one of the benefits of having an engine blueprinted. It pays to have your car dyno tested.

Regards,
Sean

PS.
MBN, I hope the good news is that your car finally arrived and they reimbursed you for shipping.

V

vegasviper

Re: Show And Go

Sean, did you lower the compression on the heads?

Steve

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jerry I hope you didn't take offense to my post NO FLAME inteneded. I have known Sean since his days at Spenard David Racing School. He is a top notch high quality guy. There are only a few people in the country I would let work on my car and he is one of them. We did pull the engine apart and had John Edwards put it back together. FYI:when we dynoed my car prior to the engine work it only made 409 RWHP and that was WITH TD rockers and exhaust. So I know all about the low factory HP numbers. YOU CAR LOOKS WAY HOT by the way.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Proracer,
Did you happen to dyno your car after the head work but before the s/c or was it all done at once? Just wondering what Jeff Morys heads would add to a NA engine (with headers, larger TB's,etc.).