A Real Convertible Top???

Tonym6071

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope everyone is well!

I just purchased my 94 Yellow Viper a few weeks ago. Seeing that the weather in Montreal is starting to get real cold...I decided to install my soft top. Needless to say I was surprised on the poor quality of this unit. The retracting side arms were flimsy and at low speeds the cross bars start oscillating. A real poor design!

I have been driving convertibles for the last 35 years. I am tired of having the sun on my head and shoulders constantly. Having a good soft top would certainly improve my Viper. Do not get me wrong...I love the look of a convertible and there is nothing better than a Spring or Autumn drive with the top down.

Questions: Has anyone modified their soft top so that it becomes a better transportation option? Does anyone offer a good soft top...even if it does not fold-up in our trunk?

I really like the look of a black canvas top on a yellow Viper!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase!! I'm not sure that there are any aftermarket soft tops out there. With that said, I would highly recommend the 3 piece top from Mach 7 Motorsports. It can fit in the truck if you need it to, and it's a great top. http://www.mach7motorsports.com/page/page/1012985.htm

I've got one for my 95 so if you have any questions on it let me know.

OP
OP
Tonym6071

Tonym6071

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Thanks for the response! I did look into the mach7's...great top. If you include the cost of the top, transport to Canada, taxes, color match paint...4K plus. This becomes an expensive option!

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Thanks for the response! I did look into the mach7's...great top. If you include the cost of the top, transport to Canada, taxes, color match paint...4K plus. This becomes an expensive option!

So, while you were on the website did you check out the Mach 7 Falcon? That is one incredible car!

I don't know of any other way unless someone else on here has done something??? That is the biggest reason I went to the Gen 3.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Road trip. Call Jeff, order the top. When it's ready, drive down and install it on your car. When you drive back across the border, they will never know you came over without one. Once back in Montreal you can have it painted to match.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love my Lemke 3-piece top....high quality, greatly improves the look and you can carry it anywhere. I got mine used in the VCA classifieds, so if you're patient and willing to wait for the right one to come along, that may be the way to go.

Good luck in whatever you decide for your (gorgeous yellow) machine!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: