Accufab 70mm Throttle Bodies...to buy or not to buy.

stak320

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After my car swallowed a body panel screw in the intake from D&V Autobody located in Dulles Virgnia, I decided to do some work to the engine. I had the heads ported, new valves, Jesels...all the goodies. Is there a real difference in the stock to Accufabs? If it's significant, does anyone have a pair they want to unload?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a lot of the aftermarket offerings for the Gen III seem to have throttle hang issues. Not sure on the Gen II.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put a set on my Gen 2 (heads/cam) and picked up over 1/10 sec in the quarter and probably 2 mph. You will have to port the intake to the TB's to get the full gain. The port matching can be done on the car, it is just a little time consuming. They installed without issue and there have been no driveability problems. On a stock car there are probably more negatives than positives.

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D&V Autobody messed up my car on a detail job. They have a nice facility and work on some high end cars but their detail work is horrible. They did refund me my money and I ended up getting a true professional to correct their work and the car came out better then showroom.

As for the TB, no idea.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It really depends on the build of the engine. The 70mm throttle bodies will increase peak hp but low speed driveability will suffer. On big cam engines they really help smoothing out the surging issues related to the long runner intake manifold.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456