Aero kit on our 2008 Viper

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife is still annoyed that I didn't get an ACR. She wants the Viper to look mean. The ACR kit from Dodge was too expensive, so we put on an aftermarket kit. At the same time we put on a 3.55 rear, but its too cold to test the acceleration.

We just wanted to share some pictures with you. Merry Christmas to all.

Attachments

• IMG_3924.JPG
    IMG_3924.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_3925.JPG
    IMG_3925.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_3944.JPG
    IMG_3944.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_3945.JPG
    IMG_3945.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_3933.JPG
    IMG_3933.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 243

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like it! Do you have any idea of functional the rear wing is or jow much down force it creates? The front Spoiler looks good. These are some of the options we are going to have to use if the Clone ACR aero Kits do not make an apearance soon!.
Nice Job!!

OP
OP
V

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rear is said to create about 600 lbs, but that was right from the factory. We made the angle higher with the optional setting, do it may be more.

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vincy, did that particular front splitter cover over the front frame rail opening where you would tie down the front end with the "R" hooks?? I think I read somewhere that the ACR front splitter covered the tie down openings! How crazy is that??

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You say the rearwing adds 600 lbs down force all by itself then what is the total down force with the front splitter. It sounds a bit aggressive for that wing! But what do I know! I may just get me one of those set ups!

OP
OP
V

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You say the rearwing adds 600 lbs down force all by itself then what is the total down force with the front splitter. It sounds a bit aggressive for that wing! But what do I know! I may just get me one of those set ups!
I was told that it makes this much force on the back. I have no supporting data.

OP
OP
V

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vincy, did that particular front splitter cover over the front frame rail opening where you would tie down the front end with the "R" hooks?? I think I read somewhere that the ACR front splitter covered the tie down openings! How crazy is that??
I don't know. Actually, I don't know what to look for to answer your question. If you tell me I'll look.

Reaction score
Glad you liked it I think it turned out AWESOME! :2tu:

My wife is still annoyed that I didn't get an ACR. She wants the Viper to look mean. The ACR kit from Dodge was too expensive, so we put on an aftermarket kit. At the same time we put on a 3.55 rear, but its too cold to test the acceleration.

We just wanted to share some pictures with you. Merry Christmas to all.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what do the reinforcements on the underside of the trunk lidd look like? Can you take a pic to show us? I take that there is sufficient strength inthe lid to support the wing and the down force?

thanks

VENUM INJECTION

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think that looks great. I think it is funny that your wife wanted the viper to look mean as if it needed help in that department LOL. I think it definately looks meaner now though. Cool pics.

OP
OP
V

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what do the reinforcements on the underside of the trunk lidd look like? Can you take a pic to show us? I take that there is sufficient strength inthe lid to support the wing and the down force?

thanks
I didn't see the parts, they went directly to the shop. It comes in a couple big packages. But the install was done by a goos racing shop and they would know if the support was not adequate. So it must be OK. I'll ask the shop when I talk to them.

OP
OP
V

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that looks great. I think it is funny that your wife wanted the viper to look mean as if it needed help in that department LOL. I think it definately looks meaner now though. Cool pics.

My wife has no common sense when it comes to cars, she is wonderful. Years ago I was going to chip an Vet and she convinced me to send it to Lingenfelder for an engine. We took a short drive in a CTV-V when they came out and we had to buy it, and then send it away for a supercharger. She goes mental if she gets passed on a track day, or if I get passed. Now that is how I get to buy more car parts, I let myself get passed at the track and its off to the shop for something new. We have lots of fun with cars, and that is what they are for. If the cars are not fun its not worth doing. You can't have her, she is mine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
please tell me these arent just for looks...
Its not just for looks, we run the car at Summit Point WV. But I'm not sure if the turns are fast enough to make a difference. I hope the 3.55 rear makes a difference. I felt the Viper is slow out of the turns in 3rd gear. Second is too much, but the rpms are down in third, at leat at my present experience with the Viper.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice looking car congrats!

I like this shot the best!

2626d1229869377-aero-kit-our-2008-viper-img_3925.jpg