Air Intake Sensor

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by Marquis7676, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Marquis7676

Marquis7676 Viper Owner

Does anyone know how to remove this sensor from the housing? I installed the K&N years ago and I’ve forgotten if it is attached from inside by some means or if it just pulls out (mine doesn’t seem to want to come out and I don’t want to break it.

Many thanks in advance!

image.jpg

image.jpg

2. MoparMap

MoparMap VCA National President

Fairly sure it's just pressed into a rubber grommet. I have the same setup on my car and I know it feels loose when I go to unplug it. You could take the whole assembly off and look in through the throttle body side to make sure there's nothing holding it in place like a clip or something.

Marquis7676 likes this.
  3. Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy VCA Venom Member - Great Lakes

As I recall, it is easy to break...at least on Gen III's.

Marquis7676 likes this.
  4. Gen3CoupeTX

Gen3CoupeTX Enthusiast

That should just pull straight out, using a good grip and being purposeful about it. The grommet may come out with it. The grommet will likely try to push into the assembly when you go to re-insert the sensor. You'll see, manage to get it right. Doubtful there's any sort of retaining clip inside, as bigger fear would be it coming lose and sucking into throttle body / engine.

Marquis7676 likes this.
  5. Marquis7676

Marquis7676 Viper Owner

Mine was in so tightly I just took the assembly off rather than risk breaking it. The dealer tells me they don’t make them anymore, has to be replaced with a double instead of a single.

I run K&N filters and I’m fairly sure the oil fouls this sensor so just sprayed it with electronics cleaner.