Air Intake Sensor

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove this sensor from the housing? I installed the K&N years ago and I’ve forgotten if it is attached from inside by some means or if it just pulls out (mine doesn’t seem to want to come out and I don’t want to break it.

Many thanks in advance!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Fairly sure it's just pressed into a rubber grommet. I have the same setup on my car and I know it feels loose when I go to unplug it. You could take the whole assembly off and look in through the throttle body side to make sure there's nothing holding it in place like a clip or something.

Gen3CoupeTX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That should just pull straight out, using a good grip and being purposeful about it. The grommet may come out with it. The grommet will likely try to push into the assembly when you go to re-insert the sensor. You'll see, manage to get it right. Doubtful there's any sort of retaining clip inside, as bigger fear would be it coming lose and sucking into throttle body / engine.

OP
OP
T

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I recall, it is easy to break...at least on Gen III's.

Mine was in so tightly I just took the assembly off rather than risk breaking it. The dealer tells me they don’t make them anymore, has to be replaced with a double instead of a single.

I run K&N filters and I’m fairly sure the oil fouls this sensor so just sprayed it with electronics cleaner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prosperitymirra