Alarm Problem, need help

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2006 coupe that the alarm has been going off for no reason. When I park in in the garage and arm it, I have no problems. But when its outside, it goes off for no reason. Its very inconsistant also, from 10 minutes before going off to hours later. So far, nothing when parked in the garage. I took the battery in and had it tested, they said it was ok. Any ideas?

VENUM INJECTION

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had the same problem on my 08 and that was while parked in the garage. So much so it kept running my battery down. So I hope its a fixable problem. Good luck!

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any chance its raining while the car is outside or getting wet with your irrigation system? My 04 everytime I washed her would have same problem only it was in garage after the soak down. The Viper Wizard Chuck Tator was kind enough to teach me how to adjust my hood switch so that it would make better contact and it worked until I soaked my car down again and so I went through the steps to adjust and problem solved. Now I use a virtually soak free wash with light liquid and panel by panel I wipe on and dry off with micro fiber towel. No more alarm issues since I stopped drenching my snake with the hose. Good Luck!

Yellow Viper Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have Yellow 2005 vert w only 5000kms (Factory Canadian car) and have had similar alarm problems.

Will look at hood switch before taking it to dealer. Thanks for those who posted above.

Really appreciate the useful info from those who have "fixed" that 3 min alarm going off without proper cause.

Thanks.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Same issue with 04. Caused by aftermarket hood not pushing the hood switch completely "down" into the correct position.

I'd look at the hood switch first as stated above.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang