Alarm Problems

Rootstown_Snake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just recently my stock security system will go off for no apparent reason. Has anyone else out there suffered from this annoying problem?

I went out into the garage this morning to check on my baby, looked at her, turned around and closed the door, and bam 2 minutes later......horn and lights flashing. The garage still locked and no one even touched the car. :confused:

quick2tr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, exactly the same for me. I dont bother setting the alarm when in my own garage. In fact, I usually just cycle the key 4 times and put it to sleep as soon as I get home.

OP
OP
R

Rootstown_Snake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, exactly the same for me. I dont bother setting the alarm when in my own garage. In fact, I usually just cycle the key 4 times and put it to sleep as soon as I get home.

Cycle the key? How do you do this and what does it do?

quick2tr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sleep mode is used to reduce power consumption. It leaves the car unlocked with the alarm disabled. When parked in my own garage, I am in the habit of using this mode to avoid accidentally enabling the alarm.

Steps for putting your Viper into sleep mode are described in the owners manual. For 2004, it is enabled by cycle key 4 times and hitting the door lock button. Battery does not go dead in 3-4 weeks like it does normally.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just recently my stock security system will go off for no apparent reason. Has anyone else out there suffered from this annoying problem?

I went out into the garage this morning to check on my baby, looked at her, turned around and closed the door, and bam 2 minutes later......horn and lights flashing. The garage still locked and no one even touched the car. :confused:
The snake was trying to get your attention, she might of thought when you walked into the gargage that you were going to take her for a spin, but when you turned around and walked back in, she got very angry, and therefore set off her alarm to teach you a lesson.

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE] The snake was trying to get your attention, she might of thought when you walked into the gargage that you were going to take her for a spin, but when you turned around and walked back in, she got very angry, and therefore set off her alarm to teach you a lesson.

[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHA....this is a good one!!! :D

OP
OP
R

Rootstown_Snake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi All,

The snake was trying to get your attention, she might of thought when you walked into the gargage that you were going to take her for a spin, but when you turned around and walked back in, she got very angry, and therefore set off her alarm to teach you a lesson.

Well I got her back!! I took her top off and bent her over a few good curves today!! She should sleep like a baby tonight....LMAO!!! :nana:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine