Alignment with Eibachs??

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm putting new front tires on my 02 GTS because my left is down to the belt on the inner edge of the tire. I obviously need an alignment to fix the problem. I have Eibach springs in the car. Is there a certain alignment set-up that should be used with a lowered Viper to fix this? Certain specs I can have it aligned to?
Any help would be great!

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I don't know about specific specs, but you ABSOLUTELY need an alignment with Eibachs. Mine were WAY out of whack and I wore a set of tires out in no time. I bought the car post-lowering and assumed the algnment had been done. Wrong.......Tires are too expensive to not get an alignment.

Some of the track guys on here might be able to recommend a few tweaks to help you out. Good luck

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing special.Stock is ok.Might want to go a little more agressive.Hopefuly shocks got adjusted.My car feels great and is not radical.I went with camber neg 3/4 deg front,neg 1/2 rear.caster stock.Toe zero front and 1/32 in each side rear.Forget about a $99 dollar alignment.If thats what you are quoted find someone that knows what they are doing.May easily take 3-4 hours.Rob at Tator's did mine. GTS Bruce

OP
OP
L

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Do you know of anyone in the Va. or Md. area that knows what they are doing when it comes to Vipers? There aren't any good shops in my immediate area that would have a clue on these cars.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need to make sure it's a 4 wheel alignment and use the stock specs. Ride height doesn't change where straight up and down (camber) should be. Toe-in and camber most critical tire wear angles. I like to use caster to set for crown of the road when possible by the make and Vipers are totally camber and caster adjustable all 4. Really affects the drive also. If toe is off in the rear then it fights the front toe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang