And, Thank You Chuck.....Again!!!

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, continuing the (long) saga of my RT/10's roof not coming off, I tried everything without breaking anything. Requested an elephant from the circus to sit on the back pass side of the roof but that still didn't work.:nono:

Finally took a ride over to Chuck, who with a few jiggles and pressure points, it came off. Clearly, this top was not off the car in a very long time, aligned quite nicely with the fact that it wasn't driven very much since 98.

So, aside from the overly bright sunlight, the reflection of my Infiniti's chrome wheels, assorted kids toys on the wall, and the wall itself, here's my Viper enjoying the sun.

You must be registered for see images attach

Once the weather gets a little nicer here, I will take it out and shoot some nice pictures.

Needless to say, the first ride in the car with the roof off was spectacular! The weather was sunny, hardly a cloud in the sky and about 80 degrees. Zooming through the gears (first couple) on the winding roads (but of course, maintaining the speed limit) while blasting the Foo Fighters (great driving music, for me at least) was almost as good as sex (hey, I said almost!!!). Loved the car before, love the car even more now.

Thanks Chuck, thanks to everyone else who offered suggestions and definitely looking forward to the the OCC tour!:headbang:

Peter

1998 RT/10, Viper Red :evilmad: (5k miles) "Tatorized"
2005 Infiniti FX35
2003 Honda Pilot EX
2008 Bayliner 24.5' Bowrider

:usa:FIREFIGHTERS SAVE LIVES AND PROPERTY:usa:

SUPPORT TATORS DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Its the reason I picked an RT over a GTS and imagine how disappointing to have the car in the summer and be stuck with the top on.:confused: Oh well, not like I borrowed it, I have many summers to go and hopefully change the car from bone stock to something modified (modestly at least).:headbang:

Peter

2005 Infiniti FX35
2003 Honda Pilot EX

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't you just HATE that about Chuck! You screw around with the simplest of problems on your Viper for hours on end. Walk away from it to get a clear head and some perspective. Then ask questions of friends who tell you the obvious....

And then you drive it over to Chuck and he takes a 2 second glance only to tap the driver's side front tire twice, once at 6 o'clock and once at 3 o'clock...and the gas cap pops open.

I HATE that! :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck is da man! Enjoy him while you can... between us west coasties and the Brits... we'll have him kidnapped soon enough. :D

I think there's enough of CHUCK to share with everyone...but he STAYS PUT :nono:...
LOVE your story Peter...and chuckles to city on his take on the story...:lmao:!!!!
There will NEVER be another CHUCK TATOR...his wisdom and humor = unmatched!:headbang:
~~~juli

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, City, that basically sums it up. He pulled (for a second or two) and then pulled UP on the top...geez, who would a thought it, but it worked! I spent a good half hour pushing down on the top while pulling the lever piece:bonker:....just goes to show ya, clearly there are those who know!!!

Thanks!:headbang:

Peter

2005 Infiniti FX35
2003 Honda Pilot EX

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, City, that basically sums it up. He pulled (for a second or two) and then pulled UP on the top...geez, who would a thought it, but it worked! I spent a good half hour pushing down on the top while pulling the lever piece:bonker:....just goes to show ya, clearly there are those who know!!!

Thanks!:headbang:

Peter

I think he's got some "Fonzie" thing goin on! :D

BTW- Peter, when I "quoted" your post I noticed that your sig is part of your text. You can save yourself all that trouble if you go into your control panel (CP) and insert it into your permanent signature.

PM me if you need any help.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tried it, but it seems to have too many smiley faces, too many lines and too many characters....oh well, guess I'll have to stick to the "old fashioned way".....manual.:crazy2:

Thanks anyway! I might play around with it when I have more time, try to condense, but with a limit of one smiley, that eliminates the American Flags (2) which I would rather not do.:dunno:

Peter

2005 Infiniti FX35
2003 Honda Pilot EX

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter: I needed help with MY signature...as I was very limited as well...if City offered his help, take it! Makes things MUCH easier with the signature included! I have NO clue what the BBcodemarkup is myself!!! (Totally lost there...Kelly/kcobean helped me with my signature...I also couldn't add the smilies I wanted either...drat!) ~juli
**LOVING your avatar and your picture of your RT...gorgeous!**

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, just trying out my new, "abridged," signature. :eater: Much easier than to re-write each and every time I post.

Thanks City.:2tu:

Peter

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
please dont tell me you would type this on all of your roughly 230 posts...JEEZ thats a lot of work

1998 RT/10, Viper Red
evilmad.gif
(5k miles) "Tatorized"
2005 Infiniti FX35
2003 Honda Pilot EX

usa-clear-s.gif
FIREFIGHTERS SAVE LIVES AND PROPERTY
usa-clear-s.gif

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody watch the HBO series Hard Knocks with the Dallas Cowboys this season? Remember the episode where the 'boys made the rookies hold microphpnes (a banana and two plums) while performing in front of the veterans. :) I think we need our latest Rookie Peter to sing "I've Got Sunshine on a Cloudy Day" in front of the group at the next Tator Tech Session. :D

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I may not know how to taked the *&^^#$%$^& vert top off the RT,:nono: but I work on computers most of the day....so, I copy and paste, as I didn't know you could use a signature for that.:lmao: And, on top of that, I had to shorten it to make it fit.

I know there are old rookies in baseball, but at my age to be called a rookie might well be a compliment.:D Now as senility sets in, you guys might have to help me find my car at the OCC event as its lookin' like a pretty large turnout!:drive:

Peter

Look, I didn't have to copy and paste this::headbang:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody watch the HBO series Hard Knocks with the Dallas Cowboys this season? Remember the episode where the 'boys made the rookies hold microphpnes (a banana and two plums) while performing in front of the veterans. :) I think we need our latest Rookie Peter to sing "I've Got Sunshine on a Cloudy Day" in front of the group at the next Tator Tech Session. :D

Don't talk about my Cowboys.

We got rights...