Another is this rice thread, but different, with PICS

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The banner is cool. Its 3:30am, so I'm hoping you've already put the stock hood vents back on
It's 7am Sunday. By now hopefully the vents are back to red before anybody see's them in the light!:D I'll meet ya half way Dave, I do like the banner!:2tu: 3:30am Chad??? You need to come back to Hilton Head so we can pull the "ALL NIGHTER"!!!!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well...we learned something here: There are WAY too many Viper men watching "What Not to Wear".

Last edited:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My vote is step back, ignore us, and take a look at your car. If you think "damn, that's hot" then keep it; screw what people say. The world would be a boring place if every single car was the same.
I'm gonna +1 that and toss out some e-rep.

Another "rice" option; why not throw a "carbon fiber" appliqué" on the brake vents, a la the new Challenger? Who needs REAL carbon fiber when you have stickers?!
I think you mean like the latest incarnation of the ZR-1.
:D

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave...Take the Shop Vac from picture #1, take the top off, cut it in half and attach it to the hood as a cold air induction scoop. Make sure to put the white lettering up so it's visible. I guarantee it will make more horsepower then the Vipair.:lmao:

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you count all the *** votes with these " :D " as "I really meant the reverse of what I said," because that's what the " :D " does, is reverse what you said, I'm at about 75% approval!!!

Can't wait to get the Auto Zone wing and McWheels from Chad!!!

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
after all of the "new' upgrades your car should fit in pretty well with the local honda club.

i found this kinda interesting, and thought i would share.

RICER - definition.
(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to **** at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

this may be useful for further enhancements.:D:D:D
I know it is not listed, but no ricer is complete without neon under the car.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, perhaps you can fabricate some front fascia canards from your ensemble of white socks. Curse my lack of PhotoShop skills...

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ultimately, whatever Dave does you know is going to be badass and done with taste. Look at all of his mods so far...kick ass!

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm gonna +1 that and toss out some e-rep.

I think you mean like the latest incarnation of the ZR-1.
:D

Off topic:
Actually, the ZR1 makes extensive use of REAL carbon fiber, including the roof, hood, front spoiler, front fenders, side rocker panels and rear spoiler. Additionally, it uses the largest carbon-ceramic brakes to come standard on any car — 15.5-in. in front and 15.0 in. at the rear.

Now back to the ricer thread!

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
after all of the "new' upgrades your car should fit in pretty well with the local honda club.

i found this kinda interesting, and thought i would share.

RICER - definition.
(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to **** at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

this may be useful for further enhancements.:D:D:D
I know it is not listed, but no ricer is complete without neon under the car.

HAHAHAHA! I got a kick outta reading this. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

:usa:

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dave,

I happened to find some blue neon packed up in musicncars' stuff. I'll be happy to send it to you to prevent him from using it on any of our vipers. Sounds like he's dying to see it used. Might as well go to you. Otherwise, I will be hiding it until trash pick-up day.:rolaugh:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks cool to me... rice is good for you! It's what you like after all!!

I'm a Former Kawi. ZX-11 rider... ever done over 170 in a bike?? On the road?? The viper comes close but I suspect you guys will be disappointed by going head to head with a serious biker. Power to weight and all....

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Off topic:
Actually, the ZR1 makes extensive use of REAL carbon fiber, including the roof, hood, front spoiler, front fenders, side rocker panels and rear spoiler.
According to one online report, it stated that the roof and B-pillars are appliqué. (That's French for "sticker")
For $100K + markup, I hope they and I have been mis-informed.

Nothing screams "Shrimp Fried!" like carbon fiber stickers.

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it's obviously your decision...

With that being said, I don't mind the banner, not my taste, but it looks fine... And like everybody else said... Definitely not a fan of the vents...

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Dave you must have been mixing some crazy $h!t to come up with this one:hippy::boozer:
or you just have too much $$ to spend on worthless mods
:boggled::bird::looney:

those vents just aren't right
:dance: :rainbow:

I'm not sure about the banner,
I'm still trying to get over the vents :omg:

sorry, its a thumbs down for me

D

DAMN YANKEE

Dave, one of the nicest things about being done is that you can go on to new projects or just enjoy the project YOU JUST F*CKING completed.

Your done now Dave...off comes ths sticker....
Your done now Dave....back on goes the red speakers....
Your done now Dave, your done...YOUR DONE DAVE!!!!

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave - screw our opinions. Do you like it? If the answer to that is yes then that is all that matters.

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave - screw our opinions. Do you like it? If the answer to that is yes then that is all that matters.

Washed all my slimy hand prints off the hood and made a run to the Quikie Mart yesterday to enjoy my Ramen Noodle hood appointments. Not sure that I'm sold yet. At least I was smart enough to save the original red ones eh? :2tu:

And BOTTLEFED, with $200 for the vents and $150 to paint them, one might say my worthless mod budget is doing OK. :lmao:

Anyway, I'll be moving on quickly to my aero mods. Front and side splitters, and a rear diffuser to cover my rear exhaust hole that is no longer needed. We'll keep those aero parts satin black...

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave likes it, call him a forum *********.. I was going to take this observation to another level in that aspect, but it would have been too much.. so I was looking for pictures to copy & paste.... but got distracted by all the "impressed" comments of this photograph.. ummmm... :dunno:

red ball on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Needless to say, Dave's efforts are far beyond.. even I can't humiliate that nice red Viper. It sort of has a patriotic theme to it. :can1:

Stripes and banner look good, vents are just a bit too distracting..

Last edited:

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
this thread has me rolling, lol. after that ***** slapping i think dave needs to reinstate his manhood and install a pair of these to the back end:
You must be registered for see images