Another One Bites the Dust!

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday, I had my Roe SC tuned on the dyno. Today is a beautiful day in the Atlanta area so I thought I would take the Viper out to see how its new tuning ran. I was driving calmly down the road when 4 sport bikes came rushing up behind me and literally were riding about a foot or two from my rear bumper. They pulled up along side of me reving their engines...so I reved back. They waved their fingers at me saying "no" and were laughing. Well, what better time to test the Roe tuning I just had done. I down shifted and nailed it and walked away from them. They were fast, but no match! At the next red light, they pulled up along side of me and said, "That thing is sick! We thought we were going to have some fun messing with you. I guess not. We know you've done something to that thing!" That is when I popped in a CD and played "Another One Bites the Dust." We all laughed at the song and drove off slowly to enjoy the sunny drive. Nice guys on the bikes but I know nothing about bikes. All I know was they were Kawasakis and Ducattis??? :D

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday, I had my Roe SC tuned on the dyno. Today is a beautiful day in the Atlanta area so I thought I would take the Viper out to see how its new tuning ran. I was driving calmly down the road when 4 sport bikes came rushing up behind me and literally were riding about a foot or two from my rear bumper. They pulled up along side of me reving their engines...so I reved back. They waved their fingers at me saying "no" and were laughing. Well, what better time to test the Roe tuning I just had done. I down shifted and nailed it and walked away from them. They were fast, but no match! At the next red light, they pulled up along side of me and said, "That thing is sick! We thought we were going to have some fun messing with you. I guess not. We know you've done something to that thing!" That is when I popped in a CD and played "Another One Bites the Dust." We all laughed at the song and drove off slowly to enjoy the sunny drive. Nice guys on the bikes but I know nothing about bikes. All I know was they were Kawasakis and Ducattis??? :D

B.S. Ever ride a sport bike? My GSXR 1000 K3 (now sold because it was too fast to control) would blow your car into the weeds, until around 160 mph, when aerodynamics would start to make the difference. Can you beat 0 - 60 in 2.6 seconds? Didn't think so.

Of course, I never played "Another One Bites the Dust" in either of my Vipers, so maybe that makes them much, much faster. Superchargers are great, but why bother to post nonsense? :headbang:

OP
OP
V

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
B.S. Ever ride a sport bike? My GSXR 1000 K3 (now sold because it was too fast to control) would blow your car into the weeds, until around 160 mph, when aerodynamics would start to make the difference. Can you beat 0 - 60 in 2.6 seconds? Didn't think so.

Of course, I never played "Another One Bites the Dust" in either of my Vipers, so maybe that makes them much, much faster. Superchargers are great, but why bother to post nonsense? :headbang:

Do you try hard to be this big of a stupid ass or does it come natural? As I said, I don't know much about bikes or even what letters and numbers these had...GSXR1000K3...XYZ...ABC? Regardless, I am sure there are as many different sport bikes and riders as there are sports cars and drivers. You obviously are not a rider with any credibility since you sold your bike because you said you could not learn to ride it. Also, I don't recall saying we were going 0-60, it was from a roll starting at about 40 mph. Certainly my non-stock Viper surprised them which gave me an advantage. Another on bites the dust! :headbang:

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never said that I failed to learn to ride the GSXR 1000 K3. I said it was too fast to control. I'm a CLASS motorcycle race class graduate (Infineon Track) ERC (Experienced Rider Course) graduate, and I've taken the Viper Skip Barber class. I have fairly substantial track and street time (180,000 miles on sport bikes) on motorcycles. There is no way that a Viper, even a supercharged Viper can keep up with a modern sport bike. Period. The weight to power ratios are just too different. I wouldn't have taken offense but for the stuff about playing a CD of "Another one bites the dust" which I took as trash talk, and thought you deserved a rejoinder. I apologize for the B.S. comment, as that was a bit of uncalled for attitude. However, without the attitude, my position still stands. I also wonder why it is even necessary to post about beating people on the street at all? What could that possibly prove? Certainly on the track. But on the street?

In any event, that's my final comments on the subject. Flame away. :rolleyes:

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I never said that I failed to learn to ride the GSXR 1000 K3. I said it was too fast to control. I'm a CLASS motorcycle race class graduate (Infineon Track) ERC (Experienced Rider Course) graduate, and I've taken the Viper Skip Barber class. I have fairly substantial track and street time (180,000 miles on sport bikes) on motorcycles. There is no way that a Viper, even a supercharged Viper can keep up with a modern sport bike. Period. The weight to power ratios are just too different. I wouldn't have taken offense but for the stuff about playing a CD of "Another one bites the dust" which I took as trash talk, and thought you deserved a rejoinder. I apologize for the B.S. comment, as that was a bit of uncalled for attitude. However, without the attitude, my position still stands. I also wonder why it is even necessary to post about beating people on the street at all? What could that possibly prove? Certainly on the track. But on the street?

Wow, someone should take the stick out of your ass. As for bikes being unbeatable, try again. More than a few bikes have been taken out by supercharged and turbocharged vipers.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Please sell your Viper immediately. You obviously dont know what the hell you're talking about. BTW, 180,000 miles on a Moped doesnt count. :rolleyes:

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"no way a viper, even a supercharged one can keep up with a modern sport bike"

this tool's response is a joke right, he is just kidding right? could anyone who owns a viper (and allegedly have such extensive bike and viper operational skills) truly be that dipshiited. if so i agree with the above suggestion, sell the viper and go get a midclass sedan

this is such a dumbasss response i cannot even beging to rip it. playing another one bites the dust is trashtalk? LMFAO, let me guess, living on the edge is skipping your morning fiber drink for a day. time to go back into your bubble, jeeesus, what do the let join this morgue board anymore :rolleyes:

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
03 SRT red,
How's this for attitude:

The lights are flashing, the gates are down but the train just ain't coming.

If we gave you a penny for your thoughts you'd give us change.

You'd make some village a good idiot.

ViperRich was just out having a good time and shared it with us. Thank you.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are you on crack? Do you have any idea how many bikes I tore up in my Venom 650R? And this was without the NOS. On the freeway WITH my NOS and they would get annihilated! LITERALLY! *** are you talking about? And I've had plenty of bikes. I've had a ZX12, ZX9, and 2 ZX6's. And I currently own a Hayabusa GSX 1300R. I TOTALLY believe that ViperRich killed those bikes! And you make absolutely NO sense!!

****!

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe you missed the video where Gary J's heffner car walked away from a GSXR 1k like it was tide to a freight train. From a roll most have figured it takes about 900rwhp to really be able to play with the bikes. More than a few are making 1100+ to the wheels which will destroy all but the most brutal turbo bikes. You must try really really hard to be that ignorant. And really it's no special achievement to get "certified" by some advanced rider b/s. If you really had that much experience on a bike you should be the one teaching the school and/or racing pro not getting yelled at by a real pro cause you can't figure out how to apex a corner and are too afraid to really lay the bike over.

viperclub : 1
useless troll: 0

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And what kinda broad' can't handle the power of a 1000?!!!!!! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!! YOU TYPED THAT S***?!!! I mean I keep reading it but I can't believe it!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK...I admit....this is my AE drawing all of you out!! LOL!!
NOT!! :)

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well with the beating you guys are wailing on 3SRT, I'm staying neutral on this. But in one of my motorcycle mags I subscribe to, a friggin 600 (not sure which one but can find it) just broke the 10 second barrier and did a 1/4 in the high 9's. And this is a stock 600cc bike (ridden by a pro no doubt). Guys with the TT's are going to smoke everything but a Roe supercharger adding 100-200 hp, is that really going to smoke a GSXR 1000 or a Hayabusa? I'M JUST ASKING, I'M FRAGILE, PLEASE DON'T BEAT ME! I BRUISE EASY. And if you piss me off, I'll take my 1953 Indian Chief to the track and show you what a real bike can do. Don't tempt me.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Rich, here is what you should have posted to deserve getting called a bs'r: (I mean, if you are gonna get flamed for posting what happened to you, you might as well deserve it, so lets' rewrite your post in such a way where it will be fair for someone to call you a bs'r. It needs some arrogance, and untruths. Lets see if we can make it more of a target for flames). Here we go-

"I was trolling for some stupid sport bike riders, when I came across these two arrogant punks at the light. I looked over, and saw immediately that one was on a turboBusa, and the other was on a GSXR 1000. With my vast knowledge of sport bikes, I knew they would be quick, but no match for my Roe SC'd Viper. When I pulled up, they started dissing the Viper, so I thought I'd call them out. When the light turned green, I nailed it, and the pavement curled up around my rear wheels, the earth stopped rotating, and we went from 0-100 in 1.7 seconds! (I know that for a fact, because I was using my stop watch while I was shifting gears and watching the speedo) We hit second gear when the G-forces almost made me black out. I totally wasted 'em with my Roe SC'd V10, and its gazillion horsepower blew those two dweebs into the weeds! After moving ten feet forward, the sport bikes were just tiny dots in my rear view mirror. That should teach them the ABSOLUTE FACT that no sport bike of any type, even modded, can EVER, EVER, beat a SC'd Viper. I gave them a lesson they'll never forget for as long as they live."

There, see? Now you deserve to be called a bs'r. Don't you feel better? :)

OP
OP
V

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vic, you da'man! You are absolutely right! That is the way it should have been posted. The fact is, I have grown up here in Georgia, and I was racing a fellow REDNECK! Things are a little different here than ya'll are used to!

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i beat a modded 600 cc sport bike on the street last week with my viper. it was a honda cbr-600 f2 hurricane that had mods. clint sever was riding shotgun with me and got it on video. we raced from a 50 mph roll and i walked him hard and i am only puttin down 452 rwhp. when i let off at 140 mph he was behind me by at least 15 bike lengths. when we reached the next stop light he pulled up next to me and said that he has never lost a race in his life and pounded on his chest like he was having a heart attack and then shook his head back and forth in disbelief.

i raced a stock 1200 cc yamaha V-MAX a couple months ago from a roll. this was the fastest street bike you could buy in 1985. we were tied from 50-115 mph but once i shifted into 4th gear i pulled him hard. when i let off at 140 mph he looked to be behind me by about 15 bike lengths. i stopped and pulled over on the side of the road and he said that he has never been beaten by a car in his life and has even raced and beaten a 1960's cobra replicar that had a 427 big block in it. i told him that i have a stock unmodified yamaha V-MAX too and that i figured the outcome would go down just as it did.

yeah, i own and race bikes too (see pix below of me racing my 10 second drag bikes at the strip). so i aint no bullshiter. but if i had to race a guy like me with a bike like mine on the street in a viper i would wanna be packin at least 750 rwhp in my viper because my kawi has a turbo and my honda has nitrous. :p

2776scan0018-med.jpg

2776scan0017-med.jpg

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

You just don't have a clue when it comes to bikes vs Vipers! Things have changed in the last few year! :2tu:

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FastFreddie, Great post and great pics. Obviously you know what you are talking about. Are you beating the modded F2 and VMax with 452RWHP since you are doing this from a roll (50mph start)? Could you beat them in the 1/4 starting from a standstill? I'm assuming that you couldn't beat that stock 600 I mentioned above as I'm also assuming your car can't run a sub-10 sec 1/4 mile (but that was with a professional riding that bike). Correct? Again, I'm not dissin you, in fact, you've got more testosterone than I have to do what you do.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last week I walked a 600 cc bike, we went from 60 mph and I was in 2nd gear..hit 3rd, and 4th, and was waiting for him...

The End :D

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
03 SRT, you are a dumba$$! Why would you possibly post that crap in response to a fellow Viper owner beating up on a bike? I walked a GSX-R 750 from a 40mph roll what do you have to say about that? Why do some bike guys have such a hard time with this? I will never understand. Also, you SAY you have been to all of these schools for driving and you have 180,000 miles on sport bikes YET you needed to sell your bike because it was to hard to control. Sounds like YOU are having a hard time learning to drive a bike and cannot accept the fact that some Vipers can and will beat some bikes. Get a life and go to the Gen3 forum where you belong. Poser!
BTW, congrats Rich, very nice kill indeed! :2tu:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I've killed more than a few sport bikers with my measly 729 rwhp. It seems that many of them want to play with Vipers on the Freeways here in so Cal.

While most of us don't have the traction or power to weight ratio to beat up on these guys from a stop or in a quarter mile, I've done very well against them from speed, say 60 or up. Many of these guys (and other car owners as well) don't seem to realize how fast most Vipers can move from 60 on up.

Sounds like it was fun Rich.