"Nope. 8.3 litres."
*mouth gapes open*
"Come here. Let me show you everyone's favorite part...."

*pops hood*

:D :D :D

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've found that it's best just to respond to people sarcastically.

While I was at a red light once some a-hole said "What's that thing got, a V2?" so I just replied "it's a V3 dude." Best thing was then a cute brunette he was with (not his girlfriend, they were in a group) smiled at me.

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last week, I had three people refer to my ACR as a Lotus. I don't see how they got that one, but I thought it was funny.

King_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've found that it's best just to respond to people sarcastically.

While I was at a red light once some a-hole said "What's that thing got, a V2?" so I just replied "it's a V3 dude." Best thing was then a cute brunette he was with (not his girlfriend, they were in a group) smiled at me.

Holy old thread batman... :rolaugh:

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like he was just letting you know he is a car enthusiast also by saying he has a Miata at home.
Also don't assume, for all you know he has a spec Miata at home and can drive rings around most viper owners.

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the same, why are you insulting a guy who loved your car. It's kinda like a guy pulling up in an Enzo and laughing at you because you own a Viper.

+1 Well said....Obviously coming from someone that appreciates what they have and realizes how fortunate they are.......I wish others on this forum would too.....Sign of the times I guess......

Last edited:

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somehow this seems like actually nothing more than a great comment about a great car. The fact that he has a sports car, regardless of the cost, was likely nothing more than someone thinking you were a kindred spirit who liked cool cars, and he was acknowledging that he had a Miata, but it was nothing when compared to yours. I get this type of comment all the time and I would not consider it a slight , but just a yearning from someone that maybe someday they might be able to get a Viper.

Totally agree with Bill's comment.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had to Google what a Miata was? Never heard of one?

:D :rolaugh:

OK, we call them an MX5 in the UK Funny :D

I Will also aggree with Bill's post, BUT I do see the funny side too :D

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've even heard JonB say the RT/10's (rear end only) LOOK like a Miata, if it doesn't have a wing on it! Have you looked at the rear end of a Miata?